"Great" games that failed to blow you away

Sticky Squid

Dec 30, 2010
Red dead redemption, looking forward to a sequel of one of my favourite rockstar games and I was really disappointed by it.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
oblivion
fallout 3
(but I really like fallout new vegas!)
GTA IV
Mafia 2

I could go on, but I won't ;-)

Dyme

Nov 18, 2009
VikingSteve said:
Portal 2. This game sucks.
What exactly did you expect? I expected some Portal-ish puzzle game with funny jokes and got a Portal-ish puzzle game with funny jokes. Least disappointing game ever.

Batman - Arkham Asylum Didn't like its gameplay.
Fallout 3 Felt/Was a console port and felt exactly that bad. Bad/Slow inventory. Not hitting where you aim, retard-aiming-mode, just pure console-shit. Though Fallout was able to create atmosphere, I just personally disliked its style/sadness. Everythings dead and the rest are insane. Don't wanna feel bad when gaming.

HalfChance

Apr 5, 2011
Fallout 3, The game just didn't grab me like most Bethesda games do, I do however LOVE Fallout: New Vegas, Strange huh?

Captcha - cellular elvis

Dyme

Nov 18, 2009
VikingSteve said:
I expected a better game. How you find anything in that game funny makes me depressed. It might be funny if you're only like 13 or 14, but for an adult, that shit isn't funny. It's just annoying.
Having fun is so not adult.

Wonder what you think is funny then.

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
I remember answering something like this before. Lemme get my lightsabre... I'm pretty sure it can absorb flames considering it can easily melt through plated steel...

Half-Life
Halo
CoD
Touhou Project (yes, they're games, not anime)
Gears of War
Team Fortress

That's all I can think of off-hand.

kannibus

Sep 21, 2009
Fallout 3. Sure I finished it, but couldn't really get into it. Ah well, I enjoyed Hawx and Hawx 2, so my tastes are pretty suspect I think.

SilkySkyKitten

Oct 20, 2009
Halo: CE

While everyone seems to consider it the best in the series, I personally consider it the worst game in the Halo series. Although story and presentation wise it is one of the better ones, the gameplay is just so chalk-full of boring copypasta level design, annoyingly overpowered enemies, and overall dull gameplay that I just don't understand why it's considered better than the later Halo games.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Every Halo Game
Every Assasin's Creed game
Dragon age 2
Borderlands
Gears of War
God of War 3
Dante's Inferno

AtheistAndProud

Apr 25, 2010
Ocarina of time.
My friend gifted the virtual console version to me, and literally said it was the best game ever.
I'm playing through it (Currently in the Water Temple) and I'm not really impressed.
Epona and time travel are kinda cool, and the music is good, but everything is just so damn ugly (especially the people, honestly, they animate like marionettes in a threshing machine).
Between temples, I never have any bloody idea what I'm supposed to do next.
I wandered for ages before stumbling into the water temple.
I liked Wind-Waker, Phantom Hourglass, even the one with the train more than this.
In all of them, Wind-Waker especially, there was this great sense of exploration, but, when I was done sailing (training?) about, I knew where to go.
In Ocarina of Time, I just walk and ride about, hoping to stumble across the next plot point.