Harsh Lessons

Jan 12, 2012
Is anyone else seeing "That Freelancer Feel", the comic about invoicing from last week? The title is changed to "Harsh Lessons", and the blurb is intact (including the EDA comic), but the actual Critical Miss is not correct.

doggy go 7

Jul 28, 2010
Thunderous Cacophony said:
Is anyone else seeing "That Freelancer Feel", the comic about invoicing from last week? The title is changed to "Harsh Lessons", and the blurb is intact (including the EDA comic), but the actual Critical Miss is not correct.
Yep, I've got that too, I was very confused. Presumably they'll fix it soon enough, must've just uploaded the wrong file (which is reasonable seeing as their technology seems to have fucked them pretty hard this week)

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Thunderous Cacophony said:
Same here. Coulda sworn it's been happening the past three strips.

RossaLincoln

Feb 4, 2014
Hi Guys,

Sorry for any confusion. Grey and Cory were definitely affected by tech issues, and the post has been updated and corrected. Thanks! - Ross Lincoln

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
That reminds me so much of one of my friends in LoL.
I don't play with him anymore, I don't play LoL at all to be honest, it was really interesting to see how one person can turn 4 other people against each other xD

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
So wait, I'm confused: is Erin that one mage with fire floating over hands? Then why doesn't SHE do something about the hook-chain-throwing troll in the background, huh? Who's useless now?!

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Darth_Payn said:
So wait, I'm confused: is Erin that one mage with fire floating over hands? Then why doesn't SHE do something about the hook-chain-throwing troll in the background, huh? Who's useless now?!
That's the joke.

Dec 14, 2009
Darth_Payn said:
Lina can't deal with Pudge, Pudge eats mages like Lina for breakfast.

Like, literally.

He literally eats other players

Kededro

Nov 18, 2009
Darth_Payn said:
No, she's the hunched over dude in the left side of the panel. You can tell by the username (if you know Dota's heroes).

actar411

Apr 14, 2010
I like how the "Road to 2kMMR" is just Ilya Bryzgalov. "Why you hef to be mad? Is only game."

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
When I'm doing the healing, I always tell myself I should let the idiot hunter/mage die. It is the only way they will learn. But I can never bring myself to let them do that.

"You die on my command! Not before!"

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I liked the look of that other comic of yours and for that strip, I feel that is quite relatable for me for some reason.

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
Last week must have been a bad week for computers, I had a PSU go last Monday. Until I can replace it I have no idea what else may have died with it.

Amir Kondori

Apr 11, 2013
Please setup a RAID 1 volume for your production machines, as a single drive failure will not prevent you from continuing your work.

Alleged_Alec

Sep 2, 2008
Muspelheim said:
When I'm doing the healing, I always tell myself I should let the idiot hunter/mage die. It is the only way they will learn. But I can never bring myself to let them do that.

"You die on my command! Not before!"

I have similar issues while playing Vengeful Spirit in DOTA2. Every time we don't have a full stack and one of the randoms is playing a carry, you can bet your fucking ass that when I switch positions with the carry and secure his survival by then force staffing him, you can bet your ass he's either walking right back into the losing fight or ***** on me for the rest of the game.

At some point, I'm going to snap, swap with him while standing on a warding spot/in trees and keep using the courier so he can't get a TP scroll.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Guffe said:
That reminds me so much of one of my friends in LoL.
I don't play with him anymore, I don't play LoL at all to be honest, it was really interesting to see how one person can turn 4 other people against each other xD
That's the REAL fun - and point - of the game. =3

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Ooh, I likie the new EDA strip. I'm apparently the only one who cares, but I'll make up for lack of volume with enthusiasm.