Guilty Gear Strive

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
BTW, part of that interview has Daisuke Ishiwatari confirming that Bridget was always intended to be transgender, but the timing just wasn't right when she was first created.

Reactions: BrawlMan

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
BTW, part of that interview has Daisuke Ishiwatari confirming that Bridget was always intended to be transgender, but the timing just wasn't right when she was first created.

They put in a lot of work, design wise. I'm impressed they did the homework on common points of dysphoria

D1C5A98D-1291-4190-8439-BC6ABCA5C726.jpeg

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
And Sin Kiske is the new DLC character, set to release Nov 24th

Kind of an obvious pick for starting plots moving forward

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
The burst changes are nice, as are the Chipp buffs, sad to see Sin didn't get touched up at all though, those lingering hurtboxes are nuts.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Not quite Gulty Gear Strive, but somebody's managed to find an APK for Guilty Gear Vastedge and work is being done scrapping data and movies from it, so that's exciting.

Vastedge was a Guilty Gear Japanese only pachinko mobile game, and until now basically zero information about it has actually been recorded

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
So the new char is Bedman (as just a bed) and Delilah but she's just there you don't actually fight as her, you are controlling just the bed it looks like.

Also season 3 confirmed, and new char in May.

Last edited:

wings012

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 7, 2011
Country
Malaysia
Elphelt was my favourite in Xrd... so where is she? Though judging from how Happy Chaos seems to have similar mechanics/moves, and with this Bedman that isn't quite Bedman - I guess the odds of her returning in this installment is slim.

Anyway I did notice Strive is out on Gamepass, granted it doesn't come with the Season Passes but I might give it a spin one of these days....

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Distinct maybe. Seems like the writers are going for who they have ideas for, plus making her different enough from Happy Chaos would be a trick.

Like, Bridget and Sin didn't get in until Pass 2. Wouldn't count her out, but it might take a bit

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
Elphelt was my favourite in Xrd... so where is she? Though judging from how Happy Chaos seems to have similar mechanics/moves, and with this Bedman that isn't quite Bedman - I guess the odds of her returning in this installment is slim.

Anyway I did notice Strive is out on Gamepass, granted it doesn't come with the Season Passes but I might give it a spin one of these days....
Nah HC is nothing like Elphelt. He just has her gun. HC is a super broken full screen zoner, imagine if elphelt's sniper rifle was insanely fast and + and you could fire it as a negative edge and it instantly tracked and locked on. Literally all he does is just shoot you repeatedly until you do something and then combos you from full screen, or goes in and confirms meterless uncharged dust (which no char can do) thanks to the way his shot works. The closest thing to this in older GGs is Justice from +R, but she had to commit more to zoning and be proactive, whereas HC can be reactive to your attempts to approach, more fun to play but way more annoying to go up against lol. Also they are using every char they have a semi-done model of from Xrd, so Elphelt should make it in eventually. Next one after Bedman? seems to be Asuka/that man though.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Last character from Season 2 revealed, Season 3 announced. Hopefully leads the way to more story content

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
I see traces of Nine's kunzite in this man. Terror all over again. Can't wait.