Guys (or girls I guess): How would you react to this?

CyprisVeil

Jan 20, 2011
Giving my track record , I'd probably punch her in the face. Figuratively. I'd probably be weirded out and never talk to her again while feeling a bit egotistical because of my own awesomeness.

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
I'd probably be weirded out. I don't find any of my friends attractive, because they are just that, friends, and nothing else. I'm not homophobic in any way, but I'm not even remotely interested in men, not even with "healthy curiosity", so to speak.

DonMartin

Apr 2, 2010
theemporer said:
Since I'm gay, I would probably go out with them. Chances for relationships that are more than sex are few and far between for us.

Edit: The final statement was in relation to us being friends.
I hope I dont sound like an insensitive prick for asking this, but I kind of want to know, now that you mention it. Is it really easier for homosexuals to get laid? I realize that gays are a minority, but you often get the impression from the media and stories you hear (both completely reliable sources, indeed.) that homosexuals are far more open with their sexuality, so to speak?

I've always sort of thought that impression was just a result of the media, but now that you say it's easier to have sex than a relationship, I got kind of curious. Is there any truth in this at all?

bad rider

The prodigal son of a goat boy
Dec 23, 2007
Oh yay, I can quote mine myself. I should make a book....

bad rider said:
It comes under man rules, section 13 paragraph B of the domestic bylaws.
I quote:
"If the first party is placed into a situation, event or activity, whereby they incur an unreasonable amount of doubt, anxiety or confusion, the first party must diffuse the situation.

This diffusion must consist either of:
A) a complete context change, such as but not limited to "hey look over there, its a pink elephant!"

B) the false forget, such as but not limited to "what were we talking about?"

C) the window smash, such as but not limited to, exiting via the nearest exit, whether it be a window, door, or opening the emergency exit on a plane during mid flight.

D) any other exit that thus avoids the situation, such as but not limited to, setting fire to things."

Malrock

Dec 18, 2010
I would feel awkward for them at the time because I would not return the feelings, but I would not let it affect my relationship with them, on my part anyway.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I'd do what I normally do.

Not know what to say, say nothing for quite a while which would create an awkward silence thus making the guy feel really uncomfortable, and that leads to him thinking he did something wrong. Eventually, I really do mean that, I'd tell him I'm flattered and I don't know what to think or do, and see what happens from there after talking about it for a while.

Oh how being social awkward can make things go horribly wrong. FUN!!

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Well... I've been through this situation more than a few times within the last few months alone.

Probably didn't handle it the best of ways, but being bisexual/omnisexual prevents you from having a decent excuse other than "I have a girlfriend" >.>
That... still didn't go over well but at least it's somewhat blown over.

In the sense that they all pretty much hate me now and I don't see them anymore >.>f

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Turn them down gently.

I got a non too subtle hint of my friend walking up to me while I was changing in the gym changing room and cup my lower private area and say hey in a sexy way. I'll admit, threw me off a bit, but then I realized it was John, and said you know I dont swing that way, though I'm flattered. You'll find someone, just keep looking.

... he still dotes after me like a lost puppy though. But he does know its not happening and chooses to (and my other friends). Especially after an incident withthe WBC.

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011
I'd be confused, but then be cool with it, hell i have a bit of a crush on my best friend as it is so it would work out way to well....

Thespian

Sep 11, 2010
I honestly don't know, but I'm glad this thread exists. I'm most likely going to be on the confessing end of this situation very soon, so... Good to hear what people think.

ReaperzXIII

Jan 3, 2010
Punch em in the balls then say "Yeah thats what you just told me did to my brain, now you're gonna forget that feeling and I'm gonna forget you ever said that as well as I can"

It's part of my code Bros before hoes, but bro on bro is a no no and if the hoes is REALLY fine, well just understand I need to get mine.

Or I'll do what I did last time a girl I didn't like that way tried asking me out, say "Urm..." until my best friend breaks off the convo by butting in.

Cheery Lunatic

Aug 18, 2009
Immediately feel awkward and start laughing/cracking jokes and try to change the subject.

I'd be flattered I guess, but when someone is as blunt as "I wanted to fuck you" I'd just get really weirded out, no matter who says that to me. Tact is a wonderful thing to have, guys.

Knusper

Sep 10, 2010
I'd be flattered but I would politely say no. Wouldn't be too bad - you get a free hug dispenser.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
similar.squirrel said:
I'd be flattered and slightly annoyed that I wasn't gay, I guess.
Knowing how awesome my friends are I would be massively disappointed I'm not gay. Or even bi. Fuck I wish I was gay. Boys are so much more fun :<

Farseer Lolotea

Mar 11, 2010
Been there, done that, have the T-shirt.

On top of everything else, it turns out I'm not even as completely straight as I thought I was at the time. She just wasn't my type. (Too neurotic, for one.)

Unesh52

May 27, 2010
kman123 said:
I'll be flattered, maybe a little curious.
This. Especially if he was cute. None of my friends really are though... hairy bastards. But ultimately that'll just have to remain a curiosity. I'm very much dedicated to my girl.

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
Frankly, I'd take it as a compliment. It would be a little awkward, but at least I'm charming.

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
Happened to me. My immediate response was "and the award for futile efforts go to.., seriously do you feel better having confessed?" He said no, I called him a queen and things went on as usual.

Another time, a girl a grade level below me confessed to me that she loved me. I liked her but had to explain to her that I'm never going to have a relationship with someone I'm not physically attracted to, no matter how much I may like them as a person.

On the other side of things I've only ever managed to confess my feelings to women who, unbeknown to me at the time, already had boyfriends. How fucking hard is it to tell the guy your FLIRTING with and HANGING on that your already seeing someone?

My most agonizing confession goes to my friend Sarah, she is the kindest, hottest, nerdy lesbian you'll ever find. We met about 2 months into college, when she called me out on staring at her and her GF, at the time, making out in a park. We ended up hanging out daily for over 3 years till she graduated and moved back home. She basically felt for me the same way I felt for my underclassmen, she probably loves me as much as I do her but she will never be attracted to me.

It's heart wrenching, and more than a little frustrating, to know the woman of your dreams and know that she'll never, under any circumstances, will ever want to fuck you.

icame

Aug 4, 2010
I'd just tell them that I am not gay, and try to keep the friendship going without things getting weird.