have u ever been banned from a video game?

The Lawn

Apr 11, 2008
I occasionally troll people on TF2 because I have it on 4 steam accounts.

I join a server, do some griefy stuff, voice spam, and generally cause a ruckus.
Get banned, get on my next account, join the same server, sometimes hear people talking about what just happened and do the same griefy stuff again.

Terrific fun really.

I'm not rude or obscene, and I always try to do something clever that doesn't really adversely affect anyone's play time.
That is, unless I'm building sentrys under spawn exits, or otherwise exploiting other bugs in custom maps.
Then yes, people get mad.

Other than that, I've never been banned from anything.
I've tried to get banned from Runescape and Habbo Hotel.... I've only ever gotten warnings for my shenanigans though.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
I wasnt so much banned as I was asked to leave a server in minecraft because some guy was stealing the stuff in my house and I couldnt prove it. So instead of being rational and trying to prove it, or moving my house, or setting something up, I went to his house and had an admin friend spawn me TNT and fire, then blew the shit out of his house.

Mar 5, 2011
I was banned from Neopets permanently for calling someone a lout. I was also banned from a custom item spawn server on HL2:DM for spamming an ass load of explosive barrels and crashing the server. Good times.

Just_A_Glitch

Dec 10, 2009
A few of my friends banned me from playing Super Smash Bros. with them because I always won. Even when they'd go 3 vs 1, I'd beat them. So I'm not allowed to play that with them.

But never officially, no. I generally behave myself/let any rage I have fester inside of me. Its probably the healthiest choice.

Peteron

Oct 9, 2009
I can troll a lot while gaming, but suprisingly it has not taken me to the point of being suspended or banned.

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
jbchillin said:
I was wondering if anyone out there has anyone ever been banned from some form of video game and if so why?

I have actually been banned from 2 games Runescape and Club Penguin. I got banned from Runescape because me and my friend made up some bogus religion and we tried to convert people. For Club Penguin i got banned because i tried to convert people to communism(i have no idea it was just for kicks)
Erana said:
So... You got banned for trolling?
OP, that is amazing. Not that I've heard of any other cool reasons to get banned from a game, but nonetheless, that is pretty amazing.

Call me a crotchety old fart, but I still prefer split screen. For me, havin' a few beers with some friends while deathmatching in my living room beats playing strangers online any day. So I haven't really played enough online to be banned.

Erana, that is not trolling. If he were somehow subverting the point of the game, perhaps...

Jan 29, 2009
Kicked a couple of times from TF2, not sure why for most of them.
One time, though, I found my mic was broken and spamming some ungodly screech into the server when I tried to talk. Woops.

MisterGobbles

Nov 30, 2009
Psycho Cat Industries said:
MisterGobbles said:
I've gotten kicked from a Halo PC server before for griefing; granted, that was a LONG time ago. But damn was it fun.
How do you grief in Halo other then yelling in the mic?
Massive, MASSIVE amounts of teamkilling.

ServebotFrank

Jul 1, 2010
emeraldrafael said:
I wasnt so much banned as I was asked to leave a server in minecraft because some guy was stealing the stuff in my house and I couldnt prove it. So instead of being rational and trying to prove it, or moving my house, or setting something up, I went to his house and had an admin friend spawn me TNT and fire, then blew the shit out of his house.
That's why I like servers where the admins can tell who modified a block area at the same time. Once someone griefed my house and a admin banned his ass real fast.

OT: On Counter-Strike it was me and the admin left and he rushed towards me with a knife. I killed him with a head shot while he was being too much of an idiot to realize that the point of the game is to shoot people...You know with guns. BANNED.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
Got a warning from League Of Legends because some asshole complained I was doing my part to kill bots.

Everyone that plays that game is an elitist douche.

TriGGeR_HaPPy

Another Regular. ^_^
May 22, 2008
Haven't been banned, or even suspended yet. Worst I've had happen is been accused of cheating in CoD 4, back when I got really good at it. But through a bit of wordplay, I got the rest of the server to shut this guy up (he was one of those guys who accused absolutely anyone who killed him of being a cheater, so the server was already pretty sick of him). Proud moment of mine...
Oop, got a bit off topic there. Yea, no. No bans for me thus far, and I plan to keep it that way. ^_^

IronStorm9

Jun 15, 2010
3-day suspension from League of Legends for leaving games one too many times. I had legitimate excuses, but they have an automated system that counts how many times you leave and issues penalties based on that.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Loop Stricken said:
I think I had a three day suspension from WoW for 'trolling', or at the least being 'offensive' in Tr-

Oh I remember now! Some people were doing that whole "Anal spam" thing, and I was in the Trade channel at the same time and I guess I got reported alongside them.
Because I don't do Anal spam.
I know I should be grossed out by the word association but I can't help but laugh.

OT: Nope, I think the reason is because when I game I drink and the headset is no where near me. I'm thinking that's a good thing otherwise I'd get banned all the time for my slightly drunk tirades.

briunj04

Apr 9, 2011
I got banned from Club Penguin for trolling everybody on the site.
I also got banned from Mormon Chat which is pretty much a game also

IronStorm9

Jun 15, 2010
SaneAmongInsane said:
Got a warning from League Of Legends because some asshole complained I was doing my part to kill bots.

Everyone that plays that game is an elitist douche.
Hey, I resent that! (I'm not an elitist douche, that's just all the n00bs... jk)

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
I have never been banned from a game in general and only on one occasion was I banned from a single server (and that was simply the result of a nearly inconceivable sequence of lucky shots that had me instantly labeled as a cheater. Getting 3 headshot kills with a mac-10 in Counter-Strike in a single burst as my first offensive action of the game on accident seemed too implausible to consider).