Greenlight Redlight

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Greenlight Redlight

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter. "

Read Full Article

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Except
a) due an added fee of 100$, most fake and joke entries (which are shown there) don't exist anymore.
b) The War Z was never on Greenlight because the developer already had a game on Steam, skipping the whole process right to release

Bad research turned an average joke into a horrible one.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Bindal said:
Except
a) due an added fee of 100$, most fake and joke entries (which are shown there) don't exist anymore.
b) The War Z was never on Greenlight because the developer already had a game on Steam, skipping the whole process right to release

Methinks you didn't get the joke. The joke is that when left up to people they choose the same dross that people complain that is forced on them by corporations. So,

a) It's not about joke games
b) It's not about The War Z

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Grey Carter said:
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter. "
Truer words have never been spoken, and I have to say that theme fits today's comic perfectly.

Also, I like the names of the people making the games. :3

Wuvlycuddles

Oct 29, 2009
Ok, Clever Unicorn's Nautical Travels actually sounds pretty good...... I am somewhat ashamed of myself.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Eric the Orange said:
Bindal said:
Except

Methinks you didn't get the joke. The joke is that when left up to people they choose the same dross that people complain that is forced on them by corporations. So,

There is no joke when the pointe is shot down by reality.
If we elimiate fakes from Greenlight, then we got two kinds of games:
1 - games that are at least appear good or straightup are good.
2 - games that are actual games, but appear to be bad and won't get pass the greenlight process.

The joke here is obviously that only fakes and joke-games exist. Which don't. Hence, no joke.

Monster_user

Jan 3, 2010
"Good" games are subjective, apparently.

Games I consider terrible have been greenlit. Games I want to play are still waiting on more votes. Some of these games are free flash game quality.

rofltehcat

Jul 24, 2009
The comic is funny because it is true. Most Greenlight applications are just the same old clones and uninspired games we know from the android/google play store.

Haven't used Greenlight after the first week or so that it was released.
Giving people a limited amount of votes (10 per week?) and some incentives to use it (10% off titles you voted for?) would probably work better. Right now I don't have a lot of motivation because it is a waste of time especially since in theory I could vote for every game there, wasting even more time. If I had a limited amount of votes, I'd probably cast them for a small incentive.

burningdragoon

Warrior without Weapons
Jul 27, 2009
Bindal said:
Eric the Orange said:
Bindal said:
Except

There is no joke when the pointe is shot down by reality.
If we elimiate fakes from Greenlight, then we got two kinds of games:
1 - games that are at least appear good or straightup are good.
2 - games that are actual games, but appear to be bad and won't get pass the greenlight process.

The joke here is obviously that only fakes and joke-games exist. Which don't. Hence, no joke.
If by "joke game" you mean "shitty rehashes of games that we already have" then sure. Except those aren't the same at all.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Not to mention too the crushing weight of being an indie developer must get a bit more crushing when your unique and sensational indie game gets passed over by ZOMBIES!!! and NOSTALGIA: THE GAME...

Brainwreck

Dec 2, 2012
No. The best argument against democracy is Winston Churchill.
Fuck the guy.
Fuck him in his dead face-fuck.

Comic is right on the money nonetheless.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Yeah, I've looked through the stuff on Greenlight and found very little I'd actually want to green light.

Drejer43

Nov 18, 2009
If you actually look at the games that has been greenlit so far. Most of the games look to be fairly original in some way. So what is your problem everyone?

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
As a long time browser of XBL indie games, I say this;

Welcome to our hell.

That said, it's an entertaining hell. Once in a while, a genuinely good game slips through, and in the meantime, it can be a hilarious way to kill time.

hentropy

Feb 25, 2012
Why won't anyone vote for my open-world adventure-RPG, "Dean Martin's Singin', Drinkin', and Dickin'"?

Tanakh

Jul 8, 2011
Bindal said:
Drejer43 said:
I am with this guys. Of the games released so far I am very interested in 4 and havent bought them just because my freaking back catalogue seems endless atm. Honestly none seem like ripoffs and miner wars seems especially fun while air bucaneers (even being a remake of a mod) cought my eye for the innovative PvP aspects, thus find the strip lacking.
BurnedOutMyEyes said:
No. The best argument against democracy is Winston Churchill.
Fuck the guy.
Fuck him in his dead face-fuck.

Comic is right on the money nonetheless.
Mhee, he was great at speeches and did the best he could. But yeah, America owns a great part of it's economic dominance to Churchill, was much better for the yankees than the brits.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
As they say sometimes, "It gets worse before it gets better."

Hpoefully this is as bad as it gets, and if not I'm sure it will have to get better soon.

Jzcaesar

Mar 29, 2011
Wouldn't verb craft be a 3D Voxel first person version of scribblenaughts? I don't know why I thought of that first though.