Hardest and Easiest Ocarina of Time Temple?

Spaghetti

Goes Well With Pesto
Sep 2, 2009
Easiest was probably the Great Deku Tree. I thought the Forest Temple was probably the hardest. I remember it the best because I felt like it was a swift kick to the balls after the first three temples. It was suddenly a step above the first three dungeons and certainly alot more menacing.

Auninteligentname

Jun 12, 2011
The water temple is easily the hardest, or at least the most annoying temple.
The Fire temple is the easiest and funnest.

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
most will say Water Temple - me included

Deku Tree, Dodongo's Caver and Jabu Jabu's Belly aren't Temples but even so, easiest would be Shadow. love Bongo Bongo though

LordXel

Sep 25, 2010
Easiest: Great Deku Tree. When you play the game several times it gets really predictable here. Gohma is terribly easy.

Hardest: Forest Temple. I keep getting confused with the corridor twist and can't find some of the keys. Water Temple is fine if you beat it in one go and it was a breeze in Master Quest.

Jason Danger Keyes

Mar 4, 2009
I had literally no problem with the water temple, but the shadow temple was a *****. I could never figure out that room with the boss key with the spiked walls that close in, it was like a month before I gave up and checked online to find out you're supposed to burn them with Din's fire. Ugh.

My favourite was always Ganon's tower, because I got to duel tons of dark nuts and pick up and throw building-sized rocks.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
The Water Temple is universally reviled by most people, myself included. It wasn't necessarily hard, it was just annoying. No matter how many times I played through the game, and had it memorized I would always get lost in that damn water temple at one point or another. Now mind you that it's been about a decade since I've been able to play the game all the way through, but I think the easiest one for me was usually the forest temple.

... the hell?

chromewarriorXIII

The One with the Cake
Oct 17, 2008
Sean Hollyman said:
Btw how do i change my name and title thing? I'm new
Your title can only be changed if you are a Publisher's Club member (which is $20 a year for a bunch of features and no ads). Not sure how you change your name though. You can always PM a mod about it.

OT: It's been forever since I played OoT but I remember having the most trouble in the Shadow and Forest temple. That and the Spirit temple because I didn't realize you were supposed to forward and backward in time.

MisterM2402

Nov 19, 2009
DEFINITELY NOT the Water Temple XD I honestly don't see what was so hard about it. Yeah, changing the water level over and over was a ***** and Dark Link was a little tricky (until you figured out the proper strategy), but overall, I don't think it was the "hardest".

I think all the dungeons have just the right amount of challenge, but if I had to pick one for most challenging, it'd probably be Shadow Temple or Forest Temple (most of that is down to having to work up the courage for years and years to face Wall Masters :p).

Hardest ("most annoying" rather than "hardest", really): Shadow or Forest
Easiest: Dodongo's Cavern (if you discount Inside The Great Deku Tree for being like a tutorial dungeon)

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Easiest: Deku Tree, since it only has around three enemies and the boss can be killed in a few hits of the Deku Stick.

Hardest: Shadow Temple. THOSE FUCKING FLOORMASTERS. THAT FUCKING LENS OF TRUTH.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
chromewarriorXIII said:
Sean Hollyman said:
Your title can only be changed if you are a Publisher's Club member (which is $20 a year for a bunch of features and no ads). Not sure how you change your name though. You can always PM a mod about it.

OT: It's been forever since I played OoT but I remember having the most trouble in the Shadow and Forest temple. That and the Spirit temple because I didn't realize you were supposed to forward and backward in time.
Oh ok :3

It actually pretty much told you that you had to come back as a child in there..

ZRendZ

Jun 9, 2011
Easiest: Dogongo cave
Hardest: Shadow temple mainly because you need to time yourself at certain points and partially contradictory to my icon I'm pretty slow irl
Although navigating through the forest temple was incredibly annoying as well...

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
DustyDrB said:
Easiest: Jabu-Jabu's Belly
Hardest: Shadow Temple (I die a lot from being knocked off of platforms).

Edit: Well...Great Deku Tree is really the easiest, but that's sort of a given.
Are the first three temples? I think he is only talking about after link is an adult.

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
Easiest, Dodongo's Cavern. To be honest, Great Deku Tree was simple, but it felt like it was a tutorial for everything and Dodongo's was the first REAL temple in my mind. That and the King Dodongo was an easier boss than the Gohma(?) or whichever from the Deku Tree.

Hardest is always the Forest Temple or the Fire Temple, cant really decide. I get lost easily at what Im doing in the Forest Temple, but the Fire Temple has a lot of annoying timed switches, annoying platforming and a much harder boss than Phantom Ganon.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
The easiest for me would have to be the Spirit Temple. (Out of the five dungeons you go to as Adult Link)

While many say that the hardest one is the Water Temple, I have to disagree. While it is kind of tedious and challenging at points, I don't think it's the hardest one. I have to say the hardest temple for me was the Shadow Temple. In fact, it really isn't so much hard as it is annoying. Mostly because it's very easy to get knocked off the platforms and into pits. Not to mention there's one room in which there's a fireball that flings towards you, and you only have a split second to block it before you get hit. Which I find really annoying. And if you die at the boss, you have to make your way through the whole temple again. Including the damned boat ride.

Seriously, I almost gave up on the game due to how annoying that temple was. Thankfully, Gerudo Valley and the Spirit Temple weren't nearly as annoying and were in fact, pretty fun.

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
Sean Hollyman said:
Which temples in Ocarina Of Time did you find the hardest and easiest?

The hardest for me was The Water Temple, with the Forest Temple a close second.

Spirit and Fire Temples were really easy.
I'm sure I'll be accused of copping out, but the final dungeon/labyrinth/temple/whatever the kids are calling it these days (where's my cane?) gave me more grief than even the Water Temple. I didn't find the Spirit Temple or either of the Fire levels to be too easy. Only the first level was easy at all; in fact, Ocarina stands alone in the series because truly none of the levels are terribly easy, and even the first level requires the player to be creative.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Canid117 said:
DustyDrB said:
Easiest: Jabu-Jabu's Belly
Hardest: Shadow Temple (I die a lot from being knocked off of platforms).

Edit: Well...Great Deku Tree is really the easiest, but that's sort of a given.
Are the first three temples? I think he is only talking about after link is an adult.
People use "dungeons" and "temples" interchangeably when referring to Zelda games. They both serve the same purpose, anyway. I don't see any real need to separate them.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Sean Hollyman said:
I sort of cheated in the Twilight Princess Water Temple, once I got the boss key I just jumped off a ledge and landed on the boss platform :3

I'm not sure about names, but I know you have to be a member of the Publisher's Club to change your title. Which costs some amount of money.