Guild Wars 2 Migrates In Fantasy Taxi Fleet, LA Customers Baffled

Elate

Nov 21, 2010
nikago said:
actually they removed content this Halloween and added a INSANE grind for the skins
SUPER. For a game they claimed would be grind free, they sure have been adding plenty of it.

Worgen said:
So, your complaining that gw2 doesn't already have an expansion? You do realize it took world of warcraft 3 years to come out with a real expansion. GW2 is just over a year old and already its getting new content added regularly.
No, I'm complaining that instead of working on an expansion, we're being told it isn't happening and instead getting living story. Which is to gameplay what a slice of bread is to a three course meal. Disappointing and sparse.

the doom cannon

Jun 28, 2012
nikago said:
and people who support Anet call people like me vitriol spewers and claim i'm "objectively" wrong, Anet then responds to these people with "thanks for the feedback" and "your right". GW2 is the worst run MMO ever do NOT PLAY IT unless you like being Anet's mindless yes man
No offense meant, but comments like that kinda perpetuate the claim that people make of being a vitriol spewer. I won't argue that Scarlet is kinda a cop-out villain at this point, and the whole alliance thing seems lazy. But the content itself is fun, and the little tidbits of story you can get if you take the time to look around are pretty cool. Lots of people just rush through the content though, which is why there are a lot of people saying there is no content. Anet has a bad habit of being able to create a great story but terrible implementation. You have to go out of your way to find a lot of it
Elate said:
I followed him until he started complaining about his contract with Machinima. I didn't watch much of his stuff after he stopped covering gw2 anyway, but that whole Machinima thing has really turned me off from his videos. I agree that a true expansion is overdue and would benefit the game in a great way, but the biweekly content is there. If you just take your time with it, you'll enjoy it more. With regards to the Halloween thing, it was exactly like with GW1. Maybe I'm just used to it because I played GW1 for 6 years.

Elate

Nov 21, 2010
the doom cannon said:
Elate said:
I followed him until he started complaining about his contract with Machinima. I didn't watch much of his stuff after he stopped covering gw2 anyway, but that whole Machinima thing has really turned me off from his videos. I agree that a true expansion is overdue and would benefit the game in a great way, but the biweekly content is there. If you just take your time with it, you'll enjoy it more. With regards to the Halloween thing, it was exactly like with GW1. Maybe I'm just used to it because I played GW1 for 6 years.
I played GW1 for a pretty long time myself, but at least it had all the expansions to keep me entertained, in my opinion GW2 just simply doesn't have enough content in it period, and my issue with the living world stuff is that it's boring more than anything, there's no challenge, no fun to it. Frankly the last GOOD update was the Super Adventure Box, now that has challenge.

I also stopped following him recently, but that was after I watched a livestream of his where all he did was ***** and whine for almost an hour about his life. It was kind of pathetic.

jollybarracuda

Oct 7, 2011
I'll actually agree with Elate on the living story content. I'm a fan of the idea, but even at my level 80 warrior, that content is always tough as nails and it's not often I join up with any of my friends to make a group- so I end up passing on the content. But more to Elate's point, the content added is usually only up for two weeks, and while i'm sure the quality of the content is great, it's the quantity of it that seems to be missing- something that you can get more with a true expansion that adds races, classes, zones, etc., into the world. Plus, the saddest part is just the fact that ANet doesn't seem to even be considering an expansion, and I feel like the biggest difference here is that the Living Story content keeps current players busy, but an expansion is good at bringing retired players back in. But it's only a year into the game's life- and they're still focused on fine-tuning and balancing the game right now, so maybe an expansion isn't totally off the table.

None of my issues with the living content stop me from enjoying my time with the game though, it's the only MMO to keep my attention since it released.

the doom cannon

Jun 28, 2012
nikago said:
there is no going out the way its shoved in your face you goin into a ,mindless mess of flashy attacks that blind you of whats even happening and zerg for 2 hours then its done its not fun its lazy and pathetic, and then they shove "living story" in WvW making them mad, then they reset peoples to lvl 30 in fractals because LEADERS boards.
so no offence i'm not a vitriol spewer i have my reasons for hate and put them down that's not vitriol spewing its criticism and anat will just ignore it or ban me for speaking out at there so call "content"
Let's address your claims.
Story being shoved in your face: no that's the content, not the story. Like I said, Anet is terrible at implementing their story. Read what the new NPCs say. THAT is where the story is. It's easily skippable and missable, hence bad implementation.
zerging: you can get around the zerging by waiting a few days, just fyi.
living story in wvw: never heard of this. What are you refering to?
fractals and leaderboards: They completely revamped fractal mechanics. Take a moment to really read into the changes they made and you will see why resetting to 30 was necessary.
your last part: criticism is usually well thought out and well presented. Yours was neither.

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
Yep. The same three haters justifying why they should be ignored. Moving on...

This is a strange campaign... similar to Cash Cab, but without the game show behind it. Clever and creative, certainly, but bizarre. I hope this works out for them better than the bizarre "ad" that ran before launch... the one that made absolutely no sense to anyone besides the artist.

