HARDEST ACHIEVEMENT YOU EVER GOT.

FinalHeart95

Jun 29, 2009
Rockhound - inFamous
It wasn't really difficult, but I had to basically live off of a map online to find a 350 shards. It was a major pain in the ass.

There's also Annual from Halo 3.

theblackmonk90 said:
Halo Reach Solo campaign on Legendary. Was satisfying to complete that one.
I spent 2 and a half hours on Nightfall on Legendary.
I salute you sir. And anyone else who has pulled this off.

Demon_Cow

Aug 16, 2009
Easily "Zombie Genocider" in the original Dead Rising. Not particularly hard, once you figure out how to farm the maintenance tunnels, but it still took me hours of non-stop killing.

QuadFish

God Damn Sorcerer
Dec 25, 2010
Don said:
QuadFish said:
The ending of One Shot, One Kill. Oh my god, that was hard. But it was so satisfying to run to the heli and nearly get killed with MacMillan on my back.

(Although I once took too long and the heli flew off, making me yell "FFUUUUUUU-" before restarting, AGAIN.)
Oh yes - I hated that on Hard and have never done past that level on anything above normal
Once you work out the best spots and some other tricks like how to shoot the guys dropping out of the helis, you can do it. I reckon the other side of the fence near the bumper cars is best. You get grenade spammed to hell in an effort to flush you out, but there's only one entrance.

It's still incredibly difficult, but doable.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
gjendemsjo said:
Mass Effect 2 on insanity.

The first collector ship...

So
many
deaths...

same only i thought the tali recruitment mission was harder sooo many deaths

CRAVE CASE 55

Jan 2, 2009
zarix2311 said:
Platinum for fallout 3/ new Vegas, just really, really long
Fallout 3 was easy besides the Steel Ingots from The Pitt which im proud to say i got without a guide

CRAVE CASE 55

Jan 2, 2009
Don said:
I'd possibly have to say the "One in a Million" achievement from Battlefield Bad Company; I suppose it would have been easy to get on multiplayer if I had friends to be kind enough to hover the helicopter for me, but most of them did't have BFBC; I managed to get it through some freak chance on the last mission against the Legionnaire's KA-50 and to this day I still have no idea how I managed to time it so perfectly. For those of you who've never played BFBC, the achievement in question involves hitting a helicopter with a laser-guided bomb... Tried it for hours on the previous level with no joy.

On the subject of helicopters, I am currently trying to down the 2 Mi-8 Hips with on Valkyrie for the "Double Whammy" on CoD Black Ops - any suggestions on how to make it physically doable? I've tried for about 45 minutes and never come close because they keep being total jerks and flying away as soon as one gets hit.
I did this on the mission in the monestary on hard it was quite east actualy.

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
So far my hardest one was "The one free bullet" for Half Life 2 Episode 1

rastlin1985

Sep 16, 2009
Quite proud of my 100% achievements for dead space. I didn't find the hardest difficulty one that bad, it was the asteroid shooting game that was really tough!

Ocoton

Sep 25, 2010
I got laid. No, seriously, I don't pay any mind to achievements, so the only thing that comes to mind is solo legendary on reach.

TomLikesGuitar

Jul 6, 2010
Angus Young said:
zarix2311 said:
Fallout 3 was easy besides the Steel Ingots from The Pitt which im proud to say i got without a guide
Wait... you're proud to say that?

You just wasted time on a boring fetch quest... that's nothing to be proud of.

OT: Jordan on Expert on Guitar Hero 2 is probably the hardest achievement I can think of.

zarix2311

Dec 15, 2010
Angus Young said:
zarix2311 said:
Yes, it was easy. I said it took a really long time.

Ashcrexl

May 27, 2009
since i'm a huge pussy, the hardest trophy i've ever gotten is yatta! from sonic's ultimate gensis collection. and of course, the resulting platinum.

MetalMaz

Jan 12, 2011
Sacrificial Lamb on Black Ops. It's my last trophy before I get the platinum and it's driving me insane. My brother promised to help me but he's really, really, really bad at zombies, and the random box hates me, I'm not kidding (pistol-dual pistol-ballistic knife-pistol-ballistic knife-shotgun-pistol-box moves)...

Panipal2005

Mar 20, 2009
Another vote for Mass Effect 2 Insanity mode...stuck on the final boss battle because whoever I choose as companions, they completely fail to keep Harbinger off my back. They get killed repeatedly, using up my medigel (I'm actually lucky enough to have 8 as well), then I have to try and solo Harbinger and always just get ****ing killed.

Katana314

Oct 4, 2007
I'd say Batman: Arkham Asylum's 100%-completion achievement. It's the only game where I've gotten EVERY single achievement.