Hands-on Preview: Jurassic Park

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
wait R3? *reads Tito's reply in forum* ohhh I see I see

first things first...rewatch Jurassic Park...it's been too long

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
I don't know how I feel about this game. I loved Heavy Rain's interface (although I got the good ending and had little want to pick it up again) but I'm not sure how it'll work with dinosaurs. I'd rather have an action game where you are a dinosaur, and you get to eat people, lol. Sort of like Rampage, but with Dinosaurs.

Adam Galli

Nov 26, 2010
SyphonX said:
Is Jeff Goldblum in it? What about Sammy Jackson? George Costanza? If there is no Sam Neil, I'm not getting it.
George Costanza? I didn't know Jason Alexander was in Jurassic Park...

Verkula

Oct 3, 2010
SomethingAmazing said:
Verkula said:
SomethingAmazing said:
I hope we get a proper version of Trespasser one of these days.
Ye we really need another generic FPS.
Trespasser was far from a "generic FPS."

It was a cool survival FPS that took you through Site B as just a place to immerse yourself and experience.
Yeah i know what you mean, even though i still had some problems with it(like the animation). But what i really wanted to say is: shooting dinosaurs is the last thing a Jurassic Park game needs in my opinion, even in the movies, when you see a gun it doesnt hit anything, unless it has tranq rounds. FPS games these days = kill, kill, kill.
I was actually hyped to hear that this one will be an adventure game, it might be the best way to tell a story and create an atmosphere we saw in the movies.
Hope it turns out well.

SyphonX

Coffee Bandit
Mar 22, 2009
Adam Galli said:
SyphonX said:
Is Jeff Goldblum in it? What about Sammy Jackson? George Costanza? If there is no Sam Neil, I'm not getting it.
George Costanza? I didn't know Jason Alexander was in Jurassic Park...
lool.. I meant Newman. Don't know why I was thinking Jason Alexander.

Verkula

Oct 3, 2010
Jeff Goldblum and Sam Neil had some T-Rex problems, and other stuff later, when this game takes place.

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
I'm imagining the dialogue that occurs should you choose to flick the headlights.

"Hey can you get the code?"

*flicker flicker*

"Ha ha, morse code, real funny, get me the fucking code!"

Dastardly

Imaginary Friend
Apr 19, 2010
Greg Tito said:
Hands-on Preview: Jurassic Park

Press that button or the dinosaur wins!

Read Full Article
The strangest thing about this sort of game, to me, is the negative reaction people have to them. Seriously, does nobody remember Dragon's Lair?

Verkula

Oct 3, 2010
http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-road-show-jurassic-park/17-3818/
gameplay video