Guinness: Arkham Asylum Is Most Acclaimed Superhero Game Ever

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
TheTygerfire said:
Just playing the demo convinced me that this game deserves the highest rating.
And just playing the demo makes me want to vomit in terror because the game won't be out for at least another two weeks on PC.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Keane Ng said:
Arkham Asylum had undoubtedly stiff competition in this most vaunted of categories, having needed to best other notable superhero game masterpieces like Iron Man and Superman 64.
Word on the street is, the developers of Iron Man 2 are getting serious, and actually want their game to be really good. Will it? Well I won't hold my breath, but Wolverine is an example of a tie in game that had a lot of effort put into it and came out good.

OT: While this is a pretty pointless record, I finally got round to playing the demo, and I will say I am rather impressed. Dunno why everyone was harping on about the graphics though, I liked the attention to detail on certain things, but that's about it.

calelogan

Jun 15, 2008
Mezzamine said:
Keane Ng said:
Arkham Asylum had undoubtedly stiff competition in this most vaunted of categories, having needed to best other notable superhero game masterpieces like Iron Man and Superman 64.
The sarcasm! It burns!
Ahhh...the good old days of Superman 64... http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35929.html

SaintWaldo

Interzone Vagabond
Jun 10, 2008
AA is basically every great 3rd person game from the past 2-3 years rolled into one, and made even more awesome because YOU ARE BATMAN. Assassin's Creed as Batman? Check. Splinter Cell as Batman? Yup. MGS4 as Batman? Oh baby, yes indeedy! There's even some LBP style platforming for a few moments here and there.

This game deserves the same level of acclaim for faithful adaptation that Christopher Nolan received for The Dark Knight. It got everything most important so right.

hansari

May 31, 2009
Talk about jumping the gun...Arkham Asylum as "greatest superhero game EVAR"!!

InFamous wasn't bad...

RemoteControlRox

Aug 24, 2009
Guinness World Records fail to impress me since the vast majority of them are more or less pointless. Including this one. An award for critical acclaim just seems silly. Like a "longest time spent standing on one's head" award. Or "biggest pie." Is there an award for critical acclaim of a movie franchise?

I do love the game, though. It's fun.

Bigeyez

Apr 26, 2009
In all seriousness, the record itself might be a tad ridiculous
Just sit down and read some of the records. The vast majority are pointless and ridculous. =p

Grats to them I guess...not that they had much competition but grats anyways.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
hansari said:
Talk about jumping the gun...Arkham Asylum as "greatest superhero game EVAR"!!

InFamous wasn't bad...
While Infamous is a superhero game I think people tend to associate Superman and Batman games as superheroes games more. Biggest reason is because they are more well known and have successful comics and movies made about them.

sirdanrhodes

Nov 7, 2007
I don't get all the praise, it's far from perfect. A metric ton of ragdoll glitches, awful hit detection, crap lip syncing. Even the gameplay is artificially lengthened by making you walk over Arkham Island.

It's still pretty good as a game though, 7/10. Does anyone agree this game needs patches fast?

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Nincompoop said:
Iron Man. Would anyone care to elaborate Lol!?

The Iron Man game I've played, was one released after the Iron Man movie. I do not recall the title, and it may be something different they are referring to on the thread, so please elaborate this for me. The Iron Man game I played, sucks monkey balls. It is one of THE worst games that has been made out of all the Movie-to-VideoGames out there.

kthxbye
Nincompoop, I'm not sure you and my friend have been properly introduced. This is my good chum Sarcasm.

G1eet

Mar 25, 2009
HardRockSamurai said:
It just goes to show that any franchise game can be good if enough effort is put into the game; I hope this news comes as a slap to the face to the people who made that new, god-awful Incredible Hulk game.
That's true, but the Wolverine movie tie-in I played wasn't half bad. Except its gameplay was like a direct clone of God of War, except replace the Swords of Athena with adamantium claws...of Hephaestus.

Doc Theta Sigma

Jan 5, 2009
sirdanrhodes said:
I don't get all the praise, it's far from perfect. A metric ton of ragdoll glitches, awful hit detection, crap lip syncing. Even the gameplay is artificially lengthened by making you walk over Arkham Island.

It's still pretty good as a game though, 7/10. Does anyone agree this game needs patches fast?
I've been playing it nonstop and I haven't found anything of the above you mentioned. The lip syncing, while not perfect, is something you barely notice unless you're nitpicking. And Arkham Island is fun to explore if you're doing all the Riddler challenges and trophies.

Nincompoop

May 24, 2009
SomeBritishDude said:
Nincompoop said:
Iron Man. Would anyone care to elaborate Lol!?

The Iron Man game I've played, was one released after the Iron Man movie. I do not recall the title, and it may be something different they are referring to on the thread, so please elaborate this for me. The Iron Man game I played, sucks monkey balls. It is one of THE worst games that has been made out of all the Movie-to-VideoGames out there.

kthxbye
Nincompoop, I'm not sure you and my friend have been properly introduced. This is my good chum Sarcasm.
I'm sure we have, but I'm not good with faces, so I often don't notice it's Sarcasm right away.

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
scifidownbeat said:
2012 Wont Happen said:
5 words:

those guys was bribed ya'll
Perhaps. Perhaps not.

It makes good business sense, though. Who wouldn't want to try out the "Most Acclaimed Superhero Game Ever?"
I wanted to buy it before, and still do.

So of course everyone else also wants it

Sneaky Paladin

Jan 21, 2009
=["Keane Ng" post="7.134475.3029714"]\ masterpieces \d Superman 64.
How can you use those 2 words in the same sentence? It worries me who's judging games there.

I think batman earned this title it immersed me in it enough that I had reason to collect all the collectibles for their stories.