Has seeing a spoiler ever made you rage?

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
I got quite upset at one of my friends for spoiling Clannad when I had only finished the second episode. Still haven't looked back to finish it.

CannibalCorpses

Aug 21, 2011
Nah, spoilers don't bother me in the slightest. I often get told off by people for talking about a game they haven't got round to playing yet but thus is life.

Xdeser2

Aug 11, 2012
Ned Stark...'nuff said

I started Reading A song of Ice and Fire about the same time the show came out ( I didnt have HBO so I had absolutly no idea it was going on)...and I found said spoiler on youtube. Pissed me off so much....

DeimosMasque

I'm just a Smeg Head
Jun 30, 2010
I actively seek out spoilers for movies, games, tv shows, etc. I'm also the kind of guy who can watch a movie or episode every day and not care if I like it.

So yeah never made me rage to see a spoiler. Now some stories have made me rage, but that's a different story.

leady129

Aug 3, 2009
I have a mate who is absolutely shocking with this. To add insult to injury, he is also one of those gamers who will play a brand new game beginning to end the day it comes out with no breaks at all.

After waiting over a year for Heavy Rain to make an appearance we both got it on launch day. I played the first four or so chapters and then put it aside for the day. The following morning I found a text from him on my phone reading...
"Just finished Heavy Rain. Friggen awesome game, but I felt a bit cheated when they revealed Shelby was the bad guy.

Then again with Uncharted 3

"Man you'll love the end of Uncharted. So sad when Sully dies though.

More recently it was Game of Thrones

"I really hate this game now. Just spent over ten hours leveling up my Night's Watch character and then they go and kill him off half way through the game."

It goes without saying all three of these messages were met with intense rage. He's no better in person but at least there I can knock him out before he manages to finish his sentence.

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009
No, I've never been bothered much by spoilers. It's probably just because I don't have a lot of spending money and can end up having to wait for months after release before I finally buy most AAA games, and avoiding content that long for a game that I'm interested in can be tiring, so I don't really try. I don't think I've ever enjoyed a game less because I spoiled it for myself, either, so no harm done. The ending of Half-Life 2: Episode 2, for example; I spoiled that for myself while browsing TV Tropes, but that didn't make it any less of a gut punch once I actually played through it in the game. It wouldn't be a very good scene if it only worked while you weren't expecting it, but it is a very good scene, so I was affected by it regardless of my foreknowledge.

Sovereign _909

Jul 6, 2010
I was on DakkaDakka reading through a book suggestion thread when one post spoiled the end of the book I was reading (Dead Men Walking), I was a bit miff'ed.

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
I had Heavy Rain spoiled AS I WAS PLAYING IT. My friend walked by and said "oh, sucks that ... Is the murderer isn't it." Yeah. Sucks now I know it.
I almost had Walking Dead Ep. 4 spoiled a few minutes ago on Telltale's Facebook page. I have to remember to never read comments on that until I'm done with the episode. All I know is something about, well, in case this affects someone.

You can choose to have Kenny leave.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
Nope. I hate surprises.

I'll look up as many spoilers as possible before seeing a movie.

I even use spoilers to look up new shows with TV tropes.

As a kid, I used to unwrap christmas presents, rewrap them, & put them back under the tree.

Dallas-35

Oct 22, 2011
Raged? No. Got frustrated? Yes.

I was waiting for the season 2 finale of The Walking Dead that was coming on in 15 minutes, so I went to The Walking Dead's Facebook page to see what other people had to say while we all waited for the episode to air. "Who's exited for the finale? What do you think will happen?" read a post on their wall. As I scrolled through, reading everybody's speculations, I noticed a rather large comment.

The comment was a full summary of the episode, and I, like a sucker, read the whole thing (just thinking it was another speculation). Then the finale came on TV, and I noticed that what this guy said was actually happening.

Next season, I'm not reading anything anybody says on Facebook about it.

