Halo 4 Won't Launch the Next Xbox Console

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
ZeroMachine said:
thethingthatlurks said:
Shame, a new generation is overdue imho. Oh well...*resumes playing Skyrim on tiny-god PC*

Hey wait a minute, isn't Halo THE launch title for xboxes? So why the bloody hell not?!
The only Halo game launch title is the first one. Halo 3 didn't come out for about two years after the 360.
See how long it's been? I can't even remember the launch titles of the bloody thing!

kael013

Jun 12, 2010
A new next gen console already? They just released the actual 360 (the Slim one), like, last year. Along with Kinect. That stupid little motion sensing gimmick had to have stretched the 360's lifespan by a few years. Why would they release a new one so soon? Aside from increased profits, to compete with the Wii U, etc., etc... (nevermind, stupid question.) Actually, I'd be OK with that, but if they want me to shell out a few hundred for a freaking graphics engine update they better make damn well sure that the backwards compatibility BS works for (nearly) every 360 game.

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
karloss01 said:
i think the console life should be at least 10 years and around the 8/9 introduce the next gen successor.
A-are you being serious...?
Can't be... either that or i've misunderstood what you said.

Anyway... Eh, Another Halo, another... not Xbox.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
silverbullet1989 said:
as a PC gamer, the sooner the next gen of consoles comes out the better, sick of this generation holding back games now *flame shield on*
holding back how? technologicly? -.- get off your high horse, 'latesest tech' doesn't make a game good, it's the dev team that makes a game good, any extra 'pretty' they throw in should be seen and the icing on the cake, not the whole of the cake :p

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Kitsuna10060 said:
silverbullet1989 said:
as a PC gamer, the sooner the next gen of consoles comes out the better, sick of this generation holding back games now *flame shield on*
holding back how? technologicly? -.- get off your high horse, 'latesest tech' doesn't make a game good, it's the dev team that makes a game good, any extra 'pretty' they throw in should be seen and the icing on the cake, not the whole of the cake :p
You're trying to apply logic to PC fanboys. I'd recommend you stop. It will only end in aneurisms.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
I would like another Xbox really, this one seems to be dwindling in the power and speed departments, which is why I bought a gaming PC in the first place. (Although I will continue to buy games for both simultaneously this gen).

My favourite kind of symptoms.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Uuuuuugh. Common! Developers are just now reaching the graphical limits of the PS3/360. Why do you want to give them a NEW console to spend another zillion years figuring out? Let them focus on making games with content instead of prettier graphics on the current consoles!

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
karloss01 said:
i think the console life should be at least 10 years and around the 8/9 introduce the next gen successor.
That is what everyone wanted, but when it is a stack of dominoes starting with Nintendo lack of sales of the Wii and having to release it's new console early, then the other two have to stay in competition.

Plus next generation games will not be a huge jump. The graphic pipelines will not change that much, with the same tool, the same style of graphics. It'll be a couple years before they change the tools to really max the engines.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
Kitsuna10060 said:
silverbullet1989 said:
You're trying to apply logic to PC fanboys. I'd recommend you stop. It will only end in aneurisms.
I'm aware, it just baffles me people think graphics = good game, or maybe I'm just getting old, and remember fondly when a consuls tech limits where reached sooner and devs took up the challenge of crafting good, quality experiences, that make a gamer return even after mastering the game to the point of no challenge, rather then just turning out some half assed thing and hiding behind the graphics

-.- sighs

Vykrel

Feb 26, 2009
silverbullet1989 said:
im a console gamer but i feel your pain. hopefully the new console generation starts by 2013.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Kitsuna10060 said:
I'm aware, it just baffles me people think graphics = good game, or maybe I'm just getting old, and remember fondly when a consuls tech limits where reached sooner and devs took up the challenge of crafting good, quality experiences, that make a gamer return even after mastering the game to the point of no challenge, rather then just turning out some half assed thing and hiding behind the graphics

-.- sighs
Well, you're not alone in getting old.

It's a shame that, even as games reach their "limits" on current consoles, they're not really working of developing better games. I blame graphics whores.

I'm kinda bored with people whining that my console is holding back their boring brown shooters.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
Kitsuna10060 said:

-.- sighs
Well, you're not alone in getting old.

It's a shame that, even as games reach their "limits" on current consoles, they're not really working of developing better games. I blame graphics whores.

I'm kinda bored with people whining that my console is holding back their boring brown shooters.
hehehe, i blame both the graphics whores and the boring brown shooters for holding things back my self.

