Happy 'Straya Day, Aussies!

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Antitonic said:
Bloody holiday. Make people think they're entitled to a day off, leaving me to do extra work. I'm not even sure if I get paid any differently...

Other than that, yay Australia! Although, can we come up with something new to chant, rather than "Oi Oi Oi"? It's too much like "USA! USA!" for my tastes...
but I thourght we WERE technically entitled to it....

anyway it feels so frgging weird having to go to work tomorrow...

Antitonic

Enlightened Dispenser Of Truth!
Feb 4, 2010
Vault101 said:
Antitonic said:
Bloody holiday. Make people think they're entitled to a day off, leaving me to do extra work. I'm not even sure if I get paid any differently...

Other than that, yay Australia! Although, can we come up with something new to chant, rather than "Oi Oi Oi"? It's too much like "USA! USA!" for my tastes...
but I thourght we WERE technically entitled to it....

anyway it feels so frgging weird having to go to work tomorrow...
Not unless everyone can have the day off. Although, I guess you still need emergency services, lifeguards, etc...

Me, bitter? Perish the thought!
Meh, I'm used to working holidays. It's all good. :D

Dec 14, 2009
Australia day you say?

*sips tea*

Hmmm, sounds like a bad idea to me. Don't want to start giving the colonials any ideas now, do we?

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Pft, if you'd had done a better job of holding down the Americas, you could have kept sending convicts there and not bothered with Australia at all.

Actually, they've got the highest amount of prisoners there at the moment, might not be room to import any more, nevermind.

manic_depressive13

Dec 28, 2008
I went to the corner shops only to discover everything was closed because it was a public holiday. Fuck Australia and its stupid rising intonation.

Nunny

Aug 22, 2009
Not sure which i dislike more, over patriotic crap with flags on everything with slight racist undertones or the invasion day bullshit that pops up every Australia day.

Realy needs to stick to the basics of just an excuse for a day off to hang with mates around a BBQ with beers in hand.

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
Over 40 degress with spots of rain. I have seen fireworks before. I skipped them this year. I just enjoyed the public holiday with friends. Happy Australia Day!

Still Life

Sep 22, 2010
For.I.Am.Mad said:
Is mobbing your PM the norm on 'Straya Day?
To those people it's known colloquially as 'Survival', or 'Invasion' day; I believe they were after Tony Abbott, though.

Hipsy_Gypsy

Jun 2, 2011
You know, this reminded me of my favourite conditioner, Aussie (makes your hair soooo soft and smelling of lovely, delicious peaches), wishing Australia a "Happy Aussie-versary".

As awful as the pun was, it made me giggle with glee.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Daystar Clarion said:
RhombusHatesYou said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Hmmm, sounds like a bad idea to me. Don't want to start giving the colonials any ideas now, do we?
Fuck off, you're not even properly girt by sea.
We aren't?

Britian is an island nation.
'Cept for it's not a nation... unless you mean the UK, in which case you're going to have to get some proper girting done between Northern Ireland and Eire.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Also, Gibraltar is glued to Iberia, might need to pull that off and float it into the Med.

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
Yeah 'Straya Day! I didn't even realize what day it was until about 6PM on when the news showed Julia Gillard being tackled over some stupid argument.