SteelStallion said:
I'm going to throw this out there;

Diablo II > Deus Ex

Come and get me, boys.
Diablo 2 sits atop my top ten list so you'll get no complaints from me

It's the only game i've never stopped playing

Best music in the game

Barbarian and Sorcerous were my favourites

Not made for Diablo 2 originally but one of the best pieces of videogame music ever

That music brings back memorys.....so many memorys......dear god i want to play it again now.

I always liked playing as a Necromancer with an army of skeletons or as a Barbarian with wirlwind. I remember how many Baal runs i used to do.

Tiamat666

Level 80 Legendary Postlord
Dec 4, 2007
Being somewhat drawn to the dark side, I always played the Necromancer, which is probably one of the hardest classes to play because the skeletons you can summon suck balls and the ghost lance-thingy spell gets progressively weaker as your opponents get stronger. But along came the iron golem, reflecting 200% damage and after that it's just a matter of getting enemies to hit it instead of you.

I actually played this game well into Hell difficuilty (3rd replay). I think my Necro was about level 74 when I finally stopped.

Rapsolja

Apr 2, 2010
Ahh diablo 2, a game that i still play that i played in my childgood. my first char was a barbarian, leved'd with my frind that was a sorc and completed the game online. the barbarien became lvl 52, then i rerolled a necro, Wow that was Alot of fun and i master'd the class. i became lvl 99 with Full NEcro gear... i still play that game, Its like a part of me, god I love it. I remember when my mom bought it for me, i was like 5, she bought it for me on the realse date... had it since. 10 years has past, and...WHERE THE FUCK IS MY DIABLO 3 BLIZZ!!!

Tom Phoenix

Mar 28, 2009
I will be honest. While I enjoyed playing Diablo II, it was the least of my favourites among Blizzard franchises. The amount of clicking and the rather monotonous texture just ended up making the gameplay feel bland.

That said, I am nevertheless immensely looking forward to Diablo III, partially beacuse they seem to be placing a greater emphasis on the use of special abilities as opposed to just mashing buttons. Plus, I intend to play a caster, which might help reduce the amount of clicking, and the scenery looks a lot more varied and vivid than before.

poiuppx

Nov 17, 2009
Ahh, Diablo II. Can't even tally the number of hours I lost to that gem. Happy birthday, you soul-sucking time sink of joy and looting.

thisbymaster

Sep 10, 2008
And in two more months it will be a year sense the last update about D3. blizzard has more money then god, just hire some more people and get it together.

Infinatex

BLAM!Headshot?!
May 19, 2009
Yeeeeew! Happy Birthday Diablo! Awesome game, and it's still in my regular rotation. Poison Nerco FTW!

Azure Sky

Dec 17, 2009
Always played a Paladin or an Assassin (Kicksin ftw as an early-game force of god)

While I played it for many many years, I dunno about #III...
From what I have seen it looks like it is borrowing heavily from WoW...

I just hope to god it makes as big of an impact as #II ^.^

PPB

May 25, 2009
I vividly remember the first time I saw this game. I hadn't played the first Diablo, and one of my friends was super excited about Diablo 2. I went to his place and he showed it to me. He was a paladin in Act 2 and had one of those crystal swords and I thought that looked awesome. Then he wanted to show me the city but didn't have any town portals on him so he ran there and I thought "damn, the world is really huge".

I bought it a few weeks later and that was just the beginning a long story. I think I played it regularly until 2006. What I really liked about it is that you could play for 15 minutes and still feel like you had made some progress. Also, with 99 levels, 3 difficulty settings and a nearly unlimited pool of items to find, the game felt like it could go on forever.

I tried playing it again last autumn, but couldn't get into it. I think it's the kind of game that simply didn't age very well. I'm not talking about the visuals (I still think they're really fine, except perhaps for the character sprites), but about the gameplay itself. It just seemed too simplistic by today's standards, especially when your target build lifts off.

Racthoh

Feb 9, 2009
I don't know how many times I would start up and stop playing Diablo II over time. I loved playing a summon necromancer, but that only really became fun if you had an Enigma for teleporting (stupid skeletons getting stuck).

