Have you ever been called out by your Username?

cheese_wizington

Aug 16, 2009
Whether positive or negative, has anyone ever quoted/pm'd you on your username?

I haven't, albeit it Old Trailmix isn't a very interesting name.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Yeah I have most people don't seem to get that it was my nickname from high school because I didn't have a locker and had to keep my P.E. clothes in a bag I would refer to as my 'Rucksack'...

Wakefield

Aug 3, 2009
Someone PM'd me once about mine. Said they lived in a town with that name and wanted to know why I picked it. Was random, but neat.

Mcupobob

Jun 29, 2009
Nope,Though I don't think anyone knows what a Mcupobob is. Hell I don't even know.

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
Never, which is strange... It was my band name in Rock Band, it just kinda stuck.

(And yes Patrick is my name)

Edit: It's just a tiny bit narcissistic XD

MajorKris

Aug 10, 2009
Yup. Major has become a nickname for me among my friends. Despite the fact that Motoko is ten times more bad-ass than I am.

Thunderhorse31

Apr 22, 2009
Nope, I don't really know if I (or the name) stand out all that much.

I've gotten plenty of PM's about the avatar though, so who knows.

EDIT:
JakeTheSnakeMan said:
I only time I've ever gotten called by my username is when I'm on Xbox LIVE as my gamertag and username are the same.
Oh, well if you count that, then all the time.

Discord

Monk of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2009
< - - -*Looks at it*

All the time! Mostly the first part though. sometimes the last part on formal greets

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
My avatar yes, my user name no. I wouldn't say it's mysterious or memorable enough to actually have someone PM me about it.

I do, however, get called Shinryu (or some shortened version of it) fairly often though as it's a user name I've used for a long time now and that's what many of my online friends know me as.

Hitokiri_Gensai

Jul 17, 2010
everyone wants to know why a girl uses a guys name. Hitokiri is japanese for "Man cutter" or "human cutter" and was a term used for highly skilled assassins during the late 1800's during Japan's Bakumatsu. Kawakami Gensai was the most well known, who is most famous for killing Sakuma Shozan, a political leader, in broad daylight with his lightning fast Furanui Ryu Iaijutsu. So as someone whose studied Kenjutsu and Iaijutsu for years, i just like the name.

Otherwise, im just Missy, or Meliss, one or the other, i prefer Missy though.

Deef

Mar 11, 2009
Thunderhorse31 said:
Nope, I don't really know if I (or the name) stand out all that much.

I've gotten plenty of PM's about the avatar though, so who knows.
Thunder...
Horse...
Thunder...
Horse...

Please tell me your name is the Thunderhorse I'm thinking of.

Mik0ri

Jul 21, 2010
My name has quite a long story behind it, but it's just one of those names that nobody questions because it looks like your average handle. Plus, the story hardly matters anymore... so no, I haven't gotten any questions about it before, but I don't really mind.

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
Pimppeter2 said:
Most people read it as

Pimppeteer2, like "Musketeer"

Or so I'm told.
I would figure PimpEater would be more common. It's funnier at least.

OT: How could anyone mess up manaman, but I have been thinking of changing my username to Uncle Creepy.

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
Yes, i was literally called out once, maybe more than once, by the username. Has been adressed positively a few times too.