Great games you've never completed

Black Reaper

Aug 19, 2011
Gta San Andreas
Because of the fucking horrendous late game missions,particularly the one where you have to fly a toy plane and go and kill some guys with it, i could never clear it

Metroid Prime 3
Because i couldn't figure out what to do after what i think was the space pirate planet where you get the plasma whip or something

Pokemon Mystery dungeon,the first one
Because i lost my Gba, along with this and a few other games with it

Rattja

Dec 4, 2012
TizzytheTormentor said:
The Lion King for the SNES, it was a great game, very fun but holy balls that game was fucking hard! Made Dark Souls look like child's play, whats worse is that it was for kids, that game is an immense challenge. One day...
Oh I hear you! Growing up I played a lot of SNES with my cousins, beat every single one, even that stupid smurph game, but not that one..

I'll join in on the FFIX though. Good game, but took a break and now I don't remember what I were doing and too far in to start over.
Although, it really buggs me and I've been thinking about it a lot lately.. hmpf... that's it I'm beating that game now!

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
Final Fantasy XII. I like a lot things about it, but the licence board just makes the game painfully tedious at times. Slowly working through the game, it'll be awhile before I finish it.

Miss G.

Jun 18, 2013
Due to extreme final level-phobia hitting as soon as I see the point of no return:

Dragon Warrior
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
FF12
SMT Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha versus King Abaddon
Shadow Hearts: From the New World
Brave Story: New Traveler
Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance
Pokemon Conquest
.hack sign: Outbreak and Quarantine of the 4-part Infection series

Due to boredom:

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl (never happened to me before with a Pokemon title)
Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns
Xenosaga Episode III: Also sprach Zarathustra

nariette

Jun 9, 2013
I never completed L.A. Noire, but I plan to do it in my next holiday. I think I stopped playing because I didn't have time fr it anymore because of a testweek, and I didn't like the cases on vice, I prefered homicide.

puff ball

Mar 14, 2011
there are so many games i love that i haven't fininshed mostly because i play games for the mechanics and world building not usually for the story some recent entries are

skyrim
dishonored
far cry 3
tales of vesparia (this one makes me the saddest)
Alan wake
borderlands 2

that's all ive got at the moment

Vale

May 1, 2013
STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl and Clear Sky. SoC fucked my saves quite close to the end, and I was too heartbroken to start again. Clear Sky wasn't as fun as the other games so I dropped it at around Red Forest. Call of Pripyat I played through like 6 times. It's shorter and smaller than the others, but it does freeform super-serious FPS so damn right. It's just a joy to play.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Demon Souls, I was doing pretty well, I made my character pretty strong, but I got to the second boss of the mines(the fire beast thing) and the two "Maneater" gargoyle bosses on the tower and I just gave up. I really like the game, but I couldn't beat them, and rage quit. I may one day start the game over and not pick the melee focused knight as apparently that isn't a smart class to choose in that game.

I find all the responses with Paper Mario Thousand Year Door disturbing, all I can say is really try to finish it, it's so worth it.

thespyisdead

Jan 25, 2010
any bethesda game i have picked up.
any gta game i have ever picked up.
red dead redemption.

that's all i can think of right now o_O

GoaThief

Reinventing the Spiel
Feb 2, 2012
Skyrim I adore but I've yet to complete the main quest line despite putting hundreds of hours in. I will do at some point but the game for me is about getting lost in this beautiful world.

Bioshock is a game I really should love, and for the most part I do. However, the combat is really shitty, painfully slow and repetitive. I am finding it difficult to progress purely because of it and I've yet to complete it to this day.

Mordekaien

Sep 3, 2010
Morrowind- for whatever reason I struggle with the main quest way more than I should. I am pretty hyped for Bloodmoon, too- but I am not high enough level to go there so I suppose I will have to work through that block I am having right now. I would love to finish it, but don't have the energy to do so.

Aeonknight

Apr 8, 2011
Persona 4. At some point decided I didn't like the daily schedule shenanigans, where if you're not following an optimal route of social link building you're setting yourself up for an ass kicking later.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Final Fantasy VII, VIII, XI. VII I got to the last boss and decided I didn't want the game to end.

The other two, I just lost interested in them.

Similarly, Legend of Dragoon, because grinding was a ***** and, again, took too long.

