Has/did your school ever pull a dick move?

DefinitelyPsychotic

Apr 21, 2011
dex-dex said:
Skullkid4187 said:
Yup, my school got rid of the dividers between urinals to "battle homophobia."
how does that battle homophobia?
if anything that is "battling comfort of peeing next to someone else" which is odd to begin with.
Hell, I always piss in the stalls anyway. I "can't be arsed" to try and stand at the urinal for 2 minutes and try to push it out.

jordanwb

Apr 19, 2010
Not so much the school itself but more like the school board has made some dick moves. For example the school board had all the asbestos removed from a high school and replaced its roof. This cost several million dollars. Next year, they closed the school and tore it down.

Also the school board's web filter annoys everyone, even the teachers. I had one teacher ask me directly how to get past it. She's was a bro (or rather a sis in this case) so I knew she wasn't trying to get me in trouble. I got around it by setting up a proxy on one of my local computers. Recently my dad (he's a contractor) was talking to the school board's super intendent for maintenance. My dad tried to show him his website, the filter blocked access to it, the only reason I could think of is because the company's name has "Rainbow" in it.

These two pale in comparison to the other stories I've read but it's all I could think of.

Girl With One Eye

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
Jun 2, 2010
1) Each teacher for each subject was replaced about 7 or 8 times
2) Most of our teachers were batshit insane, and one teacher actually told us that in order to pass our exams, all we needed to do was eat pineapple chunks and do no coursework. I got an E in that subject.
3) School lunchs were all you could have, and they were so overpriced that if you didn't have rich parents....you didn't eat!! Unless your parents were on some kind of benefits and got them for free, but everyone else pretty much screwed.
4) They took away all chocolate/crisps etc to promote healthy eating. Which is stupid in my opinion because it just means I have to detour to the shops after school.
5) Bullies were not punished in any way shape or form.

Feb 19, 2010
Jakub324 said:
SNIPERFOX ft. Harry P.Ness said:
I was attacked by some random ****, WHO HAD A BLOODY SWISS ARMY KNIFE WITH A 5 BAJILLION MILE BLADE, so,he cut my leg badly, blood all over my Nice new trousers, So obviously, i kick him in the face while wearing hiking boots, because it's fucking cold & wet in the winter, so i bust his nose open, and take the knife.On my way to the principle's office with the knife and a bandage around my cut leg, and the Random **** limping off to his mates, a Girl i know helped me on the way, holding my hand, and trying to re-bandage the wound, as the toilet paper i used got soaked with blood and, then the Vice principle come out of His hole.

Picture this: Two teenagers, One male and one female, holding hands, the female touching my leg, and me with a knife in hand.

Guess what the Principle Comes out with.
Shouts at me for a Milena, Bans Holding hands with girls, No more Boots of any kind allowed in the school, And i get DOUBLE DETENTION FOR 10 CUNTING HOURS (two Hours a day) My parent's visit to talk about the fight, and i had to visit the school Therapist of a week.
My blood is boiling just thinking about it, not going to say the other 8 Bajillion things the school pulled.
Holy shit, that is really unfortunate. Did you at least get Random **** screwed over?
He got off Scot free.

*For the last Time capthca, I CAN'T UNDERSTAND HEBREW!*

LostShepherd

Feb 17, 2011
Mine tried to ban the wearing of coats, to try and stop kids from texting. It lasted MAYBE 3 weeks.

As for me personally, when I was in 8th grade I got the same punishment as the kid who threw the first punch in our fight(s), even though for the last 7 years every time I got in a fight the other kid got off scott free because I hit first.

And there was that assistant principal who would always put his hand on my shoulder when I was angry, even though I told him for 3 years straight that I didn't like being touched, and asked him not to do so. Culminated in me stopping just short of punching him in the face, pointing my finger in his face and screaming at him to stop doing it. He then threatened me with an in school suspension.

King of Wei

Jan 13, 2011
-Elementary school tried to put me in special education classes because they didn't feel like working with a legally blind student.
-Junior year of high school, they reverted from the awesome and extremely productive block scheduled to the old, annoying - no time to do anything - 7 class schedule.
-In my college, they raised the price of sodas from $1.25 to $1.50 ... tragic

Kinkaido

Aug 27, 2011
I've got some more:
The marching band uniforms are 26 years old. The average lifespan is 10.

