Has this error been showing up for everyone else?

King_Fluffy

Apr 11, 2009
So far, I've only ever had it once. Just refreshed the page and I haven't seen it since, but it was the exact same message.

TxMxRonin

Jan 1, 2009
Monday I think it was, it took forever for the site to load and when I tried to go to the forums it wouldn't load at all so I think it's the server.

Kross

World Breaker
Sep 27, 2004
Sorry, we've been having database issues relating to recent forum traffic. Our new hardware is ready to go, but for various reasons it had to be delayed till the later part of next week.

We made a bunch of optimizations over the last few days, and have also added some aggressive maintenance scripts to keep the servers running more smoothly till then. It doesn't replace the hardware we need, but we're doing what we can for now. Unfortunately whenever we make a change to the database itself to fix this (table indexes etc), that usually means about 30 minutes of extra lag while the change processes.

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
Ajna said:
I've been getting the error "Fatal error: Database Error: Connection Failed in /sixpack/web/global/classes/class.db.mysql.inc on line 74" more and more often when visiting The Escapist...

Is this just me? Or are others effected as well?
I got that when I first tried to open this thread, ironic.

bindox

Mar 19, 2009
I get the error all the time. Doesn't matter computer I am using or what browser I am on. (I had to make sure it wasn't something on my end.)

Ajna

Doublethinker
Mar 19, 2009
Kross said:
Sorry, we've been having database issues relating to recent forum traffic. Our new hardware is ready to go, but for various reasons it had to be delayed till the later part of next week.

We made a bunch of optimizations over the last few days, and have also added some aggressive maintenance scripts to keep the servers running more smoothly till then. It doesn't replace the hardware we need, but we're doing what we can for now. Unfortunately whenever we make a change to the database itself to fix this (table indexes etc), that usually means about 30 minutes of extra lag while the change processes.
Glad to get an answer from the highest up of higher ups. So, by my understanding, we can expect this error to have disappeared by about Monday? Sweetness. I can wait that long.