Garrett McCoy

Nov 10, 2011
I feel that microsoft is just constantly trying to destroy its own name.... I mean just let it run for another 2 or 3 good years befor you kill of the 360 I mean they just came out with the kinect and the 250 gb slim just a year ago and now they ar making a new console. I am mainly pissed because I just invested in a new 360. so you know what I think I might as well just stick to pc and try out making STEAM my new "console" and "shop" then I don't have to deal with gamestop screwing me either!

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Kitsuna10060 said:
hehehe, i blame both the graphics whores and the boring brown shooters for holding things back my self.
A lot of the issues are shared between the two. I mean, look at people fawning over the graphics of the latest batch of boring brown shooters. There are people bitching about Skyrim's graphics, as though they should have spent less time on a world and more on high resolution textures.

Yes, how dare you have a large, open world? We want pretty pictures!

And teabagging.

Garrett McCoy said:
I feel that microsoft is just constantly trying to destroy its own name.... I mean just let it run for another 2 or 3 good years befor you kill of the 360 I mean they just came out with the kinect and the 250 gb slim just a year ago and now they ar making a new console. I am mainly pissed because I just invested in a new 360. so you know what I think I might as well just stick to pc and try out making STEAM my new "console" and "shop" then I don't have to deal with gamestop screwing me either!
Yes, they only released the slim a year ago, and they're already making a new console! How dare they! And I bet Halo 4 will launch it!

Come on, you're talking about Microsoft trying to destroy itself based on something it might not even be doing. Although I don't doubt a new console is getting consideration, the 2-3 years you're advocating is likely the time scale.

Besides, Kinect can be readily transferred over and Slim consoles tend to come out not long before the start of a new generation as a bid to extend the console a little more. Neither really impacts the validity. This is the longest console generation in a long time. It's weird people are crying "TOO SOON!" We've got a seven year cycle already. Since the next MS console will likely launch a holiday, we have a bare minimum of eight years with one console. Not really all that bad.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
Kitsuna10060 said:
A lot of the issues are shared between the two. I mean, look at people fawning over the graphics of the latest batch of boring brown shooters. There are people bitching about Skyrim's graphics, as though they should have spent less time on a world and more on high resolution textures.

Yes, how dare you have a large, open world? We want pretty pictures!

And teabagging.
*gasps* i know, how dare they sink assets into anything else besides prettfin every thing, to hell with a vast world to explore, or depth, just make it pretty, that makes it better by default.

*rolls eyes* it disgusts me to a degree that THESE are the people that get catered to :mad: who know how many truely good games have been 86ed because it wasn't a sure bet.

but what i do i know right? i've only been gaming 26/30 years

silverbullet1989

Jun 7, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
So now neither the console NOR combat the are evolving?
silverbullet1989 said:
thethingthatlurks said:
Lower that shield, comrade. You're among friends here. And you are indeed correct, the current console generation not only has no more potential hidden in a safe somewhere, it reached its limit years ago. It would appear that Uncharted 3 is the best the PS3 (mind you, that's the one with ever so slightly more power than the 360) can do, at least according to a developer. There is nothing left in the current gen consoles.
But is what we have now Really so bad?
When you see a game like the original crysis (released 3 years ago 2008) that still today surpasses any game that has been released visually... yeah it is a little annoying when devs keep saying " oh we can somehow get more power out of these consoles " no they cant, all they can do now is keep cutting corners to get a game working. If anything good has come out of this console generation its the fact its taught developers, with the exception of activison, how to make a game engine more efficient and optimized because they've had to really work to get games like battlefield 3 on the consoles.

silverbullet1989

Jun 7, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
Kitsuna10060 said:
silverbullet1989 said:
So by labeling me a pc fanboy who cant be reasoned with your making yourself sound better how?

yes consoles are now holding games back technologically and also from a game play pov
Look at battlefield 3, how much they had to cut back, cut every corner possible to get that game running at a half decent state on the consoles, and what did the (admittedly not all) console community do? slate dice because they couldn't have 64 players, larger maps etc... from my understanding that is a console limiting a game from a technological pov and from a game play pov...

yeah i may sound like a "pc fanboy" as you call me but thats because MY preferred choice is a pc for gaming. A new console generation should hopefully level the fields again, and both pc games and console games shall advance once more... but until tht happens were gonna get swamped with games like call of duty, recycling the same game on the same engine year after year, but im sure you would like that -_-

silverbullet1989

Jun 7, 2009
Vykrel said:
silverbullet1989 said:
im a console gamer but i feel your pain. hopefully the new console generation starts by 2013.
Thank you, out of the 5 quotes ive had only 1 person took what i said the wrong way. I dont resent consoles, i have an xbox and some of the best games ive played have been on console like halo, gears, GTA IV (until i got the pc version for mods =p ) but a new console gen shall hopefully mean both console and pc get better games again