Happy 10th Birthday, PlayStation 2

ItsAChiaotzu

Apr 20, 2009
Chech said:
I miss my PS2 - I find it hard to believe that it's 10 years old though. I got my in 2002 (it broke) and I got another one in about 2003 which I still have but my evil sister has stolen it. It still works though. A true fighter.
I like your avatar.

Ps2 is easily my favourite console, for one thing, I've never been fucking noobtubed in Jak and Daxter.

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
Here's to the console that got me back into home gaming after a decade-long hiatus. Happy birthday, PS2!

stok3r

Dec 23, 2009
Happy Birthday PS2! My favorite console! You can be assured that I will never sell you or abandon you! I will continue to play games on you, even if more recent models are better looking and more popular, as you get old and wrinkled, lines appearing in your face, your body sagging, memory fading. I do not care about looks or your fading ability in bed, I will play you until the day I die!

Will you marry me?

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
SnootyEnglishman said:
*blows whistle* Lets have an epic party for a very epic gaming console..I'll bring the booze and cake.
I think I have some hash lying around.... everyone meet in the fields in Waddington/Lincoln/England

ohellynot

Jun 26, 2008
Jaranja said:
Legendary Console, no doubt about it.
And they still are making new games for it that arn't shitty film tie ins:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Silent-Hill-Shattered-Memories-PS2/dp/B002M78KVA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1267725091&sr=8-2

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
huh...

Soooo does that mean that the 10-year life cycle that Sony keeps raving about is now over for the PS2?

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
10 years and it's still one of the best consoles around.Perhaps not in hardware.But in the enjoyability of the games factor.

Otterpoet

Jun 6, 2008
Happy Birthday PS2! You've had an amazing run thus far. Hope to see you at your 15th!

Brain_Cleanser

Dec 18, 2009
Bloody hell, with the SNES being almost 20, I'm really feeling old at this point.
19 is not old!

Though with the amount of time I've sunk into that thing, I guess I should be happpy, even if jack's comming out for it anymore and I just updated to it's big brother.
It's worth noting I only buy the slims of the PS systems.

Otterpoet said:
Happy Birthday PS2! You've had an amazing run thus far. Hope to see you at your 15th!
Well, duh we're gonna see a 15th birthday of it (Unless the PS2 has planned obsolescence and self destructs soon). But i think the PS2's run its course of releases unless we're gonna start getting ReALLY obscure Japanese titles.

Hashbrick

Mar 20, 2009
Tens years later and my the ***** still runs, meanwhile I've been through 4 360s. That's saying something about life-time of an electrical product and the quality of the craftsmanship.

Stormz

Jul 4, 2009
Happy birthday to one of the best systems ever. I still love to play mine and find myself buying new games for it all the time.

Niveama

Mar 23, 2009
My launch day PS2 is still happy to play should it be asked tho these days it's pretty much just a dvd player.

The amount of hours I played on that awesome machine is mindblowing.

Happy Birthday.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Please come back to me, I shouldn't have given you back to my ex. I'll treat you so much better, I promise.

Anyway, I seriously didn't think it was this long.