I was told that filling out the emergency medical form for band would mean I didn't have to fill out the general school one. That wasn't true.

In 4th grade PE we had to do square dancing, which wouldn't be so bad if they didn't make us do it in front of all our parents at an event.... right after we had to (badly) play the recorder for the same event. It seems 4th grade was the year for pointless bullshit that's mandatory and we're gonna make you do it in front of your parents.

A teacher said I was late because I wasn't in my seat when the bell rang. Note that I had to walk from the other end of the school and we have 3 minutes.

An assembly for the National Day of Prayer used to be mandatory in my school. They brought in at least 2 different preachers to lead the school in prayer. It would be fine if we weren't a public school making that very, very illegal.

Zepren

The Funnyman
Sep 2, 2009
My headteacher had me purposefully excluded in our primary school leavers photo. I ended up teaching kids instead. Was bullshit

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
fragmaster09 said:
You HAVE to take RE... which is a waste since neither of the RE teachers ever teach, one looks for his glasses and the other shouts at everyone all the time... it's like a free period, especially with the man, since he seems half deaf
I had the same. Pretty certain it's compulsory from the government?

SirBryghtside said:
In your free time you have to stay in school +
I'll add to that uniform. IT HAS NO IMPACT ON LEARNING AND DOESN'T MAKE US BETTER ROLE MODELS SO SHUT UP.
I had to stay in for Lower Sixth, even had to come in for mornings when I had no lessons. The thing to do is to use them for things like driving lessons etc. :)
Also, ask for Sixth Form to have suits over uniform - it's still a pain but the school'll go for it if it's as pretentious as mine was and you feel 10x more badass/grown-up.
Hot tips from someone who's just left Upper Sixth there!

masterbazza

Mar 24, 2011
SeanTheOriginal said:
masterbazza said:
SeanTheOriginal said:
masterbazza said:
SeanTheOriginal said:
My school pulled the ultimate dick move. They expelled me for premeditated assault after I hit someone over the head with a backpack full of books.

Wait...
i see why they call you original
They? There are others? Talking about me?
yes we know everything about you
Then WHY DON'T YOU EVER CALL?!
we don't own phones

Chatato

Dec 19, 2010
My stories aren't that bad comparatively but let's start anyway.

This year our schools drama department spent six thousand dollars on the play rights for "The Labyrinth" even though that money could have been spent on properly fixing a hole in the wall of the drama room which was there even before I came to the school.

Half the teachers we have for classes are bordering on retarded E.G. once I corrected my english teacher on the spelling of antidisestablishmentarianism, twice and then I had to correct her once again when she said it was the longest word in the english language, our health and human relations (Kinda like Sex-ed) teacher had to use spell check to spell "Family" and nearly half the sentences she says are incomprehendable mumbling, if you ever ask our science teacher a question she'll stare at you like you're mentally challenged and then she'll walk off and if you ever dare to try and correct her she'll unleash an inane concotion of stupidity and flawed logic.

Our school doesn't allow us to get food from any places outside the school (Not counting pre-packed lunches) however one time a saw two guys bribing a teacher with KFC.

Thank to retarded planning at our school we had to redo the designs for our technology projects (we were allowed to build anything we wanted as long as it used any two of the following: Wood, Systems tech (Wires 'n' shit) and Fibres (Pillows and material stuff))which took us two weeks of classes to plan.

One time the police got called on a kid just for sitting on some random Year 7 girls lap.

We have two grass fields out the back of our school which we aren't allowed to use for sport at lunch and are barely even used for the actual sport classes so most of the time we have to go to a park near our school.

[/rant]

Random Encounter

Feb 17, 2011
When I first started High School back in Year 7, we were the first class not to get lockers. Because of this we had to carry our stuff everywhere. When we finally reached Year 8 our lockers were taken away again and given to the new Year 7 Students.

In Year 10, we didn't get a prom. Not that I really cared since I would not have gone anyway but still, our year always missed out.

Vamantha

Aug 2, 2011
Oh, my what a fun topic!

In sexual eduction the nurse that came in to talk stated "If someone has had sex before and they are not married, even if they were not willing they are impure, filthy, and tainted people." Yup, this was in fourth grade and most of my class knew I was a child rape victim. Thanks teach.

