Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Hands-on Preview: Jurassic Park

Press that button or the dinosaur wins!

Read Full Article

Zom-B

Feb 8, 2011
personally, one play through of Heavy Rain was more than enough for me. i'd never give it a second go 'round. that being said, if this new JP game has controls inspired by or too similar to Heavy Rain, i'll give it a miss. for Heavy Rain, the story was compelling, but was really marred by hours and hours of absolutely boring gameplay. i'd hate to see Jurassic Park suffer from the same fate.

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
As long as it has a triceratops battling a T-rex in it, I am getting it, no question.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
I'd like to see live video feed of the game being played. Now I'm even more excited to play this game.

This is the first time I'm excited about a Telltale game. With this and The Walking Dead, now I have 2 more games to look forward this year.

Verkula

Oct 3, 2010
What the hell is Sarah doing on the Island? You would think she would tell that to Malcolm in the second movie or book, where she actually encounters dinosaurs for the first time...makes no sense.
I also hope they change the T-Rex voice we heard in the trailer, since that was just ripped out of Dino Crisis and doesnt sound like the one in the movies at all.

Despite all these i cant wait to finally play a new Jurassic Park game.

LavaLampBamboo

King of Okay
Jun 27, 2008
I had serious doubts about this, but in all honesty, this sounds fantastic. I doubted Telltale's ability to make a dark game but I have been happily proven wrong. Good on them, can't wait to play. I really hope it comes to XBLA

Pyode

Jul 1, 2009
Verkula said:
What the hell is Sarah doing on the Island? You would think she would tell that to Malcolm in the second movie or book, where she actually encounters dinosaurs for the first time...makes no sense.
I was thinking the same exact thing. I wonder if they will try to explain it away in some lame roundabout way or if they will just ignore it and claim it as non-cannon with the second movie (being based off the original movie already puts it out of cannon with the books). I personally prefer the second option.

As for the game itself I have high hopes. I wasn't very interested in Heavy Rain, but the setting alone makes me want to give this one a shot.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
*girlish squeal* EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IwantitIwantitIwantitIwantit
I was worried it would be some crummy action game even with telltale in the lead but its sounding really awesome

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
I guess they aren't going to use the new fossil data and turn T-Rex into a mewling, feathered, little ***** scavenger.

Verkula

Oct 3, 2010
Pyode said:
or if they will just ignore it and claim it as non-cannon with the second movie (being based off the original movie already puts it out of cannon with the books). I personally prefer the second option.
Yeah that actually makes sense.
Maybe they could even make their own version of the second story and follow up on this, if these episodes are successful.:O

lemiel14n3

happiness is a warm gun
Mar 18, 2010
Speaking as a man who never despised quick-time events to the same degree as the majority of my gaming peers, and never played heavy rain, but would have checked it out if it was for the 360. I can only say, I will be buying this one.

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
Oh God, there's too much epic in the games of the near future! I'm going to end up sitting in front of the 360 all through next year!

Quaidis

Jun 1, 2008
I like dinosaurs. I want to buy this game.

... I hope it is affordable.

Captcha: algebra ectrie. Algebra? Algebra?? I thought this was English or Lit or something.

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
Interesting. But I'm not buying it.

Somehow the first thing to come to mind is a fighting game, at the time when Windows '95 was the hottest shit, where you battled with dinosaurs against dinosaurs. You only had like two different attacks, but it was still great fun at that time.

Superior Mind

Feb 9, 2009
Okay I'm keen.

Massive fan of the first Jurassic Park film. It still gives me excited chills. If this game maintains the feeling of the film, (and from screenshots it seems like it has at least tried,) it could be very good. I like how it's set during the events of the first film - Harding canon be damned - because it should have the decent into chaos - an aspect that film one had, film two had a bit of and film three... well, they tried.

Interesting to see what Telltale is doing with the beloved 80s/early 90s trilogys. Wonder what's next.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
I'm already thinking about how the gameplay would feel like, definitely giving it a try.