Guise of the Wolf Dev Takes Down Negative YouTube Review - Update 2

Story

Note to self: Prooof reed posts
Sep 4, 2013
Delete his YouTube account or else you'll sue you say FUN?
Well, TB is going be busy with his lawyers for awhile it seems. It is a shame it boiled down to this.

webkilla

Feb 2, 2011
I... I replied earlier, but reading through the thread I saw the follow-up email where the morons demand that TB deletes his channel. Holy balls, have these people eaten something toxic? I mean, wow... that's epic levels of idiocy

O-Castitatis-Lilium

Nov 23, 2011
for them to have a system where steam has to take the game off their site and all that, they would have to give refunds to all the people that bought the game, and steam wouldn't do that.

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
deathbydeath said:
Um, Escapist? That video is not a review. TotalBiscuit is not a reviewer. His "WTF is ..." series is a first impressions video series that only captures less than the first hour of the game and does not give a final judgment on the entire product. Besides, the only time I've heard a TotalBiscuit WTF is video called a review outside of this thread was in a Steam community post by Fun Creator themselves, and as far as I can tell they aren't the kind of people you want to emulate. Do you get paid to so this?
I disagree. He takes a product, and offers his impressions of it. That is the essence of what a review is. A review doesn't have to have a "final score" or a "final judgement" to be a review, and you can't argue that he is not giving his opinion of the product.

Revolutionary

Pub Club Am Broken
May 30, 2009
Shouldn't asshole shitty devs know better than to screw with TB at this point.
Also shouldn't a PR email handler know that "Our Company is a lot bigger then your little youtube channel." is not only obnoxious, but also grammatically incorrect?
It's Than not then you goddamn morons.

oldtaku

Jan 7, 2011
If you would care to properly tag this game on Steam, you can do so at

http://store.steampowered.com/app/259640/

Top right, hit the little + just below 'Popular user-defined tags for this product:'

Caiphus

Social Office Corridor
Mar 31, 2010
Steven Bogos said:
I disagree. He takes a product, and offers his impressions of it. That is the essence of what a review is. A review doesn't have to have a "final score" or a "final judgement" to be a review, and you can't argue that he is not giving his opinion of the product.
Not to cherry pick, and I think that "review" is probably a better word to convey the purpose of TB's "WTF is.." videos to an outsider, but I have a feeling (although I may be incorrect) that TB himself takes umbrage with his WTF is... videos being called reviews. I believe he's of the opinion that one needs to play the entire game to review it, and therefore he doesn't like calling them reviews, since he doesn't play the entire game.

And I'd partially agree. They are closer to First Impressions or Let's Plays than reviews in some ways, even if he is being deeply critical of the games the entire time, and gives purchase recommendations at the end.

So yeah, whatever. I personally don't think it reeeeeally matters what you call them. They all serve roughly the same purpose: To inform the viewer of the quality of the game in question. But there you go.

OT: It's amazing how incompetent this company is. Just truly. Incompetent, rude and dangerously close to fraudulent (although the Steam page for the game does falsely advertise; there is no stealth system in the game.) I almost can't believe that those e-mails are truly theirs, such is the level of stupidity. I suppose there's no chance that some anonymous third party is playing both sides by creating a fake e-mail account? I mean. What the hell.

OuendanCyrus

Jun 16, 2010
This is absolutely fucking gold. Can't wait to see TB absolutely crush the devs in court, they deserve it.

Kmadden2004

Feb 13, 2010
deathbydeath said:
Um, Escapist? That video is not a review. TotalBiscuit is not a reviewer. His "WTF is ..." series is a first impressions video series that only captures less than the first hour of the game and does not give a final judgment on the entire product. Besides, the only time I've heard a TotalBiscuit WTF is video called a review outside of this thread was in a Steam community post by Fun Creator themselves, and as far as I can tell they aren't the kind of people you want to emulate. Do you get paid to so this?
His videos still fall within the definition of "comment and critique", which is covered by fair use.

On the other hand, if FUN Creator have publicly acknowledged that TB's video was a review, then they've just gone and killed their chances in court (should they wish to take it that far) since they're basically flat-out admitting that they're launching a copyright suit against an article that's protected under the law and are wasting the court's time...

EndlessSporadic

May 20, 2009
At this point it doesn't matter if they win or lose in court. By attacking TB, a very prominent figure on the internet, this company is turning the entire internet, their entire user base, against them. There is absolutely no winning this one. Their attitude is also extraordinarily unprofessional.

Here are some thoughts.

1) Their attitude suggests they are kids.
2) They only have a single game. They call themselves bigger than TB whose videos can get upwards of 2 million views per video.
3) Their website was created using a Microsoft Office template.
4) They are offering services on their website (http://www.fun-creators.com/services.html) even when they don't apply them to their own game.
5) Assuming all of the above they don't have the resources to outsource and their distribution model reinforces that. They don't have the resources to sue.

