Half of Japanese Females Think Virtual Girlfriends Are Superior

Alarid

Jan 15, 2009
bjj hero said:
Only in Japan. I just cannot grasp the appeal in these titles. Must be a cultural thing. I know some women can feel inferior when looking at airbrushed models but virtual girlfriends? Really?
It isn't as far fetched as you might think. Look at any given ad, or a picture of the "ideal" girl, and with a little research you will find that they aren't as real as they seem. Half of them are digitally enhanced. It isn't hard to stretch from that starting point to fooling people with completely farbricated images.

William Dickbringer

Feb 16, 2010
Mikester1290 said:
"This is why the Japanese are trying so hard to make robots, they need something else to have sex with now. But wait... I think there's a threat here.

What will happen once these Japanese men MATE with their robotic wives?? Imagine the horror of a half human half machine offspring. This is the new flesh! Clearly this is just a maniacal scheme to create a superior race of cybernetic and emotionally stunted supermen! Soon these robot nerds will crawl out of their parents basement and begin their slow conquest of the world! ALL FEAR JAPAN!!"

YEP, anyone watched the new Battlestar Galactica, check out them Cylons, daaaayyyum! I'd like one, (If they weren't evil mega psycho bitches, but we could patch that out)
why worry until one of these pop out I won't worry

O.T. *sigh* and just when I thought japan couldn't surprise me anymore

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
I humbly volunteer to go the the nation of the rising sun and pity fuck the lot of them.

Ladies of Japan, hold tight, i'll be there soon.

In all honesty, Japanese men have no self esteem so they don't even try to get real girls. As such real girls are left alone to degenerate into self loathing monsters.

Edhiko

Jul 22, 2010
Woot Im going to Japan, Ladies the Latin Love Machine is here to compensate for the lack of man and set you in the rite path of love, and make those virtual girls wish they were real.

The3rdEye

Mar 19, 2009
How is this thread still going?

The original "survey" had fewer people involved in it than this thread discussing it. And from the looks of it:

Whereas-
A survey of 300 women = Half of Japanese Females Think Virtual Girlfriends Are Superior

Therefore
A thread of 435 people = 85% of those involved with the Escapist are stricken with self esteem issues, delusions of competence regarding the opposite sex and/or have an unproven "knowledge" of Japan.

mega48man

Mar 12, 2009
they should come to america! :D and if they're not hot, then stay there and get a virtual boyfriend!

Donald L

May 31, 2009
TiefBlau said:
You people seem to fail to grasp the concept that if so many people are resorting to virtual girlfriends, then the real-life women probably aren't exactly throwing themselves at them in the first place. A bit of a Catch-22:

Chicks shun guys.
Guys go play dating games.
Guys get unreasonably high standards from virtual chicks.
Guys shun chicks.
Chicks further repelled.
Exactly.

Nice to see another Dr. Robotnik.

GideonB

Jul 26, 2008
Donald L said:
TiefBlau said:
You people seem to fail to grasp the concept that if so many people are resorting to virtual girlfriends, then the real-life women probably aren't exactly throwing themselves at them in the first place. A bit of a Catch-22:

Chicks shun guys.
Guys go play dating games.
Guys get unreasonably high standards from virtual chicks.
Guys shun chicks.
Chicks further repelled.
Exactly.

Nice to see another Dr. Robotnik.
Well then, that's crazy.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
ImprovizoR said:
Yup, that's Japan for you. When I was in Tokyo in 2007 I couldn't believe how technology dependent they are (young people mostly). It's like a whole country full of Apple fans, except they buy all kind of technological stuff for no reason whatsoever. Crazy nation I tell ya, but I love 'em.
that sums up my feelings for Japan.

Akalistos

Apr 23, 2010
Tom Goldman said:
Half of Japanese Females Think Virtual Girlfriends Are Superior
I'll know i'll get a warning out of this, and yet, it must be said. WOMEN, you got a vagina, and while you may thing i'm being childish, SEX is a NEED. Men and Women need sex... maybe man need it more or it's easier to scratch the itch when your a women but still. Some of those guy (japan is known for being shy and that culture is poring in everywhere) found easier to court a machine with a trained response then an actual female. Let's take a Fallout 3 example. You meet a women and you can say:

- [Lady Killer] Hey gorgeous! I have a lots of free time. Let's meet for a drink.
- Hey! How are you today. It's pretty nice outside, don't you think.
- You are hot. Let's hit the sack.
- *punch her out and drag her*

In videogame, it would be almost retarded not to get that but it's far from being that simple in real life. Help them out and Love + and the like will buried right next to the Atari's E.T.

kakaomasse

Jan 27, 2010
i would have though women in today's Japan are more confident than that....i wanna kick those guys in the shins.