Hackers Deface The Wrong Site

evilneko

Fall in line!
Jun 16, 2011
DVS BSTrD said:
RaNDM G said:
Grey Carter said:
As is usual with these kinds of attacks, the site was restored fairly quickly, but the mistake has caused much mirth amongst Japanese image board users, most of which are asking what it is exactly that Anonymous has against the nation's rivers and lakes.
Clearly, the Japanese have never played Oregon Trail.
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those pioneers."
I thought what I'd do was, pretend I saw what you did there.

....nah.

GonvilleBromhead

Dec 19, 2010
Except it won't achieve anything, and may instead be rather counter productive - do you know of any government that has given in to the demands of foreign criminals? Exactly; if anything it makes them less likely to do what is demanded.

If they wanted to do something, there are plenty of legal things that could be done, all of which would be more effective. Seeing a large segment of the voters on the streets peacefully protesting is significantly more likely to influence the passing of law.

Thedutchjelle

Mar 31, 2009
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
All the hate for some of the few people that not only want to see internet rights maintained, but actually do something. It might not do a lot of physical good, but it draws attention, something that was badly needed considering the rest of the world heard nothing about this law passing in Japan till it happened.

For everyone complaining, what are you doing to stop bills like this besides sitting behind a computer monitor and complaining? A failed effort means more than no effort at all.
Hijacking other people their websites is not the proper way to do it. There are proper, legal ways to show your discontent in most countries. Vote on the opposing political parties. Form a public protest. Anything but this.

Gabanuka

Oct 1, 2009
Wow they even got thier own motto wrong.

"We ARE Legion" not "We are A Legion". I still find it odd they use a Bible quote but whatever

My guess is its either someone pretending to be Anonymous or a moron

godfist88

Dec 17, 2010
Gabanuka said:
Wow they even got thier own motto wrong.

"We ARE Legion" not "We are A Legion". I still find it odd they use a Bible quote but whatever

My guess is its either someone pretending to be Anonymous or a moron
maybe both.

OT: on a serious note, what is up with japan lately? I thought they were lax when it came to copyright. does the word doujinshi ring a bell with anyone?

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
AC10 said:
How unfortunate a mistake :p

A shame they didn't post the text in Japanese though; I figured they would have some sort of Japanese person supporting them.
It perfectly demonstrates the casual ignorance of the people involved in anonymous. They're willing to weigh in on an issue and throw their weight around, but can't even get the right website or find an adequate translator.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Buretsu said:
Is it over? Can we stop taking these idiots seriously now?
What are you doing to stop bills like this exactly? At least they're trying.
Should we be able to? Are we Japanese?

As with the SOPA protests, I can't do a damn thing and my signature means less than nothing. I am a European who has no say in what the American people want, and you are probably not Japanese, so you get no say in what the Japanese people want. If you are determined to help, assist the Japanese in arguing their own case - don't try to do it for them.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
Buretsu said:
Is it over? Can we stop taking these idiots seriously now?
What are you doing to stop bills like this exactly? At least they're trying.
They should stop trying, it's not helping.

All these attacks do is give governments something to point at and say "Here, look, this is why we're doing it!"

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
Dr_Fred said:
How can one manage to fail at impersonating anonymous ? Not wanting to start that old debate again, but isn't their slogan supposed to be "We are legion." - as in the famous quote - instead of "We are a legion" - as in : never seen that before ?
This is apart of Anon that hacked a water management office website.
I don't think they're the sharpest tools in the shed.

Nenad

Mar 16, 2009
actually belonged to the Kasumigaura river management office, a government body in the Kanto reigion that deals primarily with flood control and water management.
Is this the Japanese influence on English language? *giggle*

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Is it sad that I only know what the Kanto region is because I watch anime?