Spyro the Dragon - not sure why I didn't. Currently play it on my Vita, and intend to complete it this time round.

Half Life - Supposedly a great game. Stopped playing early on because I thought it was boring.

Silent Hill 4 - there's a great game in there somewhere. Just too much backtracking, the puzzles are lame, as is the level design.

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion - fun for about 3 days, and then you realise you're just doing the exact same thing. Even the locations are all the same.

Zelda: Ocarina of Time - ambitious game, but too much so. Takes too long. Outstays its welcome.

Grand Theft Auto 3 - Takes too long. Outstays its welcome.

......I'm noticing a trend here. I don't like really long games.

Beyond Good and Evil - Played too much like Zelda, a game that hasn't exactly got the best controls to begin with. Was a bit too cheesy in terms of story.

Dark Souls - Too hard. Lack of reward. Got to that castle with the snake headed guards and then called it quits.

Suikoden 2 - I think I got to the last boss, but it was way too hard. And I wasn't willing to grind 100+ characters.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Well I never finished FF9, but then again I think it was very much overrated and was sick of it by the end of the first---
blink said:
2. YOU have to have liked/loved it, not the general public, YOU. It has to be a game that you genuinely enjoyed and wanted to complete.
Oh, well nevermind then.

On that note, I'd say Dishonored is a good candidate. I haven't given up on it I just kinda.......stopped playing it for some reason. Got to the first REAL level where there's a side mission to go drop a dead rat in some street gang's batch of plague cure. I made it to where I was supposed to dump the rat in completely undetected, then I turn around and 3 guys had seemingly come out of nowhere to spot me. I was tired so I had a mini rage-quit, declaring that to be bullshit and turned the game off and I haven't played it since. No real reason, like I said: I just kinda stopped.

As for the first rule of the 100% completion technicality, for me that would be Arkham Asylum. Never completed the combat challenges because, while still amazing, I found the combat in the game to be a little choppy (since I actually played Arkham City before Asylum, and in AC it seems they hammered out all the minor kinks and made the combat as fluent as it could be). For instance: only two quick-fire gadgets. No Bat-Beatdown when you attack a guy after doing a Bat-Stun on them. Just seems like all you can really do is punch and jump around...granted that's all you really NEED to do, but I guess I just liked how they refined the process of taking down a Titan in AC, allowing you to ultra-stun them and then go in for a beatdown while countering enemies that run up to attack you. In AA all you do is get in three hits before you have to jump away and wait for them to charge at you again.

GodzillaGuy92

Jul 10, 2012
I'll deign not to include any of the half-dozen games I've started in the past few months, since I anticipate finishing all of them at least before the end of summer (or so I tell myself). So as far as I can recall, that leaves only Banjo-Kazooie. Great game, obviously, but I guess after awhile my seven-year-old self ran into some obstacle he couldn't get past and got disheartened enough to stop playing. Doubtlessly, I never went back to it because by the time I might have, I already had Banjo-Tooie, which improves upon the original in every way and which I've spent enough time in that i actually don't feel all that bad about not finishing the first game (though now I have it emulated on my computer and am playing back through it anyway).

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Terramax said:
Zelda: Ocarina of Time - ambitious game, but too much so. Takes too long. Outstays its welcome.
While I'd say the rest of your points are perfectly valid, I've gotta bicker with you about this one. I literally beat OoT in a day. 24 hours, give or take. Started at about 8 in the morning and played until midnight, woke up the next day and finished it up by early afternoon. Then again, it's entirely possible that we just have two different definitions for the phrase "long game". :p

Magnethead

Feb 1, 2011
Baldur's Gate (and BG2). I had the original boxed version, then the GOG download, then the TUTU modded version, and now I'm trying the reloaded version on the NWN2 engine. It was even my New Year's resolution for 2012 to finish the bloody thing, but I just never seem to get through it.

Aarun

Apr 10, 2013
hm. I seem to remember enjoying what I played of 'Lost Odyssey' for the Xbox 360, but the frequency of which I actually decided to sit down and play it really meant that I hardly got anything done, considering how its a JRPG and all. Alas, now that I no longer own my Xbox 360, it seems like this is one I'll never finish.

Similarly, I remember enjoying Brutal Legend until the RTS-elements really took over as the main gameplay segments. I could never really get a feel for the units & their strengths and as such, just ended up drifting from it and never finishing it.