Halo Timeline

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
Wow!!

Rvb started almost ten years ago?

That's impressive. The eight series just finished, AWESOME.

Oh, wait. This was a halo timeline.......

Woops.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
The Amazing Tea Alligator said:
Yeesh Halo Wars, what an abysmally shitty end for Ensemble. RIP guys.
I'll be honest, they did a decent job of it. Halo wars is one of the most fun pick up and play RTS's i've played

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
Hmm... most of the books were missing from the timeline...
Oh well! IT was still a good timeline.
I probably would not have missed that if I didn't own most of 'em.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
wait! activision is now the new publisher for the new IP? great.....(!)

anyways...great timeline, I did enjoy Halo until of course MS started "exclusive-ize" Halo...

May 23, 2010
dogstile said:
I'll be honest, they did a decent job of it. Halo wars is one of the most fun pick up and play RTS's i've played
If you ask me, it was insultingly simple. Not to mention that the console can't do rts controls for shit. There a trillion better rts's out there, all of Ensemble's previous, better games included.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
dogstile said:
If you ask me, it was insultingly simple. Not to mention that the console can't do rts controls for shit. There a trillion better rts's out there, all of Ensemble's previous, better games included.
Insultingly simple? Pray tell, how does a game being simple insult you?

May 23, 2010
dogstile said:
dogstile said:
Ensemble has made some good RTS games. Between the lack of any real economy or diplomacy, nor a detailed combat system, it's simply quite dull. If it weren't for the production value, it's about as deep as a movie-based video game. It's like Microsoft expected the game to sell and do well with critics. The trully mindboggling thing is that it did.

In conclusion, I suppose that it isn't really the game that's insulting (although it is VERY sad that Halo Wars was Ensembles last farewall), but rather it's reception.

DazBurger

May 22, 2009
mad825 said:
wait! activision is now the new publisher for the new IP? great.....(!)

anyways...great timeline, I did enjoy Halo until of course MS started "exclusive-ize" Halo...
They may be the publishers for the new IP, but due to the rare nature of the contract, they will not own the IP, Bungie will.

Apr 19, 2010
So as not to get into the fighting over Halo Wars;

It has been so long since that Christmas Eve where three boy played Halo CE happily as the snow trickled down in an amazing way. Too bad no one noticed because it was such a fun game.

DazBurger

May 22, 2009
dogstile said:
dogstile said:
Ensemble has made some good RTS games. Between the lack of any real economy or diplomacy, nor a detailed combat system, it's simply quite dull. If it weren't for the production value, it's about as deep as a movie-based video game. It's like Microsoft expected the game to sell and do well with critics. The trully mindboggling thing is that it did.

In conclusion, I suppose that it isn't really the game that's insulting (although it is VERY sad that Halo Wars was Ensembles last farewall), but rather it's reception.
An RTS dont need economics nor diplomacy. Just look at the C&C games, Warcraft and Starcraft.
No Economics no diplomacy just pure combat and tactics.

May 23, 2010
DazBurger said:
dogstile said:
dogstile said:

An RTS dont need economics nor diplomacy. Just look at the C&C games, Warcraft and Starcraft.
Those games aren't combat and tactics. Men of War is combat and tactics. Those games are rock paper scissors, micro, and build orders. Nothing wrong with that, it's just not interesting or deep enough to hold my interest.

DazBurger

May 22, 2009
DazBurger said:
dogstile said:
dogstile said:

Those games aren't combat and tactics. Men of War is combat and tactics. Those games are rock paper scissors, micro, and build orders. Nothing wrong with that, it's just not interesting or deep enough to hold my interest.
But Halo Wars isn't just doing a bad job holding your interest, its downright insulting?

May 23, 2010
DazBurger said:
DazBurger said:
dogstile said:
dogstile said:

But Halo Wars isn't just doing a bad job holding your interest, its downright insulting?
Yes, but as I said above it's more the reception that's insulting. It's insulting that a game like Halo Wars can exist, not only be made by a great Ensemble Studios but be their final farewell, and that there are critics that can give it an 8.4 with a straight face. The world is a wrong, worrying, and downright insulting place.

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
I like how Red vs. Blue milestones are important to the Halo franchise.

to be fair though, I do love Red vs Blue's story more than Halo's. I wonder when they'll make a game for rvb...

Chunko

Aug 2, 2009
To the haters:

Honestly, I think you guys are looking past the fact that the gaming experience of Halo ODST was primarily pretty epic, and it didn't have anything to do with the Master Chief. Isn't that really all that should matter. The exact same thing goes for Halo Wars. Can we just focus on the game part of the game? Not all this crap surrounding it.

I have not played Halo Reach yet.