Guitar Hero: Rock Opera

The Inquisitive Mug

Jul 11, 2008
42forlife said:
Wow, I had the same concept idea when I found out about brutal legend.

Cept the hero was a guitarist who believed he was the new Jimi Hendrix and was struck down for his arrogance and brought to rock heaven where he would battle his way to prove his stuff.

In the end he would die and be sent to Emo Hell to become their king, bring them Rock n Roll, and wage war against the Rock Titans in the sequel.

But agree with the guitar controller is a nice dust collector. I'm getting tired of the classic Guitar Hero set up.
Is it just me, or does that sound remarkably similar to how God of War went?

Rect Pola

May 19, 2009
Truly, sir,
You are a pillar of brilliance we should be carving images of into everything in sight.

Bizarre_Chicken

Dec 30, 2007
Get to Double Fine, get job working for / with Tim Schafer. Between your genius and his, you'd obliterate every other game developer, ever. :D

Gaiacarra

Oct 7, 2009
I like the idea of mixing Guitar Hero with more standard gameplay. I really think (and this is most of the reason why Brutal Legend turned me off from the start) that a fantasy world would be a bit tacky, but I'd love to play something kind of like this where you start out in London in the swinging sixties as some kid with a new guitar, and then rise to prominence in a tale spanning multiple time periods and locations. That would be bad ass.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Haha, so basically brutal legend with a guitar controller? I think its funny how you dont like quick time events when, if you think about it, all the guitar hero games basically are quicktime events. alot of quickies.

iron codpiece

Mar 17, 2009
this is what I thought BL was going to be when I first heard about it.
Other than driving with the guitar I think it sounds pretty fun. Killing things with the power of rock.

Jordrake

Nov 7, 2009
Why, Yahtzee, you alienating yet charismatic man-child, that's brilliant. If this game doesn't get made, the people behind Rock Band and Guitar Hero will recieve sternly worded emails.

Arbitrary Cidin

Apr 16, 2009
This sounds awesome! That's actually what I THOUGHT Guitar Hero was when I asked for it at age 12, only to find that it was finger DDR. Obviously, that was my first lesson in not buying a game that you haven't seen gameplay footage of.

Jonwolf

Apr 15, 2009
I do not own any Guitar Hero/Rock Band equipment, and I do not plan to ever buy one of their standard titles. But, this type of game would make me spring for it in a heartbeat.

Awesomeness

Aug 8, 2009
Great idead, but pointless. GH and RB and are stupid games for talentless fools who wish they could play music (though i think you do make that point in your video).

I much prefer to acctually play the song rather than smash a few random buttons that somehow make different notes.

And nice joke bout drummers, I probably should take offense from it, but I guess that's the bassist part of me.

WlknCntrdiction

May 8, 2008
I love that idea. Someone should make that game:)
I'd definately play it, even though I suck at playing Guitar Hero lol.

rosevictoria

Sep 7, 2009
Don't give the game makers ideas, Yahtzee... they tend to shit on everything. Just the memory of what they did to Charley and the Chocolate Factory makes me shudder.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
I AM TYPING IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE THIS IS AN EMERGENCY!

YOUR VALUED EMPLOYEE BEN "YAHTZEE" CROWSHAW IS OBVIOUSLY FEVERISH AND DELUSIONAL!!! HE HAS SUGGESTED MAKING AN ENTIRE GAME OUT OF WHAT AMOUNTS TO GUITAR HERO BASED QUICKTIME EVENTS!!!

AS THE GOLDEN GOOSE WHO SUPPORTS THE ESCAPIST, YOU SHOULD GO MAKE SURE HE'S WELL. IF HIS BRAIN IS BEING HELD PRISONER ON PLUTO BY ALIENS, PAY THE RANSOM! PLEASE! WE NEED ZERO PUNCTUATION EVERY WEEK TO AVOID HORRID AND POTENTIALLY LETHAL WITHDRAWAL... NOT THAT WE'RE ADDICTS OR ANYTHING!!!

Hopefully that will get attention. Don't worry Yahtzee, I suspect paramedics are on their way right now. If not I'm sure the management on The Escapist will be sending someone with the ransom. I hear the natives of Pluto highly value those old weeble-wobble toys from the 1960s.

Besides I can't write a message in all caps non-stop, I just don't have it in me. :p