Has Houseman been banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States
I watched the Houseman vid and a 30 minute vid criticism despite most people knowing how you operate was not a good look.

But to be fair he has very nice soothing voice that belays his bad faith participation and trolling.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I watched the Houseman vid and a 30 minute vid criticism despite most people knowing how you operate was not a good look.

But to be fair he has very nice soothing voice that belays his bad faith participation and trolling.
Agreed. If his points weren't 95% self-righteous horse shit, you could almost argue he has a calming and rational demeanor. Wasted ability there.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I wish people wouldn't mention Nickelback. I'm so much happier when I'm in a state of forgetting they ever existed, and then someone has to go and remind me.
Would it blow your mind if I told you I liked one of their songs?

Also good fucking grief what is this thread still even doing alive? Why hasn't it been taken out back and shot?

Reactions: Dalisclock

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I wish people wouldn't mention Nickelback. I'm so much happier when I'm in a state of forgetting they ever existed, and then someone has to go and remind me.
Well, if Nickelback would stop thrusting photos into peoples facing and demanding they look at them......

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Would it blow your mind if I told you I liked one of their songs?
Isn't that the hateable thing about Nickelback, though? It's not so much that their songs are outright bad individually, but that in toto they are so grindingly mediocre. Derivative, formulaic, dull. Listen to one with no knowledge of the others, you can think it's okay, even good. But the more you listen to their entire oeuvre, the more you realise just how little they really have going for them.

I feel a similarly about Ed Sheeran: it's like his songs are built entirely out of cliche, although (through the despair) I have to recognise the talent in so remorselessly and soullessly identifying styles to mimic and then reliably hitting the target for a mass audience.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Isn't that the hateable thing about Nickelback, though? It's not so much that their songs are outright bad individually, but that in toto they are so grindingly mediocre.
A friend of mine once told me that she heard a radio station play a bunch of Nickelback songs laid over each other. It was surprising how much they blended into each other.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
A friend of mine once told me that she heard a radio station play a bunch of Nickelback songs laid over each other. It was surprising how much they blended into each other.
Linkin Park was always the best band in the 2000s and 2010s. They actually experimented and constantly evolved their styles. The only Nickelback song I ever liked was "Hero", and not much else.

Reactions: Baffle

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Some of us were in our teens when they got big and in the unenviable position where our taste in music wasn't hardcore Metal enough that we could just listen to Children of Bodom or Marduk but much harder then Bland Rock like Nickelback, early Linkin' Park and Takida. So people asked what you listened to and trying to be a cool, casual teenager (and not a music nerd) you replied "rock and metal" and those blessed, simple souls answered "Oh yeah I love Nickelback too!". No, you dork, I don't like Nickelback and I never did!
Guns'n'Roses was the rock band du jour of my teens; it was close to social ostracism to opine you weren't interested in them in the early 90s, so I remained tight-lipped on the matter. However, after a brief flirtation with metal in my early teens (because it seems all teenage boys were contractually obliged to try metal) I'd long since found my niche of alternative rock/pop. Quite a relief, because it felt like there were a great number of my peers strangely obsessed with standards about whether rock listened to was "heavy" or credible enough. Why not sidestep that bullshit and profess enjoyment of bands they've never heard of?

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Guns'n'Roses was the rock band du jour of my teens; it was close to social ostracism to opine you weren't interested in them in the early 90s, so I remained tight-lipped on the matter. However, after a brief flirtation with metal in my early teens (because it seems all teenage boys were contractually obliged to try metal) I'd long since found my niche of alternative rock/pop. Quite a relief, because it felt like there were a great number of my peers strangely obsessed with standards about whether rock listened to was "heavy" or credible enough. Why not sidestep that bullshit and profess enjoyment of bands they've never heard of?
Once upon a time, in the 70s, The Ramones were considered the hardest and heaviest of hardcore bands, and by modern standards their songs are downright adorable now (hell Johnny Ramone played surf guitar).

Still love them.

So too shall come to pass that the hardest of core songs from the 90s and 2000s will be eclipsed by harder and heavier sounds...until the hardest and heaviest music is just screaming and the grinding of a blender. Wait...we already have that.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Some of us were in our teens when they got big and in the unenviable position where our taste in music wasn't hardcore Metal enough that we could just listen to Children of Bodom or Marduk but much harder then Bland Rock like Nickelback, early Linkin' Park and Takida.
And at no point did the names Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, or Judas Priest get mentioned as possibilities? It had to be Children of Bodom or Nickleback?

Status
Not open for further replies.