Half of Japanese Females Think Virtual Girlfriends Are Superior

Jack_Uzi

Mar 18, 2009
It's very sad to read these kind of things. But it's not only in Japan where you see people everywhere mirroring or comparing themselves and others to what is shown as 'perfection'.
It's not so strange, we live in an eara where our optical sences must and wil be stimulated to the max. The more eye candy we see, the more we want it and the more we will use it, whatever it may be. It's shown as good and the way to be, and soon all will follow.

Torque669

Apr 21, 2009
I wonder if the people think the women die when the DS Runs out of power ...

Rarhnor said:
It's gonna be easy to pick up chicks in Japan, if that's the case. Who's with me? We'll take 'em all!
Im in.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
That's interesting. Personally, I can see how attraction to a video game girlfriend could be all right (it's part of the point of the game, after all), and a sign the game is doing its job, but women are actually worried that the guys can't distinguish between games and reality?

Wait, does this mean Chobits is turning into a documentary?

Timotei said:
So wait? Real women are now finding it difficult to compete with virtual women? Wouldn't the obvious choice for any man be to pick female a companion that doesn't disintegrate whenever a power supply is cut off?
I figured the obvious choice would be the one with "hands-off" application, wink wink nudge nudge say no more.

bjj hero said:
Only in Japan. I just cannot grasp the appeal in these titles. Must be a cultural thing. I know some women can feel inferior when looking at airbrushed models but virtual girlfriends? Really?
The virtual girlfriends make more sense to me. You don't usually hear the airbrushed models talk, or commiserate with them.

elricik

Nov 1, 2008
Of course virtual women are superior. If you want them to shut the hell up all you've got to do is flip a switch, real women can't compete with that.

hudsonzero

what I thought I'd do was,
Aug 4, 2009
hang on dose this mean there are lots of Japanese "females" who can't get a date
*grabs plane ticket*

Apr 28, 2008
Um... ok?

Whatever floats your boat I guess...
And on the bright side, us sorry, lonely, desperate losers now have a shot!

Johnnyallstar said:
Guys guys guys. Lets make a trip. Everybody get to LAX and we'll share a plane to Tokyo and then comfort the crying masses of girls who just can't compete.
I'm in. Just need to learn Japanese...

DarkHourPrince

May 12, 2010
RelexCryo said:
?The girl in a game can?t offer the human warmth a real woman can.?
Who am I supposed to cuddle up with in the middle of winter with? My DS? That's just creepy. Sure my girlfriend and I have our differences but that's ridiculous, that's part of being human. There is no such thing as "perfection", even the video games girls are imperfect by, well, being virtual?

Rarhnor

Jun 2, 2010
Irridium said:
Um... ok?
Johnnyallstar said:
Guys guys guys. Lets make a trip. Everybody get to LAX and we'll share a plane to Tokyo and then comfort the crying masses of girls who just can't compete.
I'm in. Just need to learn Japanese...
With this insecurity issue? please...
All we have to do, give the little cutesy a flower or two, do some hip-thrusts, a mild smile, and BAM! They lived happy ever after...

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
Seeing as vayjay-in-a-can is sold over there, I suppose they have some cause for concern. So should the rest of the world.

Azhrarn-101

Jul 15, 2008
The Hairminator said:
But what about procreation!? The Japanese as a race will die out, then who's culture will we steal?! D:
Japan already has one of the lowest birth-rates per head of the population as it is, give them a century or two and the entire culture will die of old age.

As for the article itself, is that self-esteem shortage a cultural phenomenon? Because I doubt there would be many men who'd choose a digital avatar over a real female, regardless of how perfect the digital version would be.

fluffybunny937

Jul 5, 2009
As an American sometimes I think we are screwed up and then I hear something like this and I don't feel as bad. Also this is great news for all of us dateless men.