Grumpy Cat's Christmas Movie Has a Trailer

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
The cat's popularity is on the downward slope.

In words of Sir Patrick Stewart

"No matter how big a splash you make in this world, whether you're a Corey Feldman, Frankie Muniz, Justin Bieber or a talking Teddy Bear, eventually nobody gives a shit."

Mhmh

Oct 12, 2012
bdcjacko said:
The trailer was amazing. The movie will suck. But the trailer is amazing.
Really? For me the trailer had a feel of a non-sarcastic version of South Park´s Rob Schneider move trailers.

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
We have no one to blame but ourselves

*waits for replies stating things along the lines of "I never thought this shit was funny" as if they legitimately believe I think EVERY SINGLE PERSON knows or cared about this meme or that I'm actually blaming anyone at all.*

Chessrook44

Legacy
Feb 11, 2009
Country
United States
Guys, just remember. This is a LIFETIME movie. Turn all your expectations down.

EssThree

Oct 6, 2013
This is what happens when the internet leaks into the real world. I hope you're happy, Reddit!

Somethingfake

Oct 22, 2008
Oh gods. I....I. Oh gods. Only two good things will come of this. One: The Rifftrax guys will still have a job. Two: This film will serve as a warning to future generations.

Does no one high up know this is a bad idea? Remember "shit my dad says" and how bad that was on TV?

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Chessrook44 said:
Guys, just remember. This is a LIFETIME movie. Turn all your expectations down.
Somehow, they'll shove in a way to blame all the movie's problems on the evil men.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
coolbond said:
well that was... something, something is the only way to explain what i feel right now
It was definitely a thing that happened, that's for sure.

bdcjacko said:
The trailer was amazing. The movie will suck. But the trailer is amazing.
I'm not sure it was amazing, but it does get points for "cat with paintball machine gun."

momijirabbit said:
Worst movie ever?
I'm gonna say worst movie ever.
I don't know. "Cat with paintball machine gun" trumps anything Battleship offered.

I still expect it to suck, but at least it has "cat with paintball machine gun."

JoJo said:
Ugh, the voice really doesn't work for me, though up until now I always thought of Grumpy Cat as being male so the gender switch is jarring. I imagined it being gruffer and less sarcastic American girl >.>
Personally, I always pictured Grumpy Cat as Daria Morgendorffer. Not the actress, but actually Daria.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
WTF was that? had a ruff smile on but thats about it. sure will pass on that one. i think im better off watching interstellar. even when its not a xmas movie or for xmas.

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
Zachary Amaranth said:
JoJo said:
Ugh, the voice really doesn't work for me, though up until now I always thought of Grumpy Cat as being male so the gender switch is jarring. I imagined it being gruffer and less sarcastic American girl >.>
Personally, I always pictured Grumpy Cat as Daria Morgendorffer. Not the actress, but actually Daria.
Well, the spoof Daria life action trailer had Aubrey Plaza as the grown up Daria, and people loved that.

(I've heard that grumpy cats general real live demeanor is much nicer and sweeter than her expression suggests)

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
That... sucked.

Usually a trailer can at least make the movie seem good, even though my cynicism reminds me it won't be. Kind of like how microwave food looks nice on the package even though you know it won't look like that once you open the box.

But this didn't even seem like it was trying to be good. The jokes were too corny even for my taste, and that's saying something. And her voice sounded wrong -- I imagined her sounding like Foamy the Squirrel.

Spider RedNight

There are holes in my brain
Oct 8, 2011
Along with always seething on the inside that there are snarky, geeky girls around my age being paid to be sarcastic and snide, that movie looks like something I'll give a pass.

As if the Hallelujah Chorus didn't give it away in the trailer or the blatant attempt to pass off some "funny" fourth wall jokes. Also I never trust a narrator that sounds like someone from Rick and Morty's 'Rixty Minutes'

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
momijirabbit said:
Worst movie ever?
I'm gonna say worst movie ever.
Really, Lifetime itself is the worst movie ever. I say that this might be good for a laugh.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Compared to the two other British Christmas films trailers I saw (when watching The Book of Life) that's coming out this fall (Nativity 3 and this Xmas film about Santa being imprision and a kid and his dad have to recuse him) I rather watched this instead!

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Windknight said:
Well, the spoof Daria life action trailer had Aubrey Plaza as the grown up Daria, and people loved that.
Personally, I thought she was literally the worst part of the "trailer."

(I've heard that grumpy cats general real live demeanor is much nicer and sweeter than her expression suggests)
She's adorable.

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
Zachary Amaranth said:
She's adorable.
Well, I'm biased, since MY cat is as far from sweet and adorable as can be...

I don't know. It looks better than most Lifetime movies. I'll file it alongside Earnest Saves Christmas and Santa Claus Conquers the Martians.