Happy 10th Birthday, PlayStation 2

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
Kollega said:
Even despite availability of more fancy tech, PS2 is still selling after all those years.

Playstation 2: the AK-47 of the gaming industry.
That's a disturbingly accurate metaphor.

Also, happy birthday PS2, I still remember when I got you for Christmas along with FFX (for my brother), Kingdom Hearts, and Sly 2 (god that game was awesome, I'm tempted to try Infamous because of it). I'll celebrate by finally getting around to playing Persona 3 & 4, among a hell of a lot of other games.

Chechosaurus

Jul 20, 2008
I miss my PS2 - I find it hard to believe that it's 10 years old though. I got my in 2002 (it broke) and I got another one in about 2003 which I still have but my evil sister has stolen it. It still works though. A true fighter.

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
Happy birthday PS2... In fact I'm going to hug mine right now... Then probably play it... Or admire it...

EDIT:Awesome ps2 ad:

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
Generic_Dave said:
[EDIT] Oh...and I'm gonna throw in wee argument starter, Shadow Of the Colossus was THE best game to grace the system. Bar none.
Gotta go with Ico, but Shadow of the Colossus is top 5.

OT - Happy birthday, PS2!

Generic_Dave

Prelate Invigilator
Jul 15, 2009
Chipperz said:
Generic_Dave said:
[EDIT] Oh...and I'm gonna throw in wee argument starter, Shadow Of the Colossus was THE best game to grace the system. Bar none.
Gotta go with Ico, but Shadow of the Colossus is top 5.

OT - Happy birthday, PS2!
I got a lend of Ico after I played Shadow and couldn't get into it...I played for about and hour and interest...dunno why...

Maybe it was the lack of a horse...I loved that horse...Argo how I miss you.

Delock

Mar 4, 2009
Generic_Dave said:
Man, that makes me feel old...I had a launch PS2, it gave up the ghost about 3 years ago...but still...it got me through the Junior and Leaving Cert and served as the entertainment system in the 8 or 9 different places I rented in between ages 18 and 24...

PS2 I salute thee!

No, it was THE best game of all the last gen.

Happy birthday PS2, you glorious console. Now stop trying to assassinate your younger brother (I know the whole PS3pocalypse was his fault).

tinkyyy

Nov 17, 2008
Generic_Dave said:
I have just started playing that game through again, I had forgotten how amazing it was.

Apr 28, 2008
Wow... 10 years...
Happy B-day PS2!

And its still going. No small feat.

Ratchet and Clank and Jak and Daxter were my favorite games on the console.

Beardon65

Jul 16, 2009
Happy Birthday. Never saw a console make it 10 years. I grew up on it since I was 4.

To be honest, if this was the gamecube or the Original Xbox, I'd be screaming on the top of my lungs about why it just wouldn't die. Cheers.

shadowsandwich

Jan 6, 2010
i love the ps2 beacuse it had the last actualy good crash bandicoot game on it (a platformer not some crappy 3d battle.... thing) *sniff* i miss crash bandicoot as a platformer
anyway happy birthday ps2

viking97

Jan 23, 2010
you were my first console ps2, glad to see you did so well!

i loved that thing so much, my brother got an xbox and it broke last year!my ps2 still going strong tho!