Hawkeye 131

Jun 2, 2012
Yes. When ME3 released I was able to pick it up and play it on the Tuesday and Wednesday but I had a crazy work schedule so I wasn't able to play it again until over a week later. By that time the whole ending thing started to erupt. At first I was like "Oh that's just one guy that didn't like it whatever!". Then the noise/rage started to get louder and louder and louder and I was like "Oh well there's 16 different endings so I'll just look at 1 and see how 'bad' it is..."

I've never been trolled so hard before in my life...

Then came the confusion, anger, depression, bargaining and acceptance that, that was the way it was going to be and even the new Extended Cut DLC was just "clarifying" the ending not adding a new ending. Then I began to realize how rushed and flawed the game was as a whole not just the ending.

Nowadays I'm much more skeptical of games I've never heard of and especially of sequels.

-Hawk

Mikejames

Jan 26, 2012
I'm paranoid when it comes to spoilers. Which is why I bloody hate when people casually give away the twists/endings to something.

"Haven't seen Shutter Island? You should, it's about this guy who *INSERT SPOILERS*."
Yes, thank you for destroying my initial intrigue.

To compensate I force myself to assume that all unmarked spoilers are speculation/lies/hallucinations until proven otherwise.

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
I absolutely loved the Saw series, particularly the twists. And then some Dick Nubbler on a forum forgets to use spoiler tags when he mentions the ending for Saw 7. I raged super fucking hard. And to make it worse, he also did the same with Boondock Saints 2, a film I had been looking forward to for nearly five years.

217not237

Nov 9, 2011
One time I got pretty pissed, not because it was spoiled, entirely, but because of its timing. I had just told a friend that I just started watching Elfen Lied, and, a couple minutes later, a related video in YouTube-- on a video that had absolutely nothing to do with Elfen Lied-- was "Elfen Lied--" and some scene, I don't want to spoil it. But you have to understand just how I felt about that. It was pretty hilarious, actually.

ThePS1Fan

Dec 22, 2011
Yes. And I can't remember any specific titles that were spoiled, so goes to show how important shit like that really is. And I don't think it ever stopped me from buying whatever it was.

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
I used to be "that guy" that accidentally spoiled things for others. It seriously was on accident, but I've learned to watch what I say now unless people make it clear that they don't mind spoilers.

As for me, for most series it doesn't affect me at all, since I hate "herp twists" in most media anyway, and other spoilers allow me to try to piece together how the spoiler happens before I get to it.

If someone spoiled, say, Halo 4 or the end of Borderlands 2 for me, though, I'd be fucking pissed. I've been careful when looking at Borderlands 2 stuff because I'm still in the early areas. Most things that I'm very interested in and care about spoilers for, I get at launch on midnight, be it movie or otherwise, making spoilers a non-issue much of the time.

Nannernade

May 18, 2009
Not really for video games but when an anime is spoiled for me that I'm currently watching I get a little annoyed but like all things I do get over it.

Kiyeri

Mar 8, 2010
I thought I had something spoiled for me on this site. Before Dragon Age 2 came out I swore that I would be really careful about spoilers since I'd had the end of DA:O spoiled for me. Then along comes this article:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/107653-Dragon-Age-2-Achievements-Revealed

I peeked at it and guess what the first thing I saw was?

"Most of them, of course, are fairly dull, standard fare, the sort of cheevos you pick up along the way just by playing the thing: upgrade your armor, enchant an item, reach level 10, kill Morrigan's demon-child... whoops, did I say that out loud?"

My reaction was to swear loudly and close the page without reading the next line:

"(I'm just kidding. There's no mention of Morrigan or her hypothetical offpspring. Calm down.)"

So for about a month I was thinking I'd spoiled the ending again. Once I'd played through it I went back and saw that I was an idiot for not reading more :D

Robot Number V

May 15, 2012
A little while ago, I signed in to Facebook and found the following message at the top of my feed:

"Interview: How the Show Has Changed With the Death of Rita"

Right fuckin' there. I was in the middle of the season at the time.

So that made a bit angry.