Great games you've never completed

AdmiralCheez

Nov 9, 2009
I was having quite a bit of fun in Red Dead Redemption, but then for some unknown reason, I just stopped playing it. I haven't picked it up in months, and I'm still not sure why. I didn't really get that far in it, so when the day comes that I pick it up again, I'll probably just start over.

Oh, and on Donkey Kong 64, I made it to like 97% completion, but there are just some golden bananas I can't get. You're not the only one who had trouble with getting the two arcade coins; I spent months trying to win the original Donkey Kong. The Jetpack game was easier once you figure out that it'll drop the coin at a set score, not completion. I just stayed in level 1, built the ship, fueled it, and then just floated around picking up the little gems and things until the coin showed up. Level 2 is much harder.

solidmetal

Jul 11, 2012
SKYRIM, too much shit to do, but luckly i did manage to finish the main quest line. Sorry Ulfric Stormcloak i can't take back Skyrim for you, 60 hour of gameplay is enough =3=.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim, and a few others I can't think of at the moment.

NightHawk21

Dec 8, 2010
For me it'd have to be the Witcher. I started playing it this past November I think, but then exams hit and it kinda got thrown to the side a little. Still have it installed, but I haven't picked it up since.

Alternatively, I never finished the story for Oblivion, but that one was due to a technical glitch. I got to the point where Oblivion gates are springing up all over the place and you have to go into each and close it, but then my comp crashed and all my data got wiped. Should probably play it again.

Elvaril

Dec 31, 2010
My problem is if a game is too long I will eventually set it down and just not pick it up again for months, sometimes years. Then when I do pick it up, I want to re-experience the whole story to refresh my memory so I start a new game. And then inevitably I set it down again 2/3 of the way through the story.

Pretty much every Zelda game. The only one I ever completed was Ocarina of Time and that still took me over ten years before I finally sat down and finally completed it.

Donkey Kong 64. I gave up on that one because I could not figure out how to get to the Crystal Caves. I somehow missed the cutscene where it shows the next area and could never find the Crystal Caves, so I gave up.

My personal shame though is having never completed Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door. The original Paper Mario is to this day my favourite video game ever made. I have played through to the train level in Thousand Year Door and love the game. It is an improvement upon the original in almost every way and yet I still have never been able to complete it.

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
Folklore
Onimusha 2
Faria
All the Lolo games

The list of terrible games I haven't finished is quite a bit longer. As is the games that sucked but I was determined to finish them lol

Hugh Wright

Apr 2, 2010
Oh one of the lists of shame-
Pick a GTA game (except Vice city). All for different reasons, computer death in GTA 3, playing on a PC so flying is too fiddly in San Andreas, Niko's Cousin in GTA 4.
Arcanum- it's huge, long and buggy as all hell, love the world, setting, style, some of the mechanics (magic vs tech) but damn I wish it had an auto save feature
Psychonaughts- Meat level
TES games (except Skyrim) Morrowind I got so far in it and got so confused as to what to do in the main quest I gave up computer then died and getting back into it is HARD, as for Oblivion the scaled leveling is so unbalanced I gave up before the uncanny valley hammered the final nail in the coffin.
Far Cry 1&3at the end of 1 the enemies have so much health it's a battle of attrition to fight so got board and gave up, and as for 3 once i'd explored the island, killed 2 of every animal and freed every outpost, and killed Vas the story missions seemed ... dull.

James Crook

Jul 15, 2011
I haven't finished Oblivion, Half-Life 2, Portal, and Minesweeper on PC.
I have yet to finish Jak & Daxter (the first game) on PS2... If only I could find the bloody thing.

Frozengale

Sep 9, 2009
Majora's Mask
Okami
Dark Souls
Demon's Souls
Beyond Good and Evil
Phantom Dust
Batman Arkham Asylum
Kingdoms of Amalur : Reckoning
Paper Mario: Thousand Years Door
Bioshock
Half-Life 2
Skyrim
Devil May Cry

Most of these I consider to be among the greatest games every created. I just really suck at finishing games, even the ones I like.

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
Baldur's Gate.

I was fairly addicted for a while, but then I just stopped. No idea why, probably something to do with the only encounters left being hard as balls and my having chosen a 16hp wizard as a player character (fantastic idea).

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Kara no Shoujo. I'm sure I'll play it again some day but for now I'm far too emotionally and physically drained. I spent all day gunning for the true ending but turns out you need to play it through again. Another day...

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
Man, I loved Dragon Quest... um, I think it was 8? Journey of the Cursed King was the subtitle anyways.
It had pretty much everything I like in JRPGs. The main characters were pretty interesting, you only had 4 party members so there wasn't a pesky feeling I should be switching my party around all the time to keep all the characters levels equal, it had a little time waster minigame in the form of the monster arena. I've actually played through a lot of it two or three times.
Until I get to one boss. I don't even remember his name, starts with an R and I hope it's the last boss because I can't even imagine anything harder being after him. As soon as I get to the flying castle dungeon, everything just starts feeling too hard and I don't have it in me to grind through it, but having a boss at the end that's so hard I couldn't beat after like a week of trying just makes me give up every time.

Despite just talking about the part that makes me stop playing a game after wasting two entire playthroughs, I want to play it again now...

The Jovian

Dec 21, 2012
System Shock 2. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who didn't finish it and the reason why I didn't is because I can't FIND THE LAST DAMN BLACK ANNELID EGG ON BOARD THE RICKENBACKER!!! And I'm pretty sure that even if I did I still would've given up when I got to the body of the Many as it looks unbelievably scary.

SlaveNumber23

A WordlessThing, a ThinglessWord
Aug 9, 2011
Skyrim, my hours of playtime for that game has to be in four digits spread over a variety of different characters, but I've never finished the main quest on a single one of those characters.

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
I never got a chance to beat Okage: The Shadow King; rented it once, never finished it, never saw it anywhere else since there.

It is almost the perfect game. It has an Evil Butler.

Darren716

Jul 7, 2011
Mass Effect 1. I got the entire trilogy last Christmas and I was making some good progress in the first game until I got to this snow level where I had to find the matriarch. I got to this Makko section and after an hour of playing I died and the last checkpoint was at the start of the Makko section. I was too disheartened to go back and finish it.