Guys (or girls I guess): How would you react to this?

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I'd probably stare at them blankly for several minutes trying to determine if they're serious or not, before replying that I'm deeply flattered, but don't swing that way.

Th37thTrump3t

Nov 12, 2009
Well... I guess the first thing I would do is congratulate him for having the balls to come out of the closet in a community that is strictly anti-gay, (Not saying I am, it's just the viewpoint most people have around here. I personally don't give a rats ass what your sexual preference is.) then I would politely tell him that I am strictly straight, and even if I were gay I doubt it would work because we would probably be too close of friends for it not to be a bit weird anyways.

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
kman123 said:
I'll be flattered, maybe a little curious.

But in the end, we'll be too close of friends to let that go anywhere without it being super weird.
yeah, it would have to be this. i would be flattered that someone finds me that attractive, but the bad news is i am heterosexual, and even if i was not, unless the feeling was mutual i would probably try (and fail) to explain o do not feel the same way without hurting the person too much.

viking97

Jan 23, 2010
i'd be suprised, and politely let him know that i'm not into guys, but i still like him and hope he doesn't take it personally. i wouldn't tell anyone.

PS this is if he was a good friend. if i didn't like him i'd be like fuck off and tell everyone i know.

gamerguyal

Jun 24, 2010
After getting over the surprise of him coming out, I'd assure him that I'm only interested in women, and I'd try to forget about it without completely disregarding his feelings.

Android2137

Feb 2, 2010
Back away... slowly... Doesn't matter which gender the confessor is. I'm not ready for romance right now. As much as I like romance in movies, books, and games, I'm too scared to dive into that kind of relationship.

Criquefreak

Mar 19, 2010
Laughing hysterically for about a minute, realizing they're serious, then asking them to seek therapy because no sane person has or will ever find me attractive.

Huh, didn't think there'd be someone else with a similar answer. I guess by statistics I'm not alone in the outliers.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
I would say "sorry buddy but I'm straight." And that would be the end of that.

Now if this friend was a woman...

varulfic

Jul 12, 2008
I can't know for sure, having never been in that situation. Educated guess? I'd feel uncomfortable. Very much so.

Daverson

Nov 17, 2009
I supposed I'd be flattered, but, well... I want to have this understanding with homosexuals, I'll respect their sexuality, but in return, I'd quite like it if they respect mine.

I mean, you wouldn't go up to a lesbian and say "look, I know you're into girls and that, but if you want to fuck, that'd by fine by me". It'd just wouldn't be polite.

Who are we kidding though? Calling me attractive would be like calling cigarettes healthy! Though I will admit to actually doing that once. I was drunk at the time.