Has/did your school ever pull a dick move?

HazzaH

Mar 19, 2009
They've changed the curriculum for primary schools (dunno about high schools) over here in New Zealand to tie in with the Rugby World cup. They've also changed the timing of the holidays to fit in with the finals. Well done, board of Education, now even kids who hate the sport get it shoved down their throats. Thank Christ I finished high school years ago.

I hate sport.

luna_panshiel

Feb 4, 2010
one of my elementary schools had it's principal quit and they called in some new transfer from god knows where. on top of making the school policies in general a draconian clusterfuck, he instated a policy he referred to as "theraputic holding"

what that entails, is if you misbehave in class(which by the school rules can be as little as looking at a teacher funny) then you will be yanked out of your seat and physically pinned down onto the ground by the teacher's aides(2 per class minimum)

i can't tell you how many times i had a fat ass 250 pound ***** literally sitting on me, a 9 year old ELEMENTARY SCHOOL student

good old backward-assed kentucky education system

PS: i bit the shit out out of the ***** one day after she put her arm too close to my face, they called in my mom and went off on her, then she slapped the shit out of the principal when she found out WHY i bit the *****. needless to say she pulled me out of that shit-hole

Merkavar

Aug 21, 2010
i think every time the victim and agressor gets punished in a fight is dick move

if you apply other crimes that like punishing the rape victim or the person who got murdered

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
nope but my last school just didn't give a fuck about people getting bullied also there was a scandal where the management embezzled money.
luckily my current school isn't run by douches.

Sep 3, 2011
I was given the wrong exam paper 3 years I was learding about how do to one set of exam and then they just fuck me over with that

I got an f

guy hits me in face I tell the school they say they will deal with it

1 week later he comes along with 3 friends and throw me down the and beat the shit out of me

The school say they will have a talk

guy stops me and tells me he is beat the shit out me again in class

I lose it and hit him with a stool

in the end they did nothing to help me even if they clamed they did

I really hate my school and I made sure to tell the assholes there on the day I was leaving

Felt good

Nicarus

Feb 15, 2010
The engineering department here in my town is having its budget cut badly. Classes that used to be able to build cool stuff for their projects can now only afford the paper for printing the designs (i.e. no building anything whatsoever).

The engineering department is losing its best features, while the football department, which has had NO PROBLEMS gets another million so they can order up all the expensive food and bling they don't need!! >.<

I'm just glad this is my (hopefully) final semester at the university, lest I find myself crammed in only one available classroom because the budget gets cut to like $10/semester.

Legendairy314

Aug 26, 2010
The most notable would have to be trying to fit 2 busloads of seniors and juniors onto a single bus. Their excuse? The buses are designed to be 3 to a seat. Turns out it's 3 to a seat for KINDERGARTNERS. Injuries and multiple detentions handed out because the almost adults who signed up for a special school program were loaded into a bus they couldn't possibly fit into. When we voiced our complaints some guy nobody knew came on and basically told us to shut up and stop complaining. Eventually they caved and got 2 buses thanks to somebody with half a brain being able to notice what was actually happening.

SirDeadly

Feb 22, 2009
Jakub324 said:
What about yours? Did you ever want to set the board of governors on fire?
EDIT: The one hour is made of 20 minutes break and 40 minutes lunch.
That's the length of time I've had ever since I started school...

If you don't come in correct school uniform mine makes you wear "spare" clothes.

5t3v0

Jan 15, 2011
well my school is alright, but its graciously under funded. Its surrounded by a fuckton of private schools so we get all the dropkicks and poor average-smart kids (I fit in the latter column). Also, the younger years have no respect for authority or the older years, and the year 9's have been quite promiscuous since their year 7 (first year...).

The private schools all think we all are theives/sluts/douchebags/Soon-to-be-murderers/dole suckers/anyotherwayyoucaninsultapersoninalowersocioeconomicstancethanyou.

Basically, the Department of education has screwed us over, and private school kids are dicks.

phantasmalWordsmith

Oct 5, 2010
I once grew a pretty badass beard and moustache. They made me shave it off. I had prided myself on it and many many many people said it suited me. The School's motto is "Where the individual counts" and the facial hair made me one hell of an indivudual.