In the fourth grade my school went on lock down because a guy went bat shit crazy and was shooting up the town and threatened to come kill us nice little kiddies. After 3 hours of being in lock down (which was fucking awesome! Pok'emon time!) we were told that if the shooter showed up we would run across two huge fields to another school and would then run to another school. We were in third, fourth, and fifth grade so I see ourselves getting really far (sarcasm). It was also mentioned that if someone fell down or was shot we were to leave them behind.

In sixth grade I was put in detention for doing very badly on a test and was forced to redo it. I was being lab rat tested at the time and had zero time to study for the damn thing. I never did redo it. When my personal belongings were taken away after trying to explain I wrote "Fuck it" as the answer for each question and put tape over it. I also stole my items back and 10 dollars. :3

In eighth grade I was punished for chewing gum on the first day I started the school. It was no surprise I spent the rest of the year serving lunch time detention.

In High school I was raped by a classmate and the school refused to change him out of the classes we had together. Their excuse was that the teachers would watch us closely. My Mother changed me out of those classes thankfully.

Too many people were punished for standing up to bullies and too few people punished for being bullies.

In my last bit of high school (I graduated early. Thank christ.) they changed the food system around to try to make it more healthy. So, they removed all the candy and chips from the vending machines and replaced it with expired food I wouldn't feed to my worst enemy. They removed the Papa John's pizza friday and had to deal with cardboard sand pizza friday. Our kitchen staff were pretty fucking epic, but you can only do so much with the budget they got and list of things that were allowed to be made.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
List of things my junior school banned while I was in attendance:

1. Hats
2. Any physical contact of any kind
3. About 90% of fiction books in the library
4. Going to the toilet by yourself during lessons

Then after I left they replaced the door leading from the school to the playground with a high-tech security door that required a 9-digit code that only the staff knew and can only be opened from the inside.

Psykoma

Nov 29, 2010
Biggest dick move at my school was towards the parents.

I was in a private school for the last three years of high school. The tuition was something in the range of 7-8k per year, depending on what grade you were in. On top of that, there were mandatory 2-3k per year "donations" to go towards construction of a new building.

The thing is, the building wasn't even planned to start for several years, so a new building was funded about 80% by the parents of students who would be graduated before they even started digging the foundation.

masterbazza

Mar 24, 2011
Kinkaido said:
I've got some more:

In 4th grade PE we had to do square dancing, which wouldn't be so bad if they didn't make us do it in front of all our parents at an event.... right after we had to (badly) play the recorder for the same event. It seems 4th grade was the year for pointless bullshit that's mandatory and we're gonna make you do it in front of your parents.
same thing happened to me in year 7
thankfully my grandfather died so i took the day off for the funeral
(wow that came out wrong)

DoxyGrim

May 19, 2011
The school board ignored my sexual harrassment complaints.

They also got rid of the school drill-team the day I found out that I made it on to the team.

Psykoma

Nov 29, 2010
Kaleion said:
Well I still owe them some money that I can't really pay, so they held the documents but regardless of this I asked around, and I've been informed that it is illegal to hold on to documents like that, but regardless that's just plain bad, it's not like it was my fault that my father couldn't afford the school and I had to drop out, it's kind of a complicated situation I think but I think I have every right to be mad about it.
Also sorry if that was incoherent I haven't had any sleep for 3 days now, I've been really busy.
Amazing how one comment changes a story entirely.
I'd be interested to know where you're from, because here if you haven't paid for something you don't get to enjoy the priveledges of using it, and school diplomas are no exception.
Yeah you can be mad, but I don't think it's the school deserving anger.If you get your diploma, what does the school have that will make sure you pay?
You'd have your diploma and wouldn't need to interact with them again unless you lost it, their letters and calls for you to pay the rest of your bill could be completely ignored.
They're just trying to keep themselves from being ripped off.

TonyCapa said:
I was never going to. BHS! I have some friends who go to Loyola. I don't want to wear a suit to school. And yes, I remember having to outside in a barren school yard, unprotected from wind at -40 with wind since grade 3.
:O

I was in BHS for the second half of Sec II after moving here mid-year from edmonton.

I kinda hated that shithole, transferred for SecIII >.>

Aug 1, 2010
My god I'm glad I was never in this crap...

My only experience has been in college and it's been great so far!

The worst thing I can think of is when my math teacher almost got lynched by the class.