Halo 3's One Billionth Game Played

bad rider

The prodigal son of a goat boy
Dec 23, 2007
Indigo_Dingo said:
bad rider said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
And at the same time, celebrating their 1 quintillionth expleteive uttered during the game.
Only their quintillionth? Man that falls short of expectations.
One million swear words a match does seem a bit low, doesn't it?
Yeah, I mean those thirteen year old americans don't stop.

nova18

Feb 2, 2009
shadow_pirate22 said:
If you've been reading some of my posts, you'll know I'm not a Halo fan. But I can't say I'm at all surprised. Mind you, I don't dislike Halo, I just don't think it's the greatest game ever like some people do.

Same, I dislike how everything that is released gets compared to it negatively.
My new favourite game, Killzone 2, was quoted by some as "A wannabe Halo", which wound me up a bit.

But hell, a billion online games, even I applaud that. That takes a lot of dedicated players to help achieve that total.

Sigenrecht

Mar 17, 2008
Wow. We could have colonized the entire solar system, cured every form of disease, erased famine, or all of the above... the possibilities are almost limitless, if we devoted that amount of time-relative energy into any one of those.

This... this is just sad. I hope future generation can look upon us with pity rather than disgust. Especially on those Koreans. Hehehe.

Now I wonder how much collective time has been put into MMORPGs. Hell, even WoW alone. I bet we could have built enough pyramids to cover North Africa by hand in that time frame.

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Vlane said:
Which game has the most online matches played? CSS?

Anyway. Nice number.
Depends what you call an online match. I'd guess World of Warcraft. I'm guessing if you added up the total playtime for that, it would be longer than human history.
I knew that somebody would bring WoW up. No I don't include MMO's because you don't really play a match there.

Ryuzix

Jan 21, 2009
Theres an infection game mode for multiplayer? When you say multiplayer, are you talking about online with a bunch of randoms?
Oh yeah, thanks bungie, please deliver me back my time and money.

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
Ryuzix said:
Theres an infection game mode for multiplayer? When you say multiplayer, are you talking about online with a bunch of randoms?
Oh yeah, thanks bungie, please deliver me back my time and money.
Yes, there's an Infection game mode in multiplayer. And no, you don't have to play against random matches in multiplayer if you don't want to; that's what the Custom games menu is for, so that you can create your own matches with your Friends. (Or Forge mode, for even finer control of how the gameplay flows.) There's a lot of flexibility in the options; it pays to explore them.

-- Steve

IsoNeko

Oct 6, 2008
As it's been said, that doesn't include Forge, Theater, Campaign, Customs.

This is just online Matchmaking. That's only a 1/5th of what Halo 3 has to offer.

IsoNeko

Oct 6, 2008
On an average game, I'd give it around 20 per team. So that's 40 billion expletives.

DND Judgement

Sep 30, 2008
go bungie proves no matter the complaints people have abuot halo it's still 1 of the best games out there... i've contributed about 6 or 7 hnudred games to that and hearing this news i feel compelled to go on some more...

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Vlane said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
Vlane said:

Anyway. Nice number.
Depends what you call an online match. I'd guess World of Warcraft. I'm guessing if you added up the total playtime for that, it would be longer than human history.
I knew that somebody would bring WoW up. No I don't include MMO's because you don't really play a match there.
Whats the distinction? Where do you draw the line?
You have to be able to play the game offline on a map.

IsoNeko

Oct 6, 2008
Vlane said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
Vlane said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
Vlane said:

Anyway. Nice number.
Whats the distinction? Where do you draw the line?
You have to be able to play the game offline on a map.
WoW can only be eligible for how many times the game has been played, how many players paying an active subscription, how many unique ID's have played the game in a set amount of time, how many players online or the average daily, and finally how many total hours has been played. Match's don't count.

As for me, I've played around 2000 games. And that doesn't include the 2500 custom games that the Billion doesn't include.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
I think I made my share to this list too, go Bungie!! We did it one billion games!! WOOT WOOT

Inverse Skies

Feb 3, 2009
Those are HUGE numbers, myself and my roommate laughed at 6,301 years combined.

We've always wondered where humanity was going, and now we know lol :)

Chinchama

Mar 1, 2009
As much as I love video games it seems that humanity is wasting its time. Had the people who have been stuck in front of the TV playing Halo gone out and furthered their education or even just gone outside and dicked around it feels like man kind could've had another break through. I mean really, 64,000 years? With those hours combined we should've been able to think of another way of space travel or find a cure for cancer or something. (well given the fact that most of the players are kids I can see how they'd just use their time for some other sort of entertainment, but the adult hours spent in there surely must make up a few thousand years.)