Guilty Pleasure You Least Want To Admit?

Jharry5

Nov 1, 2008
I'm hardly going to put down such sensitive information here where anyone could get hold of it...

StigmataDiaboli

May 18, 2009
Having a crush on the Harry Potter character Luna Lovegood. Not the actress who plays her, the actual character...the far out, kinda scary, oddly cute character.

("You can leave the raddish earings on... :)")

....im going to leave now

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
None, I'm proud about anything I like. I happily tell anyone that I love to play The Sims 3, or watch Naruto, listen to a lot of jazz or that I'm a sucker for cheesy (and possibly nerdy) romance. I'm proud of myself.

Faps

Jul 27, 2008
Girls Aloud are my 15th most listen to artist according to Last.fm

letsnoobtehpwns

Dec 28, 2008
Telling people to use the search bar. I'm not saying that I've seen this thread before, I just like to tell other people to use it. Telling people to use the search bar gives me a smug sense of self satisfaction.

Fenring

Sep 5, 2008
I love Yu Wan Mei Fish Time. It's awesome.

I actually love and still play the MechWarrior tabletop game. I have a 3' x 2' box of them, great game.

historybuff

Feb 15, 2009
Triffid said:
StigmataDiaboli said:
Having a crush on the Harry Potter character Luna Lovegood. Not the actress who plays her, the actual character...the far out, kinda scary, oddly cute character.

...the fuck is wrong with you? Since it's Harry Potter, isn't she like, a child character? wouldn't that make you a pedophile (unless of course you yourself are a child,and even then, it's a FICTIONAL CHARACTER) Just find a girl who loves anime. They all act like that, because they think it's "random", which apparently equals "funny" or "cute"
Dude, chill. If you didn't notice, this is a thread of guilty/secret pleasures. Not "I'm going to go and do this thing right now."

And besides, Luna grows up, remember? Luna isn't deliberately random. She's just herself.

So comparing Luna to 14 year old girls who like anime is sort of not the same thing. Women who like anime are capable of being quite mature.

It doesn't make this person a pedophile for appreciating Luna. He'd only be a pedophile if he was molesting kids.

PlasticTree

May 17, 2009
I'm sorry folks. I do have a pleasure I least want to admit, but sadly I don't want to admit it.

Takoto

Mar 25, 2009
The fact I love reading fan-service packed manga.
Not really that bad, but I haven't really told anyone about it *is reading some now*

Ashkente

Jan 21, 2009
historybuff said:
Women who like anime are capable of being quite mature.
I haven't met any, in the past 20 years.
40yr old women who squee over Inuyasha scare the piss out of me.

Ranthus

Mar 7, 2009
Triffid said:
historybuff said:
Triffid said:
StigmataDiaboli said:

...the fuck is wrong with you? Since it's Harry Potter, isn't she like, a child character? wouldn't that make you a pedophile (unless of course you yourself are a child,and even then, it's a FICTIONAL CHARACTER) Just find a girl who loves anime. They all act like that, because they think it's "random", which apparently equals "funny" or "cute"
Dude, chill. If you didn't notice, this is a thread of guilty/secret pleasures. Not "I'm going to go and do this thing right now."

And besides, Luna grows up, remember?
no I don't remember, I don't read harry potter
So why bother replying with something that ruins the point of the thread?

On topic, I play Dark Heresy (wish someone else did) and really like W40k, except I don't want to play the game W40k. Most people would think, "Why would you read the books, and play the games, but NOT play the actual game?"
1) Expensive
2) Lack of people
3) Lack of interest
Why would I play that when I could play Dawn of War?(although it's even more balanced, and no tyranids)

Edit:
thebobmaster said:
The fact that I RP as female characters.
That isn't different from a lot of people.