BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Thanks for that!

Personally, I'd like to see a suspension system, it'd be nice if the mods had more tools in their belt than outright banning someone. (And no, I'm not just saying that because I was just banned, I've said it before.)

That's part of the reason that the B-Cell ban bothers me like it does. He struck me as the kind of person that might not have many people to relate to in real life, so it would really suck when he was cut off from this community, even though quite a few people weren't very nice to him.
While sad for B-Cell, I honestly couldn't stand him and don't have much sympathy for him. He barely bothered to change at all and just kept repeating the same mistakes over and over, unprovoked or not. He's on the Easy Allies forums and he knows he has nowhere else to go, so he doesn't act up as much over there. But most of the users on that forum don't like him either. It's the same with Yoshi being there too.

Last edited:

dreng3

Elite Member
Aug 23, 2011
Country
Denmark
10 pages in still talking about Housemen?
Pretty much just turned into a debate about bans and the ban system overall.

Good riddance about House being gone though, didn't seem like a fellow that wanted to debate honestly and the constant derailment of threads and nitpicking was getting really tiresome.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Personally, I'd like to see a suspension system, it'd be nice if the mods had more tools in their belt than outright banning someone. (And no, I'm not just saying that because I was just banned, I've said it before.)
That's part of the reason that the B-Cell ban bothers me like it does.
Funny enough, that was what surprised me about your ban as well. I saw what you were going for (Though your intentions you clarified on after the fact helped explain exactly what the plan was) and I thought "Damn, that was sudden and swift." I didn't expect someone to get outright banned for something like that, regardless of what the intention was

Reactions: Drathnoxis

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
I was actually permabanned on v1 because I kept forgetting gifs weren't allowed. Only forum I'd ever been on that doesn't allow them. Is that still a rule?

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I miss some folks who got banned over the years, like Ezekiel.
Most people I miss just left on their own accord. The only person I really miss due to a ban was Rolling Thunder from v1, and that was a l-o-n-g time ago. Like, 2013 or so. He got banned because he would very directly tell people who put down particularly stupid and/or objectionable comments what he thought about it. Can't say he didn't deserve it by the forum rules, but he had a lot of interesting things to say.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
I was actually permabanned on v1 because I kept forgetting gifs weren't allowed. Only forum I'd ever been on that doesn't allow them. Is that still a rule?
Pretty sure they are, I've made a lot of posts that are only gifs and never received a warning over them, the only warning I've received was over insulting someone, which I did and I didn't object to it.

Reactions: Dalisclock

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Why do people do things like that? If you're going to leave a place, just leave. If you think you can't resist the urge to come back, then randomize your password and delete all your contact information. I've done that.
🤷‍♂️

I do know he did not get along with some of the users on the forum. It did not help as he would be aggressive and protest loudly about certain opinions on threads. Even I got in to an argument with him once on Easy Allies. Oh well, it was his choice. If I had to guess, it's make sure all of his personal information was permanently deleted and have no reason to come back. He did not like the format of forums section either. Not that I can blame him on that case, as even I don't like how the forums are set up and much prefer this format and DMC's forum layout.

Last edited:

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Reading through this, all I can say is "small world", but then I think to myself and wonder if people go out of their way to generate a cross-forum reputation or if it genuinely is unintentional.

This is the only place I use this username (though I use a variant on Discord, and I'm active on fewer than half a dozen servers), so it never ceases to surprise me that people know others from other forums. It is at these times I both please myself and am a touch disappointed by being such a luddite(!)

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
🤷‍♂️

I do know he did get along with some of the users on the forum. It did not help as he would be aggressive and protest loudly about certain opinions on threads. Even I got in to an argument with him once on Easy Allies. Oh well, it was his choice. If I had to guess, it's make sure all of his personal information was permanently deleted and have no reason to come back. He did not like the format of forums section either. Not that I can blame him on that case, as even I don't like how the forums are set up and much prefer this format and DMC's forum layout.
Getting banned from a website doesn't delete any of your information that was on said website.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Houseman made a 30 minute video on youtube about the moderation here. I guess he was pretty passionate about being a member here, after all. It seemed like he put a fair bit of effort into it. He collected a list of all the warnings that have ever been given on the v2 forums and graphed them, that was kind of interesting. I'm not going to post a link.

Last edited:

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Houseman made a 30 minute video on youtube about the moderation here. I guess he was pretty passionate about being a member here, after all. It seemed like he put a fair bit of effort into it. He collected a list of all the warnings that have ever been given on the v2 forums and graphed them, that was kind of interesting. I'm not going to post a link.
Oh, I can only imagine how that went.

"I don't know anything about video editing or writing essays but that makes me the most qualified person to do so!"

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
Is that really him? I didn't think he would've sounded like that.

Anyway, I wouldn't recommend posting a link either. Not the sort of thing you want to drive traffic referrals to from this site.
It can be found by typing "escapist forums moderation" into a google search, and switching the search type to videos. Or I suppose you could punch the same search term into youtube directly.

Bit disappointed I never got a mention, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.