Halo 1 HD remake?

Dr. Feelgood

Jul 13, 2010
Heck yes. The little bit they showed looked awesome, and I'm pretty sure that was just an alpha build. It looks like they have a lot of the game already done, but it needs polish like Hell needs an air conditioner. Overall, I'm still excited for it.

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
Frankie O'Connor just said, they only updated the graphic engine, everything else is untouched. You can switch between the new Graphics and the legacy graphics with a touch of a button. But all the multiplayer stuff is done with the Reach Engine.

Fenreil

Mar 14, 2010
Just some info to consider. The remake is a graphical tune-up over the original physics engine, and it was mentioned that you could "press a button to switch from anniversary mode to original mode" so that you can "see the difference between the versions"

Oh, and the multiplayer will be running on the Reach engine, which explains why that guy got assasinated in the trailer.

DarthFennec

May 27, 2010
No, Halo does not need a remake. If it were up to me, no game would have a remake. Remakes are just ways to cash in again on something that's already been done, it's lazy and that time should be spent making new awesome stuff. Halo was an excellent game. Now imagine if they made fresh new games instead of just milking the Halo cow for the past ten years. There would be a chance that one of those games would actually be good. I can always play my old copy of Halo on my PC, I don't need it in HD. The graphics are fine as it is.

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
It doesn't take a genius to realize that Halo CE isn't THAT dated. It still holds up impressively ten years later. I don't know what a remake will do differently other than just tart it up, and even then, that's debatable. I just hope this is on XBLA.

Now, as for Halo 4, I only have this to say:

[HEADING=1]YOU BASTARDS.[/HEADING]

FaithorFire

Mar 14, 2010
orangeapples said:
at full price? HELL NO!!!

at around $40? HELL YEAH!!!
Yes, this, If it were to be released as a discounted download, then yes for me in a heartbeat.

OT: I'm excited because I still play Halo:CE with the kids in my family. I am by no means a "Halo guy" though. I tried Halo 2, and never bought it. Then I did get Halo 3, but skipped both ODST and Reach. 3/5ths of the Halo series has left me thoroughly unimpressed, but I'm game for a remastered Halo:ce

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
Online co-op seems like it alone is worth it, tbh. Also, you can switch it back and forth between the original look of the game and the HD version with a touch of a button (why?), it will NOT be a full priced game, and the multiplayer is using Reach's engine, since they're trying to not split the fanbase. They didn't announce an actual price, except they did say it wouldn't be full price, and it will be available in retail. Just some interesting facts to throw around.

And yea, I'm gonna get it, because of online co-op, even though I feel a little jipped since I just bought the original on XBLA a couple months ago...oh well, shit happens.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
That sounds neat I guess, but you know what I really want? I want "Blood" brought to XBLA. I really want to play it, and I can't find it anywhere for PC. C'mon, XBLA, you've got a lot of good old sprite FPSes, why not Blood?
OT: Meh. I like Halo:CE just the way it is. Same with Half Life.

David Bray

Jan 8, 2010
I like the idea but the trailer looks like ass. You've got halo 3 visuals which completely change the look of the covenant ship which was one of its best levels, and master chiefs model looks ps2 era

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
Coming from somebody who's favorite game of all time is Halo: Combat Evolved, I got really excited for this, especially the part about online connectivity. Though I hope they don't charge full since it IS just an old game with extra stuff. I will probably buy it.

Plazmatic

May 4, 2009
Dectomax said:
Short and simple - Yes or No and why!

Personally, I think I just scared the neighbors after screaming in excitement! It is one of my all time favorite games!
No, its not on the PC, and then consequently we wont be getting mods for it, and only 7 of the 19 multilayer maps are going to be playable, presumably because they want to wait and make you pay another 15 $ for them, and then some, and also because this game will only live one year, because 2012 is halo4, and I'm betting halo 4 will suck, and will follow a 1 year cycle with all three games in the series going within 3 years of each other in terms of release

HAVERSHA

Apr 24, 2009
Looking forward to this more than Halo 4. Hopefully it lives up to expectations.

The Apothecarry

Mar 6, 2011
I want it to be awesome, I really do, but I'm not holding it to the same standards as I did with Reach. It's not Bungie anymore, and they had everything nailed down.

Bridgeru

Jan 12, 2011
I don't like the idea.

Aside from the game going to become outdated again anyway (in 5-10 years), I bet Microsoft will ruin the one thing I actually enjoyed in Halo CE.

I'm an old Marathon player (the game bungie made before Halo), and I liked the references to Marathon in the series (the symbol, rampant AIs, mythical extinct race of aliens), that were removed or severely dumbed down in Halo 3 ODST and Halo: Reach. I don't want to play as another faceless soldier, there are plenty of games that do that. I do want to play a game that has a storyline that is so intricate, you can discover events that happened over 100,000+ years in the past, and still be shocked by it.*

*Mostly thinking of the Halo 3 terminals, between Diadict and Librarian.

Maybe the market has changed, and maybe the cynics are right, Halo's market are those who ignore the singleplayer and focus on "OMG! HEADSHOT LOLOLOL". If so, I'd be surprised if some of these aren't changed by Microsoft, who already removed mention of Marathon in Reach, and I bet wouldn't be above changing the singleplayer to suit the current market.

Magicmad5511

May 26, 2011
I'm not likely going to get it. I bought halo 1 for xbox to play on my 360 cheap on the internet. I am not buying the same game for a higher price just to play with better graphics and online. The only chance I'm gonna get it is if it's either cheap and by cheap I mean £15 at most. It doesn't need a remake and this annoys me.

PeePantz

Sep 23, 2010
David Bray said:
I like the idea but the trailer looks like ass. You've got halo 3 visuals which completely change the look of the covenant ship which was one of its best levels, and master chiefs model looks ps2 era
I'm confused. If, Halo was released on the original xbox, which was the last generation of consoles, and ps2's time-line is that of xbox's, does this mean master chiefs model didn't get changed at all?

Chaza

Dec 15, 2010
It seems it's not halo 4 but Halo CE Hd edition.

I'd rather they make a new halo game or even better nothing at all, it ended a good way lets keep it that way.

Nuds1000

Aug 2, 2010
It looks REALLY UGLY and I still have Halo CE and it works on my 360. It honestly looks like it will be harder to play because the character models have been made overly complex and it will be too dark to see anything. This is a half hearted cash-in using the left over character models from Reach.