GTA V London Stabbing, Teens Arrested

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
GTA V London Stabbing, Teens Arrested

The man was attacked after he attended a midnight game launch.

A 23 year old London man was hit with a brick, stabbed and robbed of his phone, watch and copy of since been reported [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/10598-Grand-Theft-Auto-5-Review-People-Suck?utm_source=reviews&utm_medium=index_carousel&utm_campaign=all] that three teens have been arrested on suspicion of the robbery, and are in custody.

The victim had attended one of the many GTA V midnight game launches held all over the country, which attracted huge crowds. GTA V is expected to outsell itself this time, and could move as many as 25 million units in the first 12 months. The police were unwilling to comment on the motive for the attack, beyond saying it was "unclear at this stage." The teens suspected of involvement are 15, 16 and 18 years old.

The victim is in a London hospital, and reported to be in stable condition.

Source: Independent [http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/london-man-stabbed-and-robbed-of-his-copy-of-gta-5-8821940.html]

Dark Knifer

May 12, 2009
Wonder if he was targeted for his game or just a random attack.

Either way, fuck these thugs.

AndrewC

Jun 24, 2010
You know, every day you see or hear something in the news demonstrating that the world is probably filled with more scum than decent people.

Goddamit society. Hope the guy recovers well and that a proper punishment is delivered to these degenerates.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
On the positive side, since it was the midnight launch the perpetrators couldn't really have been influenced by the game content yet.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Ok, he's gonna be ok, and the thugs got caught. Good news all around. Though the thought of a 15 year old stabbing someone kinda freaks me out. Was it for the game or was him walking home from the midnight launch just a coincidence?

Somethingfake

Oct 22, 2008
erttheking said:
Ok, he's gonna be ok, and the thugs got caught. Good news all around. Though the thought of a 15 year old stabbing someone kinda freaks me out. Was it for the game or was him walking home from the midnight launch just a coincidence?
It doesn't matter if it was just a coincidence, you know what news channels will do.

mattaui

Oct 16, 2008
Man mugged in London at 1 am by hoodlums. Ho hum.

Oh, it could be tied to a video game? Stop the presses!

Caiphus

Social Office Corridor
Mar 31, 2010
Klaflefalumpf said:
Damn Escapist, we expect this sort of slant from the Daily Mail. From you? We expect better.
There was a slant?
I didn't notice it.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Sounds like a regular night mugging to me. The only reason this got any attention is because GTA5 was among the stolen objects really. Im sure his phone and watch is more expensive anyway.
Capcha: jump the gun
yes you did.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Strazdas said:
Sounds like a regular night mugging to me. The only reason this got any attention is because GTA5 was among the stolen objects really. Im sure his phone and watch is more expensive anyway.
Capcha: jump the gun
yes you did.
Never doubt the petty reasons as to why people steal things. Hell, back when the PS3 launched where I live 4 people were shot specifically for the console.

OT: Poor guy, although good thing he's in stable condition.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
I made a post about the mugging last night, it's good to hear the twats who did it were caught so quickly. It's kind of sad to hear that a 15 year old was involved but I hope that he gets sentenced as an adult and not let off with a slap on the wrist and an ASBO.

I am suprised that Asda have midnight game launches though.

Zer0Saber

Aug 20, 2008
Great, a few terrible people always have to bring a spotlight back to violent games. Thank goodness that the victim is doing alright, but he's gotta be thinking, "What the hell."

llamastorm.games

Apr 10, 2008
CriticalMiss said:
I made a post about the mugging last night, it's good to hear the twats who did it were caught so quickly. It's kind of sad to hear that a 15 year old was involved but I hope that he gets sentenced as an adult and not let off with a slap on the wrist and an ASBO.

I am suprised that Asda have midnight game launches though.

Major supermarket. Open 24 hours during the week. Gonna be open anyways. Many stores are doing 250 copies an hour at midnight launch in busier areas. Many people might also pick up other items whilst there. Its why tesco has the game cheapest of anywhere in the UK.

Riotguards

Feb 1, 2013
at this stage." The teens suspected of involvement are 15, 16 and 18 years old.
i'm hoping they get the book thrown at them, being tried as adults and subjected to adult punishment

but knowing the british "justice" system they'll get a slap on the risk with 6 months of house arrest or something pitiful

mirage202

Mar 13, 2012
Let us not pretend this has anything to do with GTA V, this kind of crap happens all the time in London. People are beaten to within an inch of their lives every day simply so some chav scumbag can nick their phone.

That he just happened to also be carrying a copy of GTA was nothing more than a "bonus" for these thugs.

At the top of my road a 15 year old kid was stabbed 7 times in broad daylight for not handing over his phone to a 14 year old. This sadly really isn't uncommon.