Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Are we done talking about you know who at this point and ready to close the thread? I'm all for making Nickelback jokes but unless Houseman is a member of the band we can probably go ahead and call this a wrap.

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Are we done talking about you know who at this point and ready to close the thread? I'm all for making Nickelback jokes but unless Houseman is a member of the band we can probably go ahead and call this a wrap.
I dunno, seems a perfect end to this saga with this thread devolving into a discussion on butt rock.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Sabbath and Priest were Old Men Rock for us and Maiden was a poser band. We were early 00's teenagers and we approached our musical preferences with all the seriousness that such a unique and individual decision (you know, to a teenager) warranted. It didn't help that in the relatively small school I was in there was never really a "middle" road for Rock and Metal, you were either a softie poser (Nickelback, Maiden etc.) or you were a True Metalhead (where Manowar was the softest you could go and would still net you mockery for being soft). For those of us that landed in the middle it was a precarious tightrope to not get associated with either of the two other groups.
No sigur ros, radiohead or godspeedyoublackemperor?

Topaz

Surprise Mechanic
Legacy
Mar 31, 2020
I'm gonna say yeah, I agree.

Not that I want to stop the discussion about music preferences, far from it (feel free to make that topic again, if you want). It's just annoying to see this thread bumping to the top of the forum all the time, when the discussion isn't even about Houseman anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.