Hands-on Impressions of PlayStation Move

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
In response to the bit about Racquet Sports, it's not really surprising that it's not are responsive as it could be. It's Ubisoft, and if anyone remembers Red Steel, their first step onto the Wii... Yeah. It seems that Ubisoft doesn't like putting their best foot forward when entering new platforms.

minimacker said:
It looks like deformed dildo.
Hey guys, have you heard about what Nintendo changed the name of the Revolution to? It sounds like someone going to the bathroom!

Seriously man, joke is old and tired now.

yanipheonu

Jan 27, 2010
The problem I see is, if I didn't already own a Wii, and just owned a PS3, I would rather get a Wii then get the Move. That way, I could actually play the great games that have come out on the Wii over the years, AND get the motion control.

As it is, I already own the Wii, so there's little inscentive more me to get the move. Though the Kinect recently got a few cool looking games announced, maybe we'll see some cool games on the Move later on.

For now, it doesn't make sense to be an early adopter, especially when Sony is involved.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
THIS is their launch line-up?

"Jeeee-sus titty-fucking CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSTTT!"

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
Woodsey said:
THIS is their launch line-up?

"Jeeee-sus titty-fucking CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSTTT!"
Pretty much what I thought. It seems most of the better looking games for it don't come out until next year which makes me wonder if I should have just waited until then to buy it. Oh well, i'm certain it will be worth it in the long run and if it isn't, then I will have wasted $100.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
nothing about Kung Fu Rider's overtly fanservice female character? All the footage of her I've seen seemed like they were trying to make her ass the focal point of the entire experience.

FinalFreak16

Mar 23, 2010
Anyone else get the feeling that Nintendo are working on some secret new industry changing project while watching Sony and Microsoft play catchup with their cheesy accessories without feeling the slightest bit threatened?

Im not even a Nintendo Fan and thats how it looks to me.

Optimystic

Sep 24, 2008
FinalFreak16 said:
Anyone else get the feeling that Nintendo are working on some secret new industry changing project while watching Sony and Microsoft play catchup with their cheesy accessories without feeling the slightest bit threatened?

Im not even a Nintendo Fan and thats how it looks to me.
Thing is, Nintendo also has to play catch-up - they need a system with some actual horsepower.
(Now that Sony can grab for both the casuals and the hardcore crowd, that is.)

Unhappy Crow

Mar 14, 2010
Yep. The only launch game that sucks is Kung Fu Rider while the other games are worth playing. I had to laugh at Steve when he was goofing around with the Eyepet game.

OtherSideofSky

Jan 4, 2010
It would be nice if I could afford a room big enough to actually [b/]use[/b] any of these things some time in the next twenty years. It will seriously suck if motion controls become the standard, because they just don't work well in a dorm room or even a small apartment and they're pretty limited in what you can do with them. I was mostly ambivalent toward them, but then Kinect stripped Steel Battalion of its giant controller (which was, you know, the whole point of the game), robbing me of the hope that I might someday get to play a true sequel to the greatest mech game of all time, so now I regard them with a loathing so deep that my hatred may take on a form of its own and seek the makers of these devices as an avenging ghost.

SilverHammerMan

Jul 26, 2009
Was.... was he trying to eat his EyePet?

Anyway, I'm not too interested in this, maybe once we get some "hardcore, super awesome" games I'll consider picking it up. Maybe.

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
It looks cool, a good opportunity to muck around with your friends and make you look like a twat.

However, I'm a poor student so I won't be getting this. Maybe in a few years :)

Optimystic

Sep 24, 2008
OtherSideofSky said:
It would be nice if I could afford a room big enough to actually [b/]use[/b] any of these things some time in the next twenty years. It will seriously suck if motion controls become the standard, because they just don't work well in a dorm room or even a small apartment and they're pretty limited in what you can do with them. I was mostly ambivalent toward them, but then Kinect stripped Steel Battalion of its giant controller (which was, you know, the whole point of the game), robbing me of the hope that I might someday get to play a true sequel to the greatest mech game of all time, so now I regard them with a loathing so deep that my hatred may take on a form of its own and seek the makers of these devices as an avenging ghost.
You have room in your dorm for that monstrosity, but not to move around? 0_o

Besides, The Move is no different from a Wii, and plenty of dorms have that. (A little better in fact, with the EyeToy camera functionality on it.)

SilverHammerMan said:
Was.... was he trying to eat his EyePet?

Anyway, I'm not too interested in this, maybe once we get some "hardcore, super awesome" games I'll consider picking it up. Maybe.
I'd love to try RE5 and Heavy Rain with this thing, and I'm an Xbox player.