Has a game ever moved you to tears? *SPOILERS ABOUND*

bakan

Jun 17, 2011
Well, never cried, but FF-X ending, Shadow of the Colossus, ICO and Clannad were all kinda sad and Saya No Uta was super weird, sad, somewhat scary - I just can't describe it, you have to play it yourself.

There are probably more games I played which were sad and moved me in some way but this are the ones I remember right away.

Airhead

May 8, 2008
Final Fantasy X, the scene where Tidus and Yuna enter the lake. Cheesy? Maybe. But I was in love back then.

RileyFaux

Aug 6, 2010
The hangings in Assassin's Creed 2 and Caterina's death in Brotherhood
Mother 3, the whole damn thing
Clank at the end of Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction
Dragon Age 2 keept getting more and more depressing the more I played it and when the credit song by Florence and the Machines started playing I was like; oh boy, here come the waterworks.

Nightwolf214

Oct 12, 2011
Looking back through my games, the only two parts that I can think that have made me cry, was one, when 343 Guilty Spark killed Master Sergeant Avery J. Johnson near the end of Halo 3, it was just a mix of rage and sorrow at the passing of the most badass (and unkillable) Halo character that ever lived. The second is the end of Gears of War 3's Act 3. Dom's sacrifice, after having read the books and played the games, and see him develop as a sympathetic and devoted character, it was just honestly saddening, added with Mad World piano playing at the same time, it was just a great tear-jerker.

And Zeckt, I have to agree, that was just an amazing plot twist.

Kreett

Constant Contrarian
Nov 20, 2009
I've never been reduced to tears in a game, I just sit there in stunned silence.

From a mistake that caused Tali's death in ME2s ending.
The ending to Red Dead Redemption.
The ending to GTA4 if you choose to kill Dimitri.
Listening to certain audio logs from Fallout 3 - New Vegas.
The nuke in Cod4.
Leliana's song in DA:O
Sacrifice ending in DA:O
Your mothers death in Fable the Lost Chapters.

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
I've never cried while playing, but I've been on the verge of it a couple of times. Most prominently the ending of Arkham City and the hero ending of Infamous 2. Also the ending of Ico, but for happiness rather than misery. I also feel really bad every time I defeat a Colossus. Oh, and when my best friend moved away in Animal Crossing.

DelphiSantano

Feb 11, 2009
I can think of a couple, not so much that I cried, but was shocked by what happened:
Gears of War 2:
Maria's Death

Gears of War 3:
Dom's Death

Half-Life 2: Episode 2:
Eli's Death

Nightwolf214

Oct 12, 2011
I thought of another few moments (yes, my memory is a bit on the bad side when I'm sleep deprived)
The ending of Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction, the Zoni and Clank was just a major stab to the heart.
Final Fantasy X's ending, most people cry because of Tidus and Jecht and their tragedy, but mine was because of Auron. Seeing this stoic warrior monk just fade away after learning his story, honestly brought me to tears.

70R4N

Jan 14, 2010
Vegosiux said:
Five words:

Annah in Fortress of Regrets. PS: T spoilers follow.

This part. Also when I learned the whole Deionarra backstory and heard "I shall wait for you in deaths hall my love."

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
The whole last part of Red Dead Redemption. Goddamn man, manly tears were shed. I can honestly say it was the first and only time I've been moved to tears by a video game.

WaffleCopters

Dec 13, 2009
ive never cried from a moment in a game, ive only ever really had that feeling of loss after completing an excellent game, knowing never again shall your experience of the game be the same as that first playthrough.

ahhh... Halo, Mass effects, gears, Amnesia (questionably though, my nerves were so taut through that game it gave me headaches)

Fox242

El Zorro Cauto
Nov 9, 2009
The Good Ending to Infamous 2 made me cry a little bit. It was such a moving and beautiful way for Cole to go out as the hero: making the ultimate sacrifice in the most unselfish manner.

googleit6

May 12, 2010
Completing Cristina memories in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.

Let's just say the last memory really hit me hard.

I got misty eyed at the end of LA Noire as well, even though for most of the game I didn't really like any of the characters.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
As of yet no, I got choked up at a couple of scenes in Gears of War 2 and 3 (I think you know which ones) but I haven't cried yet...and the weird thing is that I actually want to find a game that CAN make me cry...my fingers are crossed for ME3.

Edhed

Aug 31, 2009
Zone Of The Enders, Kojima's tribute to Gundam (or the free game that came with the MGS2 demo). Not everyone liked this, mainly because the protagonist was a whiny little cist, but the theme song was so nice I learned it on the piano but isnt as nice without the singing in Japanese. It kicks in at the end when this polite patient robot explains how she has to sacrifice herself in the future and in fact was always designed to and all delivered in a stoic monotone. Then her voice cracks at the end when noone's listening and I like to think that's the double meaning of the ZOE title logo of Jupiter's orbits, it looks a bit like a robot's eye. It's not but that's just me.
I crack up at any veteran badass character sacrificing themselves e.g. Gray Fox. And anything with a weak shy character flipping out in righteous fury

And Klonoa. Yeah, it was manipulative, overcooked and in a kids game but Klonoas grandad dying was so unexpected when the whole game was cheery and chibi up till then. Underrated platformer by the way.

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
The Death of Johnny Gat in Saints Row, me being a huge Johnny Gat fangirl and finding out they killed him so fucking horribly >:|