Hardest final boss you've ever fought?

JLML

Feb 18, 2010
Hard to say.. Think it'll have to be a draw between the mask (LoZ:MM), damned 3 formed thing was so hard to beat without the "cheat" mask xD (it was to OP to not be a cheat if you ask me =P) and Dark Samus in Metroid Prime 3.. dammit, after you beat it it possess a giant machine that annoys the shit out of me =.=" (the worst part is that they reuse all the bosses from the previous games.. ok, not literally, but if you compare the bosses, there will always be one with the same attack pattern and weakness in another of the games. Metroid Prime (first form) and Emperor Ing anyone?)

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
Ddgafd said:
Dr. Nefarious in Ratchet & Clank 3. I mean, HOLY SHIT. And as an added bonus, you gotta fight his huge robot with boomerang missiles or something using the flimsy hovership.
Yeah but the robot was so easy it was embarassing. My hardest final boss is probably The Guy from I Wanna be The Guy. Come on guys I dare you to try and fight him. Assuming of course you can get to him.

Rarhnor

Jun 2, 2010
Lou, Guitar Hero 3 0_0

I tried ""!#¤%&/¤ times, and i only JUST cleared him, at hard difficulty

LaughingAtlas

Nov 18, 2009
Ares, God of War 1. I only died around 2 times, but I was doing that shared healthbar battle bit for roughly 45 minutes straight. (Not the world's chief button masher)

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Dark Link from Zelda 2.
That's assuming you don't pussy out and beat him using the corner trick.

I have actually beaten him in legitimate single combat, but holy balls is it hard.

onewheeled

Aug 4, 2009
The second form of Ansem in Kingdom Hearts. It's not quite the final boss, but damn it, it was the hardest out of them all.

Haro

May 27, 2009
Gears of War, General Raam, insane difficulty, no co-op.

Took me a very long time, and I had to get really good with the torque bow.

imaloony

Nov 19, 2009
I haven't faced many tough bosses, but I'd have to go with the Supreme Hunter from Prototype. That guy was really intimidating, he had a devestator, the military wouldn't come with tanks you could use on him in this fight, and the helicopters were useless. It was a really tough battle, but it was cool as all hell.

Draithx

Jul 8, 2009
Probably The Guy from I wanna be the guy or one of the final bosses from the Touhou series.
Found some of the bosses mentioned here (Archdemon, Nyx for example) really easy actually.

Ih8pkmn

Apr 20, 2010
Princess Shroob, from Mario and Luigi: Partners in time. It came out back in 06 and i STILL have yet to beat that royal ***** and her sister!

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
Well, I'm no strategist. I guess the prefinal boss from Dungeon Siege 2 & the spinning cube boss from Psychonaughts gave me the most anxiety.

ugore

Jun 10, 2010
the final boss in tales of eternia... i ended up locking myself away in my room with no distractions just to beat em >.>

The DSM

Apr 18, 2009
Persona 3

Nyx 14 attack patterns, uses every element, meaning at some stage your A.I team mates are dying, so you use SP/items healing them, and youll run out, you have to have defences from EVERYTHING or you will die, oh and if you get lucky crited by an attack, have fun doing again.. lots of bosses can auto-kill you if they get a lucky crit, especially if it hits multiple times.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
imaloony said:
I haven't faced many tough bosses, but I'd have to go with the Supreme Hunter from Prototype. That guy was really intimidating, he had a devestator, the military wouldn't come with tanks you could use on him in this fight, and the helicopters were useless. It was a really tough battle, but it was cool as all hell.
Probably this. Any boss that ha a one hit kill move is really annoying but when you add in other guys shooting at you, a time limit that wont let you use the surprising useful, whittle him down strategy and The fact that he has huge life and will kick your ass six ways from Sunday with his attacks... it's just not fair.

I killed him be using a small exploit, there's a slashing blades attack that deals good damage and also keeps him distracted long enough for you to do it again. Just spamming one move and hoping you don't die during the process is the only way I can see to beat him. Hard mode for this guy must be really scary.