Hardest Moment in Gaming that you have managed?

hansomesolo

Jul 26, 2011
My hardest achievment?

Completing Muzutaki wheel in less that 1:40 to get the achievment on Doritos Crash Course. Bacause I am an achievment whore.

SeanSeanston

Dec 22, 2010
For me... what comes to mind is...

Getting the invincibility cheat on Facility in Goldeneye. That was frustrating... and repetitive... and exacting... and even if you did it perfectly up to the lab area, Dr. Doak had to be in the right place or it was over.

Nightmonger

Jul 1, 2010
Getting past the bloody librarians level on Metro 2033 I mean jesus christ it takes like half the ammo you have to kill 1 and thats if you headshot every single time those things just were not funny... Dont even get me started on those slime ball things i mean ffs

BTW this was on normal

Ethan Asia

Aug 22, 2011
Fighting the handmaiden Echani chicks in KoTOR 2 was terrifying for me. I poured all my points into intelligence, persuade and wisdom (along with the various other pussy traits).

I got 'em though. Stupid Echani.

Danzavare

Oct 17, 2010
Shanicus said:
Playing through Oblivion with the difficulty bar on maximum - even with a full suit of Daedric gear and 100 blade skill I get destroyed by anything bigger then a wolf. Considering I'm level 20ish now, there are Ogres and Minotaurs everywhere, just waiting to ruin my day.

Also, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Elite four (Level 63+ enemies with a team of barely 50s) or Ultimate Pokemon Challenge Rattata in Fire Red.

Finally, Dragon Age: Origins Warden & Alistair only squad.

These three things are equally challenging, though the Pokemon and DA:O ones are at least completable.
I decided to play on the hard difficulty as my third Oblivion character. Sadly, this was the same character where I chose my most used skills as my majors. I had speechcraft, alchemy and basic acrobatics, I was 20-something before I had any real battle skills. Mountain lions could insta-kill me. ;_;

Invisibility and lots of paralysis got me through that game.

I tend to block out most painful game experiences. Generally fighting game bosses that rely on long combos or blocking frustrate me, it's just not my habit to do either of those things. D:

MeatMachine

Dr. Stan Gray
May 31, 2011
Killing Floor, Hell on Earth difficulty as a Lv. 6 Medic on a team of 4 Berserkers and a Sharpshooter. ALL were dead before the Patriarch even used his second syringe... and I still won by tossing a deterance grenade when I had 12hp left and was running for my life.

xbox hero

Jun 6, 2011
Gabanuka said:
I took on Skeletron by myself with no potions and only 150 health. like a boss
I like taht your avatar is an old grand dad from the simpsons :D
Mine is going to be Dark souls,but if not that then gears of war 1 on insane...Alone,forever....And my beating my friend at tekken,he is SO fucking good!

teutonicman

Mar 30, 2009
CuteRocketeer said:
Gears of War 3 on Insane. Thats a lot of hours I'll never get back.
Definitely the biggest pain for me was defending the gas station roof in Act 3. A really good trick I found was giving your team mates boomshots, INFINITE BOOMS!

Stealthygamer

Apr 25, 2010
Splinter Cell Conviction Iraq mission on veteran

IT'S A FUCKING STEALTH GAME NOT GEARS OF WAR

I CAN'T TAKE ALL THESE BULLETS TO THE FACE

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Flunk said:
I got an A+ Rating on every single stage and mission in Sonic Adventure 2. I don't no why, but it does unlock a 3D version of Green Hill zone that's pretty cool.
I loved that 3D greenhill zone...

OT: Broly on Dragonball Z Tenkaichi. It was a long time ago, so it might not have been as hard as I remember, but I hated that fucker...

Psychedelic Spartan

Sep 15, 2011
I don't know if this kind of moment is what you're talking about but I'd have to say, in Black Ops, 2 kills, 1 bullet with the Dragunov.

Slenn

Cosplaying Nuclear Physicist
Nov 19, 2009
Let's see... Armored Core Silent Line. It's pretty dang fun, and I love making my floating robot design all the time.
Beating Diablo 2 on Normal with just Lightning as a Sorceress.
And then beating Nightmare difficulty with Lightning AND Frost. I still can't believe I beat Duriel on that difficulty without dying.

And for the record, I've almost beaten Touhou 6 on Normal with no continues. Got Remelia down to her final spell card that makes her immune to spell cards and stuff. I wish I could save state that stuff.

Ariseishirou

Aug 24, 2010
I'm not sure which was harder: the run up to the Reichstag in WaW on Veteran, or Mile High Club on Veteran. At one point running up to the Reichstag there was a grenade indicator from every direction of the map. PRESS R2!!!! IMO, MW2 and Blops weren't anywhere near as hard (though Blops had its moments).

Also, I beat Demon's Souls at Soul Level 30 ;3 Ranged FTW.

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
All Gold Medals on the GTA: San Andreas Driving School side missions, completing Myth II's 'The Stair of Grief' mission on Legendary and completing the old Warcraft III map 'Burbenog TD' on Expert.

Fearzone

Boyz! Boyz! Boyz!
Dec 3, 2008
Hardest was removing copy protection from Microsoft Flight Simulator for the original Macintosh. That coding was a total mess.

More recently beating Twin Sisters on Outland took me a couple of days. My nerves must be shot. That one fight took me longer than all of the rest of the game, and much longer than any other boss fight ever.

Heh heh heh--that and getting a mob in Alterac Valley to actually do what I told them to do for victory over the alliance.

The Riff

Aug 23, 2008
Completing High mile club on veteran! I had to replay that mission that i know how to beat it now in my head as a step by step. It took me almost 3-4 hours replaying that and with breaks inbetween so that i didnt break the controler or the tv.