Guys: Would you date / marry a powerful woman?

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Well, so long as I'm able to pick back at her when she picks at me, everything'd be dandy.

And since that means she's workin, I can get an easy job and be home in time to prepare my pranks dinner!

Dan Steele

Jul 30, 2010
Only if she is kind and respectful, in that case dominate away. However I don't believe in marriage(PM me for explanation, no I am not one of those 1 night stand asstards). A dominating girlfriend yes

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Nope i wouldn't do it. Ever, Me and any woman must be on equal footing , or else it won't work. Plus power get's to peoples head, especially women. Especially women because, most poweful people are men , so when a woman get's power well it get's to their head.

MorganL4

Person
May 1, 2008
I actually plan on marrying a woman more intelligent than myself. Whether or not she is more successful than me..... Meh take it or leave it, I know what I want to do with my life, I know what station I want to achieve.... and anything above that is simply gravy.

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
If I were going to date or marry, why would someone's power or lack thereof affect my decision? No, my pride is not hurt by them having a greater status than me, no I don't feel better about having more status than them.

Biosophilogical

Jul 8, 2009
If I was to date/marry someone, I'd want it to be about an equal relationship, romantically speaking. It wouldn't matter to me who made more money, or who was/wasn't famous. But on that note, if that social-superiority starts to leak into the relationship, we would have some problems. Likewise, I couldn't stand it if my theoretical partner was on the other end of the spectrum, always relying on me for every little thing, unable to be assertive or determined.

Call me *relative temporal term* fashioned, but if I ever enter a relationship, I want us to be equal participants.

SidingWithTheEnemy

Sep 29, 2011
Well, sure.
It might be difficult to have an even greater personality than myself (and impossible to have a greater ego) but I would be happy if my wife earns more money than me, gets more attention than me and has bigger b**bs than me. (the latter is also very important for my self-esteem)

I really want her to be much more intelligent than me. But she has to be so intelligent to let me convincingly believe that I'm the smarter one. It's easy as that...

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
b3nn3tt said:
To be honest, I think it's just an excuse that those particular women use when they can't find a partner. It's the equivalent of those guys that moan about the 'friend zone'; in both cases it's actually just that the members of the opposite sex that they are attracted to don't reciprocate those feelings and people feel the need to try and justify this to themselves.

To answer your question, it wouldn't bother me at all.
well said, well said indeed

Powereaver

Apr 25, 2010
sure i could date/marry a powerful woman i find most of those "powerful" women tho are only powerful outside the house they usually swap to opposite while at home tho which is a good thing means u get yin and yang! :D

Shadow flame master

Jul 1, 2011
I would go out with her but one would wonder why she would go for me. I mean, if you were to look at me, you would see that I'm a pretty decent 17 year old, nice and all that jazz, but I have a slight temper at times. So with me being the boyfriend of a powerful celebrity/company owner, I would every now-and-then think that I'm not good enough for her. But since she picked me out of ALL the other guys in the world, I should belive that she loves me for something about me, and I'll love her for that.

As for the media and publicity people, if they start stalking me for more information on my girlfriend, then I will have to get physical with them. Also, if they get in my house, I'll teach them that the millitary and CIA's tourture methods are a walk in the park compared to what I can come up with.

Chezza

Feb 17, 2010
I think the words submissive and dominate too strong for describing the individual success of a happy couple, in my opinion.

That would affect my mates more than I but honestly in theory I believe being the "submissive" one in a relationship is acceptable. However if I do feel that I am dependent and have much more to lose than her, for example if anything goes wrong (as in losing a keeper, losing a potential future successful partner that's rare to come by, being looked as the one missing out by family/friends if we break up) or simply getting the reputation of being an unequal, therefore a toyboy then I will itch. I know I will be ok in the more passive position if need be but I would probably retaliate and enforce some sort of dominance if I felt I was being pushed around without a damn good reason. After all, I am a stubborn bastard.

I suppose yes, to some degree it would bother me but if I truly feel strong about my partner then I couldn't give 2 sh#%s.

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
Hey if she loved me, I'd be there for her. She deserves all the success she can achieve and that she has everything and still chooses me would both humble and empower me well above petty jealousy.

ShamusEricks

Aug 20, 2010
To add my answer to the already heaping pile:

I wouldn't mind at all. In fact, that's one of the first things I look for in a woman. The fact is, I am a very confident person, and that often intimidates people, especially women. While this has its benefits, it can be rare to find someone who exemplifies a real strength of self and confidence. For whatever reason, it just makes the woman more attractive to me, it tells me that, because she has reason to believe in her self, I probably should too.

To sum up: Strength and Confidence are sexy.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Question: Does it mean I get to be a stay at home dad? Because if so, where do I sign up? I really hate the standard 9 to 5 work environment, and I love kids (I mean, my current career path will have me as a teacher at some point in the next couple of years, assuming I don't fail any more classes), so I would actually be quite happy as a house husband. Not that I'm some submissive wimp, but I've got strong nurturing instincts, am good with kids, and like I said, don't especially like working outside the home. I can't think of a better matched career path for me than "house husband."

Zarkov

Mar 26, 2010
NinjaDeathSlap said:
Well I don't think I'd be too thrilled for example if I was pushed out of the way by paparazzi while walking with my girlfriend just so they could get a picture of her, but I like to think I could deal with it if she meant enough to me to be my girlfriend in the first place.
It's basically akin to the traditional "nuclear" family setup where the man in the family has the power. And when you disrupt this stereotype, "controversy" unfolds.

Anyway, I wouldn't want either of us in the relationship to be too famous or have a shitload of power because generally that puts stress on a relationship.
Now, it doesn't matter who makes more money, but what does matter is how much one makes.

Reishadowen

Mar 18, 2011
Well, I'm not sure what you mean by "been to uni", though I assume "university".

I might feel a bit uncomfortable in the last situation if she liked to rub it in.
"How about an intelligent girlfriend who has been to uni, obtained several masters degrees and simply puts you to shame when she speaks, again, how would you feel?"
Though I think if I had had assurances that she never meant any ill-will, I'd manage it.

Overall, I'm not exactly a "Macho man" who would be too hurt to think about accepting this situation. Although, with a powerful woman scenario, the hardest part would be the introduction. If it was already established that she was interested, even --and especially-- if it mean being inferior/subordinate to her, that would be the hardest part out of the way right there(in which case, hell yes. Not about to let pride get in the way of a relationship). Otherwise, she might be unapproachable, and the scenario not able to take place, as no one willing to be considered the underdog would have the guts to approach her without external intervention.