Paulie92

Mar 6, 2010
DazBurger said:
The Amazing Tea Alligator said:
dogstile said:
dogstile said:
Yeesh Halo Wars, what an abysmally shitty end for Ensemble. RIP guys.
I'll be honest, they did a decent job of it. Halo wars is one of the most fun pick up and play RTS's i've played
If you ask me, it was insultingly simple. Not to mention that the console can't do rts controls for shit. There a trillion better rts's out there, all of Ensemble's previous, better games included.
Insultingly simple? Pray tell, how does a game being simple insult you?
Ensemble has made some good RTS games. Between the lack of any real economy or diplomacy, nor a detailed combat system, it's simply quite dull. If it weren't for the production value, it's about as deep as a movie-based video game. It's like Microsoft expected the game to sell and do well with critics. The trully mindboggling thing is that it did.

In conclusion, I suppose that it isn't really the game that's insulting (although it is VERY sad that Halo Wars was Ensembles last farewall), but rather it's reception.
An RTS dont need economics nor diplomacy. Just look at the C&C games, Warcraft and Starcraft.
No Economics no diplomacy just pure combat and tactics.
Uhhh Warcraft and Starcraft are huge on economy....

I never got why Halo was so madly loved don't get me wrong I've enjoyed the series alot and own all except for Halo Wars but the fanbase and popularity seem excessive

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
July 27, 2009: A day taht will live in very minor infamy. When oh when will teh project be brought back to lief?

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
Well, that was... somewhat pointless. Kind of a lot of filler in that timeline. You should have continued with the future Halo timline that Loading Ready Run made a while ago. Now that was an awesome documentary.

zwober

Nov 20, 2009
id say you missed one date. "the offical day halo was stolen from the PC"..
yeah, im still a bit bitter about that.

*grumble*

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Wow...I never realised how man events actually happened along there timeline o.o fantastic!

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Wait... is there a point to this, or is it a nostalgic send-off to a franchise that didn't live up to the standards of its competitors?

Hayday

Aug 19, 2009
They included the Halo 2 ARG but not the bigger and more fun Halo 3 IRIS ARG? Hmm.

Little Duck

Diving Space Muffin
Oct 22, 2009
I bet you any money bungie will do another Halo game. Perhaps not within the next year or so, but give it a few years.

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
Ah Halo series, I always wanted to get into you, but you'd never let me into your pants :\

idiot445

Aug 19, 2008
I was hoping for a timeline that explained the quirky differences between games. Like why'd pistols lose the zoom function, and when did Warthogs actually become destructible? Were there scope shortages, and did the Warthogs get redesigned by the Ford Pinto team?

BloodSquirrel

Jun 23, 2008
idiot445 said:
I was hoping for a timeline that explained the quirky differences between games. Like why'd pistols lose the zoom function, and when did Warthogs actually become destructible? Were there scope shortages, and did the Warthogs get redesigned by the Ford Pinto team?
If you're wondering how Master Chief eats and breathes- or other science facts- you should just repeat to yourself "It's just a game, I should really just relax."

idiot445

Aug 19, 2008
BloodSquirrel said:
idiot445 said:
If you're wondering how Master Chief eats and breathes- or other science facts- you should just repeat to yourself "It's just a game, I should really just relax."
That isn't it at all. I can totally suspend my disbelief about that. I'm more thinking basic continuity. The weapons in the first and second game I think are the same and yet function differently. I find it funny to think about stuff like that which has no explanation in the story whatever.

BloodSquirrel

Jun 23, 2008
idiot445 said:
That isn't it at all. I can totally suspend my disbelief about that. I'm more thinking basic continuity. The weapons in the first and second game I think are the same and yet function differently. I find it funny to think about stuff like that which has no explanation in the story whatever.
Probably because any attempt to explain it would be more awkward than leaving it unexplained. Especially stuff like the warthog- it was never supposed to be indestructible, it was just a limitation of the game mechanics.

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
Not a bad timeline. Having to switch between pages was kind of annoying, though.

Would have been nice to have as a Flash animation or something... just a thought.

Ah... I'll never forget the first time I played Halo: Combat Evolved.... *wipes away tear*
I'll also never forget how much trouble I had with the huge controller!!
lol- funny thing is I grew to love that controller like a brother after not too long, then they went and neutered its innovation with the Controller S.

Ah, well.

Been a hell of a ride, Halo :)