have u ever been banned from a video game?

TheAmokz

Apr 10, 2011
I was once banned for 3 days from certain humor website from posting one horroresque picture.
Other than that? No.

GBlair88

Jan 10, 2009
Got banned from a BF2142 server because the admins sucked at the game and just banned anyone with a decent K/D for 'hacking'. Never been entirely banned from a game though. I don't commit any bannable offences on games such as hacking or trolling.

Although I have been banned from a few Knife only servers for shooting people. But it was expected since I went on them with the sole intention of shooting stats padders.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
Nope.

I've been reported plently of times, but never been banned from it.
I must be loved.

Kyle Roberts

Feb 18, 2011
jbchillin said:
i tried to convert people to communism(i have no idea it was just for kicks)
Same although it took them a week to ban me since it was me and my 4 other freinds so we made a new account and pretended to be pedophiles.

It was fun.

Nexus4

Jul 13, 2010
InnerRebellion said:
The pool is closed. Got banned for that.

Oh, and I got banned on Neopets, cuz when I was like, 12, some 10 year old girl wanted to have cyber sex and I kept telling her no, so she reported me, saying I was threatening her. Sure then Viacom.
You are part of the Unfair Sex after all...

Pariah87

Jul 9, 2009
Whilst I haven't been banned from any game or forum, I was kicked out of a game once for what has to be the most amusing or most idiotic reason ever.

I felt like some Left 4 Dead one night, figured I have a run through an Expert campaign with some randoms. I enter the lobby to hear voices usually associated with the Southern States. Fair enough, they all seem to know each other, I'll just stay quiet and pitch in. The game starts up and I'm Louis. I kid you not, 2 seconds later I'm bleeding out whilst being shot by all 3 of them. Then I hear the words "We don't want that ****** runnin' around with us" before getting kicked from the game.

There are some sad, sad people out there.

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
I don't think I've ever been banned from anywhere actually. Suspended, yeah of course. Calling a forum moderate a jackboot wearing fascist will do that... oh as will swearing in world of warcraft general chat. People are so funny about the F word, I've seen dead baby jokes and people get nothing done to them, drop one F word about the lag (Burning Crusader launch) and bang 24 hour kick.

Funniest ever ban was the time I got kicked off a forum for using the Socratic method in a debate about shark attacks and the morality of killing said sharks, people really didn't appreciate me calling BS on "it's only their nature" with "humans are territorial animals, so it's within our nature to kill predators in our territory" and other lovely chestnuts. Before that I didn't know using logic and pointing out bad arguments counted as trolling.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
I got banned from a CoD4 server once because I took issue with some of their rules. Why am I not allowed to say damn and crap in a game where the goal is the killing of other human beings? There are ladies and children present? Can the super sensitive ears of ladies not handle the masculine metaphoric penis that is my keyboard typing out the word shit on a screen? And why are children playing an M rated game anyway? Though I did tolerate this rule for a short time (I still pointed out the flaw in the logic every now and again but never in a rude manner) they added the "No Bunny hopping" and "No prone shooting" rules. I played on this server because it restricted grenade launchers but that was going a little too far. I pointed this out to the clan that ran the server and they told me I could leave if I didn't like it. So I cussed my way to a ban for shits and giggles. Probably not my proudest moment but then its a thread about bans.

Vern5

Mar 3, 2011
I've been banned from a few CounterStrike Servers. Does that count?

I think the first time I got banned from a semi-private server (it was meant for clan skrims or something). I randomly popped in because their server was close to my apartment. So between years of play and a great connection I managed to stomp on them all. I never spoke so they must have assumed I was botting or something and I got banned. Oh well.

Second time I got banned was during one of those deathmatch games where you constantly respawn and just try to up your killcount before 30 minutes pass. One of these kids was being really annoying so I decided to hound him specifically. He never got very far from spawn before I shot him in the face. Unfortunately, he had admin privileged and banned me after I had killed him more than fifteen times consecutively.

SilverVirage

Apr 27, 2011
I got banned from 2moons a long while ago, me and a GM were good buddies, and we did some dickery with his powers. He got stripped of his status, I got banned, but the servers all closed not long after, so oh well.

Got banned from FlyFF too, I was fighting a bunch of... some weird mob, it's FlyFF, to get my last part of a new endgame armor they added. I got stopped by a GM, they said that I was exploiting a glitch in the game. Apparently what I was fighting, their drop chance for the armor was far higher than intended, and that's all they were talking about in the main town. I hadn't been there, I spawned in the wild where I was a few night before which was the last time I played, they never posted an announcement into chat, and I never even got the damn item anyway. Still, banned. Fuck them.

Also, never play LoL with anyone other than a group of friends, most people I met are assholes on there. I got banned for a few days for playing good. Not for being too good to be real, like some of you and CS:S, though I was the best on my team. Just for playing my Siver. I pushed center like a boss, got down an inhibitor before I died my first death at level 13, while the other players were ~10. But, EVERYONE on my team kept bitching cause I didn't build the way they wanted. I was running a +Mana, -cooldown build, and wiped entire waves with her boomerang, which I could keep reusing, but they didn't like that I didn't play a standard Siver, and didn't ONLY last hit at the start(I still did, but they were under the impression that you were only supossed to swing a single time at any mob ever, not to help wear them down at all.) Everyone on my team complained and reported me (despite us winning cause they rushed though the hole I made), so I got banned for a few days. I refuse to play anymore unless it's with my good friends.