Halo 4 Leaked

Dark.Kantian

Jan 31, 2011
And on a related note. Why shouldn't they make another Halo game? Having played all of them multiple times and having enjoyed every single one thus far, I think they have a damn good precedent to work on here.

Nothing in Reach or 3 even remotely closed the door on the Halo universe so there is no principled reason why another project is impossible, inconsistent or even undesirable.

Dick Johnson

May 2, 2011
Lacsapix said:
I hope its fake, Reach had a great ending (its done now).
no need to dig up corpses that are laid to rest to unleash your loneliness on.
we don't need another Prince of persia Warrior Within.
Shame, Warrior Within was the only Prince of Persia that had a remotely enjoyable fighting system.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Lacsapix said:
Reach was a prequel though...Halo 4 would suggest a game taking place after The Chief and his spunky pal The Arbiter took out the Phophets and brought about peace between Shangheli, humans and, whatever the hell Grunts are.

Granted if you beat Halo 3 on Legendary you get a special little video of The Chief in a heavily damaged vessel and very close to what looked like planet-form Unicron...who was painted steel-grey. Halo 3 had a good ending and Reach had a better one. I think I'm good and satisfied for now where Halo is concerned.

Xelt

May 11, 2008
Shoggoth2588 said:
Lacsapix said:
Reach was a prequel though...Halo 4 would suggest a game taking place after The Chief and his spunky pal The Arbiter took out the Phophets and brought about peace between Shangheli, humans and, whatever the hell Grunts are.

Granted if you beat Halo 3 on Legendary you get a special little video of The Chief in a heavily damaged vessel and very close to what looked like planet-form Unicron...who was painted steel-grey. Halo 3 had a good ending and Reach had a better one. I think I'm good and satisfied for now where Halo is concerned.
That planet, I believe was meant to be Onyx. Or, the dyson sphere with a few spartans trapped in it.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
As if we didn't see this coming, MS wont let a cash cow rest until it's dead, they will milk this name until it start hurting game sales.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
kortin said:
Why. Thats all I ask. WHY? I thought they finished off the series with Reach, can't they just stop? I mean, I know that companies like to milk games, but is there really even any milk left in this cow?
Nope, Reach was just the last Halo game made by Bungie. Microsoft created its own development team (343 Industries) solely for the purpose of making more Halo games.

Speaking as a Halo fan, I really wish they wouldn't do this. I don't want to see Halo go the way of Star Wars, where they take a rich and compelling setting and whore it out for cheap marketing and endless sequels.

Dick Johnson

May 2, 2011
Von Strimmer said:
Personally I thought the Halo: Reach campaign sucked. I'm willing to give 343 the benefit of the doubt on this one and see what happens.
I dont think the campaign was the primay intended focus of Reach, rather than it was inserting new [multiplayer] mechanics for the Halo universe.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Rhys95 said:
343 was established by Microsoft after Bungie went indie.
Indie? Since when do indie devs get publishing deals with Activision? Bungie is not indie, they're just independent from Microsoft now.

Rule Britannia

Apr 20, 2011
Looks fake don't wanna be a hating guy but it just does...
If it was true I won't buy it simply because bungie is "milking" the franchise now they said it was done in Reach but evidently not...In my opinion even ODST was a "money grabbing" move by bungie....

Metal Brother

Jan 4, 2010
Baldr said:
Here some more info:
http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6317189/xboxcom-outs-halo-4-halo-hd-remake?tag=top_stories%3Bstory%3B1
Who wants to put odds on "Ryse" being the Crytek Kinect game that we read about last week?

Conn1496

Apr 21, 2011
DrunkDonut said:
It does not bother me TBH I think people should give 343 industries a chance with the Halo title first before people complain about a halo 4.
To be honest it's just like the MW3 - Activision situation. Apart from I don't like Call of duty...

When people say reach had a great ending, EVERYONE DIED. I'd just like to point out that the whole Noble team probably died because they weren't mentioned in Halo 1,2 or 3, so it would spoil the plot. Buck from ODST doesn't even mention noble team. Buck was basically thrown into Halo:reach for the nostalgia factor. To be honest, Buck is basically saved by Noble team, and he NEVER mentions them. Kinda a story killer to me.

Even if it isn't real, it's a good rumour. Reach was kinda not worth the hype, where as Halo:3 beat my expectations.

[Side note]: No-one knows where Jun is, he is however, last seen as of (ingame time) August 29th 2552. For Jun to survive the fall of reach would have more than likely earned him a place at master chief's side, so why is he not there?

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
kman123 said:
you can blame this one on 343 Industries. Bungie officially handed over the rights to Microsoft. Hey, it might get the breath of fresh air it needed ever since 3 was released.
343 Studio's is made up Ex-Bungie staff, these guy's wanted to stay and create Halo Games, i prefer these guys than just Microsoft creating them.

Some of the best guy s from Bungie are there, have a lil faith huh?

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
Rule Britannia said:
Looks fake don't wanna be a hating guy but it just does...
If it was true I won't buy it simply because bungie is "milking" the franchise now they said it was done in Reach but evidently not...In my opinion even ODST was a "money grabbing" move by bungie....
Bungie isn't making any more Halo games, but it was stated from the very start that 343 Studios would take over.

Also, "money grabbing" never sounds this good:

Arctarus'sCookie

May 9, 2011
Well hopefully this Halo 4 will be something new and refreshing. 343 industries seems to have a lot of potential after seeing the Halo Reach Defiant Map Pack... That thing was pretty nice.

and maybe we'll get some new goddamn weapons this time around...

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
bobby1361 said:
Shoggoth2588 said:
Lacsapix said:

That planet, I believe was meant to be Onyx. Or, the dyson sphere with a few spartans trapped in it.
I read somewhere that if you look very closely you can see lights in the shape of some of the forerunner symbols from the Halos ect