I grew it back over the holiday and this time it was a goatee. They let me keep it this time. It's still with me now that I'm going off to colledge

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
Yep. My high school cut half the art and music classes, laid off some student-favorite teachers, citing economic woes, and then three months later spent $70,000 to install an electronic signboard outside that would display events and the games being played by our shitty sports teams.

Incidentally, according to that annoying-but-frequently-correct TV creature Jamie Oliver, $70,000 is more than enough money to train an entire district's worth of cafeteria cooks in the art of cooking actual food and not reheating frozen shit from a warehouse in Nebraska. So really, it was a double dick move.

Rayne870

Nov 28, 2010
Suspended for fighting in 7th grade, I was punching a bully in the stomach while he had me lifted off the ground by my throat and pinned against a locker. I was told the proper procedure was to put my hands up and say "no, stop, i don't want to fight you and walk away" sort of an impossible thing to do in my position.

Also took mechanical engineering for 3 years in high school only to get to senior year and find the senior course was cancelled due to low turnout...

Fishehh

May 2, 2009
Judgement101 said:
Well, My school starts [/b]tomorrow[/b](sorry it bugged me) and they just posted the schedules 30 seconds ago. (7:56 EST)
Wow. I get my schedule tomorrow (Mind you, I went to school TODAY to get my locker an agenda and then sit there for 30 mins, then wait an hour for a bus that never came, so walked 21Kms up hill (I think it's 60° slope in some places) home >.>) But then I gotta wait in a line with the 1,300 other students at my school to get my list.

OT:
They fired my favorite teacher because she and I shit you not: "Scared the younger students" Well yeah. She did. That's how she taught, but she was damn good at it.

They decided "The Wood shop class, is at the same time as the Cooking class, you want Wood shop? NOPE!" (The wood shop had ~5 kids in, the Cooking room had ~31)

Deciding that I couldn't hug my girlfriend when her parents divorced (Really?)

Elementary school: Eat for 15 minutes in your class (Okay fair enough.) Don't leave your seat (U-Uh okay?) Speaking above a whisper is not allowed! (N-No.. I want to talk to my friends...) After 15 mins, go outside. (I didn't bring a jacket can I go to the library?) NO! Libraries are evil places that might make yo become smarter, better to lock you in the classroom with these teachers and learn NOTHING! MUWAHAHAHAH!!

Deciding that male and female PE classes split were a good thing (I can see they aren't bad) but when you have literally 15 kids in the PE class and only 3 of them are guys... Wut? Why? We can't play any sports, we have to just run laps non-stop while to girls do stretching excercises (and not even somewhere we can see D:<)

OH! When they told me and my friend (who happens to be female) that we couldn't walk so close together (I'm sorry we're walking through the Gr. 7 hallways and crowds frighten her (Claustrophobic I think she is)So I had to walk a rulers length away (Which is hard in a Gr. 7 hallway) while she starts to cry, clearly terrified

TheCommie12

Feb 25, 2011
they removed the Photography darkroom for no reason.....and my Body of Work(which is chemical photography) is due next week, so now I have to rent out a dark room from the Australian Center of Photography, which costs $149 per hour

CounterReproductive

Apr 9, 2010
Edit: and I'll add to that uniform. IT HAS NO IMPACT ON LEARNING AND DOESN'T MAKE US BETTER ROLE MODELS SO SHUT UP.

It does have an impact as any xchool knows. and you are the proof, you are bitching abouyt the school and not fighting all your classmates, if you all wear the same uniform you are less likely to clash. Lesson learned, back to studying :D

CounterReproductive

Apr 9, 2010
Edit: and I'll add to that uniform. IT HAS NO IMPACT ON LEARNING AND DOESN'T MAKE US BETTER ROLE MODELS SO SHUT UP.

It does have an impact as any school knows. and you are the proof, you are bitching about the school and not fighting all your classmates, if you all wear the same uniform you are less likely to clash. Lesson learned, back to studying :D

IDTheftVictim

Jan 20, 2011
Mine burned down and forced me to learn in portables for 4 years

I also got a stern letter because a sub didn't like my music video shown over the school news(the song was Jonathan Coulton's RE: your Brains