With all that I have said, if TB decides to sue first, these kiddies will never have a penny for the rest of their lives. The fact that they asked TB to delete his entire channel is extremely laughable.

ron1n

Jan 28, 2013
Who the fuck writes emails like that? Honestly, what kind of professional company, in any field, would send emails like that?

'close your channel 'we are a big company with lawyers' ....WHAT? LOL

I'd actually consider this whole thing to be a giant troll of some kind, if not for the 'game' they released which is actually horrible on such a scale that I'm inclined to believe these devs might be for real, although they are probably teenagers.

I do find it suspect though that they are going after TB of all people. Have there been any other reported strikes on other channels? Because this thing was panned across the board, why single out TB? It's looking to be some misguided attempt at getting publicity for a game that has already failed. Not like they have much to lose. I mean, their fate was already sealed when they released that joke of a 'game'.

The real story here is how disgustingly easy it is for complete idiots (and these people are complete idiots, trolling or not) to disrupt huge channels so easily with zero repercussions.

I just feel sorry for all the smaller content creators out there who are getting bullied and have no avenue to defend themselves. Not to mention how many people may be discouraged from even trying to start a channel in the first place.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
If your going to pull EA level bullshit, you should probably have EA level money. Goodbye Maker Studios, I have a feeling that you won't be here very long.

CaptainMarvelous

May 9, 2012
I am somewhat baffled by the last part of that 'Final Warning'. "Don't bother retweeting this as we will say it's fake and sue you" so now, if they do claim it's fake and sue him, he has written fucking evidence that is isn't as they do exactly what they said they would. Seriously, the hell?

Karadalis

Apr 26, 2011
ron1n said:
Who the fuck writes emails like that? Honestly, what kind of professional company, in any field, would send emails like that?

'close your channel 'we are a big company with lawyers' ....WHAT? LOL

I'd actually consider this whole thing to be a giant troll of some kind, if not for the 'game' they released which is actually horrible on such a scale that I'm inclined to believe these devs might be for real, although they are probably teenagers.

I do find it suspect though that they are going after TB of all people. Have there been any other reported strikes on other channels? Because this thing was panned across the board, why single out TB? It's looking to be some misguided attempt at getting publicity for a game that has already failed. Not like they have much to lose. I mean, their fate was already sealed when they released that joke of a 'game'.

The real story here is how disgustingly easy it is for complete idiots (and these people are complete idiots, trolling or not) to disrupt huge channels so easily with zero repercussions.

I just feel sorry for all the smaller content creators out there who are getting bullied and have no avenue to defend themselves. Not to mention how many people may be discouraged from even trying to start a channel in the first place.
From the quality of their game I would say they are anything but professional.

See with these Steam greenlight shovelware garbage games all you need is a PC or two and a basic understanding on how to make something that might resemble a game, put it on steam greenlight and lean back.

You dont need to be "professional" as in having an actual economics background, your own office space or a real company structure... you can do all that from your apartment and have your girlfriend lash out at anyone who critizes you.

Atleast i think its his girlfriend... would explain the total lack of common business sense and not understanding just what a colossal fuckup that jasmine just produced. (nothing to do with the gender just incase theres a social justice warrior around and more to do with making your significant other someone of importance in your little startup company even thought said significant other has no idea what end of the gun the bullet comes out so to speak)

Vukith

Oct 6, 2013
Fox12 said:
If your going to pull EA level bullshit, you should probably have EA level money. Goodbye Maker Studios, I have a feeling that you won't be here very long.
Not quite sure why your saying goodbye maker studios. Maker studios owns polaris (the channel network Tb is part of) If anything it will be their lawyers suing FunCreators the Makers of the the guise of the wolf game.

Dr.Awkward

Mar 27, 2013
Funny thing is, John Bain (TB) went to law school. If Fun Creators thinks that threatening lawyer shenanigans is going to scare him into giving in, they are going to get a rude awakening. They are better off accepting that they made a very poor game, and that it's better to learn from your failures and move on to a better-planned project.

s_h_a_d_o

Mr Propellerhead
Jun 15, 2010
This situation is fast approaching Lynchian levels of surreality.

For anyone interested, an [alleged] interview with one of those responsible for this 'game' can be found here [http://egmr.net/2013/02/interview-fun-creators-on-their-unique-werewolf-game-guise-of-the-wolf/].

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
Revolutionary said:
Shouldn't asshole shitty devs know better than to screw with TB at this point.
Also shouldn't a PR email handler know that "Our Company is a lot bigger then your little youtube channel." is not only obnoxious, but also grammatically incorrect?
It's Than not then you goddamn morons.
It also sounds exactly like the fight Ocean Marketing had with penny arcade, and that turned out so well for them.

I have a feeling within a week Merge games will drop them and this game will be lost to the dark recesses of the internet.