PPB said:
I tried playing it again last autumn, but couldn't get into it. I think it's the kind of game that simply didn't age very well. I'm not talking about the visuals (I still think they're really fine, except perhaps for the character sprites), but about the gameplay itself. It just seemed too simplistic by today's standards, especially when your target build lifts off.
Which difficulty setting did you get to? Things can get pretty intense on Hell at first.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Diablo 2 is ten.

Well, time to play the best "Diablo-style" game.

*goes to play Torchlight*
Amen to that. I never played Diablo or Diablo II, but Torchlight I am enjoying very much.

Dommyboy

Jul 20, 2008
I enjoyed my Druid with its hurricanes and the pet bear - that bear was lethal - always soloed the ancients for me.

sanzo

Jan 21, 2009
I still play to this day, and necro is still my fav. Just sit back and let my minions do the dirty work for me :D

UltimatheChosen

Mar 6, 2009
To those who are still chomping at the bit over Diablo 3...

The Diablo 2 mod Median XL [http://modsbylaz.hugelaser.com/] is extremely enjoyable and creative. I highly recommend it.

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
Wow, I've been playing Diablo for 10 years already?

My favorite class? Werebear Sorceress. Come on. A sorc that turns into a bear and hits for 88k damage? Solo Ubers? No problem.

I still play to this day. Actually I played about 2 hours ago.

_Janny_

Mar 6, 2008
That is one awesome picture at the top, anyone have a bigger version?

Oh, and happy bday Diablo 2! The game ate up so many hours of my life. Totally worth it though.

Exocet

Pandamonium is at hand
Dec 3, 2008
Necromancer 4 life

I remember my first playthrough where I was afraid to face the Act1 boss fear of being utterly destroyed,so I farmed to level 18 and made as many fire bolt throwing mage skeletons as possible and zerg rushed her.Good times,bad drop.***** never dropped anything nice.

Here's to hoping for the massive success of Diablo 3.

Mar 30, 2010
Really? Ten years already? Ugh, cheers for making me feel old. Still, many happy memories of wading through hordes of monsters, the tendons in my mousehand screaming for the madness to stop. Maybe that's why Blizzard have taken so long with Diablo III - they're terrified by the thought of all the lawsuits from gamers crippled by CTS!

RaphaelsRedemption

Eats With Her Mouth Full
May 3, 2010
Gildan Bladeborn said:
I was always a Barbarian - duel wielding broadswords, whee! But while I found the game quite enjoyable for a while, Diablo 2 is one of the few games I literally got so angry at that I never finished playing.

Well that's not strictly accurate - I'd actually made it almost all the way through the expansion before some calamity or other struck my computer, and it was my second character, remade in the image of my first that made me so mad I swore off the game. See, I REALLY didn't like the bit where the game treated a single-player campaign like it was an MMO, making saving a non-existent gameplay aspect; if you wanted to save your progress, you had to quit the game, and any calamity that struck your character was thus permanent.

This was not usually a problem, but you only have to die once, die while trying to retrieve your corpse, log out in frustration so your corpse (minus all the money it was carrying) appears back in town only to find it's the corpse of your character carrying none of your actual gear because this is the instance of you that died the second time... to provoke a stream of extemporaneous profanity and greatly elevated blood pressure. Your stuff is basically who you are and the game just STOLE it by refusing to let me BLOODY SAVE MY GAME YOU BASTARDS RAAARRRR!!!!

Years later I tried to play the game again when I saw Blizzard had released patches removing the copy protection, but - through some odd quick of my hardware at the time - attempting to play the game would work fine for precisely 5 minutes, and then it would physically power off my computer. When it happened the first time I thought it was an isolated glitch, but times 2-4 illustrated that no, it was definitely the game somehow - Blizzard didn't want me to forgive the game after all these years it seemed.
It's not that hard to get around. Open a town portal before a fight. That's what they're for, and the thing is to remember. It's the only way to get around the lack of in-game saves.

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
RaphaelsRedemption said:
It's not that hard to get around. Open a town portal before a fight. That's what they're for, and the thing is to remember. It's the only way to get around the lack of in-game saves.
That only really helps if you can escape your impending doom, and the fact that tactics like that might be required says everything it needs to about how stupid making people "retrieve their corpses" in a 2d action RPG they are not playing online is. Corpse retrieval is just a horrible gameplay concept in general.