Captcha: Lots of room
Oddly enough, Captcha, it looks like those cabs are rather cramped. They must be bigger on the inside.

Ipsen

Jul 8, 2008
Elate said:
Just because they're biweekly doesn't change a whole lot though, they're still maybe a few hours worth of dicking around, and that's it.
Call me silly, but shouldn't a 'story' be experienced in only a couple hours anyway? 'Story', for me, does not constitute the brunt of my play in any game, and especially not in MMOGs. It may be the reason I play, but it's the game played; i.e. the activity performed that gets me to and through the story. In any case, even a bit of contextual intelligence might tell you that a story crafted in two weeks might be a bit short.

But to look at the big picture, I think people are disappointed with Living Story because there isn't much, if any story content like it. Most games have one large story, or large stories in large, contained pieces, but this is the first game where various 'vignettes' appear, and regularly. As they fade, I'm prone not to not consider them 'part of the game' (whatever sticks fits the bill, though). People just are not used to the delivery method.

I have my problems with GW2 myself; I need to see this game prioritize PvP first, and ALWAYS. It's just about the only spirit that GW2 can hold from GW1, and it's hardly improving, if at all. It's nice to see a focus on story, since it was definitely an afterthought (though a quality one) in GW1, but PvP was always the main draw to the game. But for the record, I'm not worried about an expansion, though I'd love one, and think it's due; GW2 is a much bigger game, and even with the engine available, most likely would take more time than GW1's expansion rate (which was pretty damn close if not exactly 1 year reps).

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Elate said:
the doom cannon said:
Elate said:
I played GW1 for a pretty long time myself, but at least it had all the expansions to keep me entertained, in my opinion GW2 just simply doesn't have enough content in it period.
As was said to you before, Guild Wars 2 is barely a year old. And If you remember playing GW1, you should remember that the first expansion for that game came 2 years after release. I'd rather them give me small batches of content while they work on making a good expansion instead of rushing to make the expansion to appease people who play MMORPGs for the single player story.

Alssadar

Sep 19, 2010
I like the commercial: it had its charm and had tipped the corner of my mouth into a smile.

That being said, I won't be getting GW2: I've neither the time nor effort to care for an MMO.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
be nice if the game was more fun and less tedious feeling, then I'd probably still be play that over Warframe.

Proto Taco

Apr 30, 2013
I'm glad to see GW2 is making enough money to warrant promotion. It really is a great game, although clearly a few of the Blizzites and Game Design Messiahs are lurking in these forums to balance out all of us positive folk.

And yes, WoW is inferior to GW2.

Proto Taco

Apr 30, 2013
nikago said:
Proto Taco said:
I'm glad to see GW2 is making enough money to warrant promotion. It really is a great game, although clearly a few of the Blizzites and Game Design Messiahs are lurking in these forums to balance out all of us positive folk.

nice you call all who disagree with you Blizzites like were lesser human beings that's just insulting most people i played gw2 left why its getting worse every single patch with is tarribad temp content or worse when it removes old content to replace it.
Such eloquence, such poise. Thank you for showing me how wrong I was to have an opinion that I shared freely and without regret.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
wulfy42 said:
GW2 starts off with a bang and then dies with a wimper for most people. Of the 10 or so people I know that played it, only 2 played it for more then a month and neither of them are still playing it 6 months later. It's still quite worth the price even for a months play (especially on sale)...and it works for SOME people because obviously there are plenty that are still playing after all this time, but I think the game is missing something. Something that keeps you drawn in and interested long term.
Sounds about right. I abandoned it at around that time, mostly cause I just got kinda bored. Haven't touched it since, sadly, cause I did like it a fair bit. It just didn't hold my attention forever. Maybe cause by the end of my run, I FINALLY got some armor that looked different than the stuff before lvl 30. I mean, cmon, that's just leaving a shitty first impression >.>

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Proto Taco said:
nikago said:
Proto Taco said:

nice you call all who disagree with you Blizzites like were lesser human beings that's just insulting most people i played gw2 left why its getting worse every single patch with is tarribad temp content or worse when it removes old content to replace it.
Such eloquence, such poise. Thank you for showing me how wrong I was to have an opinion that I shared freely and without regret.
While he may not be the best spoken person on these forums, he still has a point. You don't have to be a fan of one game to not like another one just because they're in the same genre.

I'll freely admit that I've played WoW for going on 5+ years now, and I own both Starcraft II and Diablo III. The reason I don't care about Guild Wars 2 isn't because of some misplaced 'loyalty' to Blizzard; it's because I don't care about highly competitive content, especially PvP which is what I've always been led to believe is the primary pull of Guild Wars, and I don't have the time or patience to invest in another MMO where I won't know any of the people I'm playing with.

OT: That's quite a stunt they're pulling there. I wonder how they're going to pick the winners and how many there will be. Good luck to everyone who enters, etc. etc.