have you ever been "That Guy"

ZeLunarian

Mar 1, 2010
I used to be that guy all the time in Unreal Tournament. And UT 2008... ... now if I'm lucky I can manage being that guy in Melee/brawl. But how many people would play that anymore -.-

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
Hmm, in Unreal Tournament, I went to a friends house, I had never played the game, he had very often. He won... the first round or two. And he played the game quite a bit. After the first two rounds I would often get around 3-5 kills for every one of his XD Even in 1v1...

I also used to own at SW Battle-Front 2 on PS2, my best friend and I would play, I could take him on as a trooper with only a precision pistol and he could be a jedi at full health... then... headshot!

thetruefallen

Mar 12, 2008
i have no idea why but one day i just busted out the fucking pro skills out of nowhere in F.E.A.R. multilayer at a LAN party. It got so bad in fact that everyone just up and made a battlefield 2 game because they said and i quote "You made it not fun anymore." way to make me sound like a dick guys.

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
With online FPSes, I have really bad days and really good days. On a bad day, I usually get one of the middle or low places on the endgame table thing. On a good day, I own every damn match.

***** PLEASE.

adamthecg

Nov 19, 2009
I am that guy in:

SSB
SSBM
SSBB
Tekken tag
Mario Kart
AoE

However in Halo, CoD, CS, Quake, and to a lesser extent AA back in the day, I was The other guy. you know, the one with a kill death ratio of 0.00000002. the one who was actually a detriment to any team he was on.

Naeo

Dec 31, 2008
Yup. Two games of Halo 3. Both were 4v4 ranked slayer. One of them, one person from our team quit, so I beasted (somehow) and got 28 kills out of 50 and had a 14:1 K:D spread. Guess who was MVP. Second one, same deal, one guy on our team quits, so one of the others and I start chatting rapidly about where the other guys are. Before about 10 kills the third person disconnected (he hadn't been doing anything anyways) for whatever reason and it was 2v4. But both of us were really working together on this game so pretty quickly the other teach was getting whooped so hard that one of them quit. Shortly thereafter, another quit, and it was 2v2. We kept beasting, one other guy quits. 2v1. Pretty soon, that guy quits. Final score was something like 35 to 10 after the whole other team quit, with basically 15 kills for both me and the other guy and a 2:1 k:d spread.

Two of the best days of my video game life.

Captcha: Bassam neflops

A Werewolf

Jun 27, 2011
Thats the sole reason I quit playing Enemy Territory.

nobody likes playing against the guy who gets scores similar to an aimbot, and I didn't like being that guy.

the first couple of times I got 150 headshots in a map it was fun, but after a while it just left me nervously laughing at the end of a map, with everyone teamswitching to my team next map in an extremely predictable pattern.

Even against other clans, my clan just kinda bragged about me while doing as little as possible, and I went in to massacre the enemy and do the objective...

F'Angus

Nov 18, 2009
When I was trying to get the 10,000 kill achievement on Resistance 2 I was getting pretty much all the kills by the end. One solid week of playing.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
A lot of the time I am that guy, normally in bad company 2 when I am being 'that sniper', you know the one sniper who can shoot your head from across the entire map while you are in a quad bike.

EDIT FOR EPICNESS: one time in bad company 2 I was able to tkae on the entire enemy team at the same time and kill them all. It was on the desert map with the bridge, I was on attack and only one m-com station was left, I went up the stairs on the construction sight and killed two guys with the xm8 smg, I then got killed. Medic instantly revived me and the medic got shot, I then took cover behind a wall, I came out of cover and shot a guy with the rocket launcher, stabbed the guy behind him through the smoke. Then I killed four guys with one round of the smg (three were head shots) and killed the last guy with my revolver(head shot) as he shot me with his sniper rifle. I died from the sniper shot but then my team destroyed the m-com station.

Gearran

Oct 19, 2007
Kind of depends on the game. Alpha Wolf, for example, I tend to do really good at. Halo, I get stomped into the dirt.

GlenTheFox

Feb 2, 2010
When I'm playing with my friends, yeah, I tend to be 'that guy' unfortunately...It's not that I want to be, it's just that I spend way more time playing than they do.

ascorbius

Numberwanger
Nov 18, 2009
Sorry, misread... I thought the the title was "Have you ever been The Guy?" and my answer was, No, that game is really hard.

I've been "That guy" before though, Office DOOM, I ROCKED.. Office Quake, I ROCKED.. then I got a bit older and my reactions waned a bit.. so with new games I suck more than I rock.

I jumped on a Serious Sam Second Encounter HD server the other day and got my ass handed to me by Russians.

Bravo 21

May 11, 2010
I was that guy once in tf2, I was playing heavy, and all of a sudden, the entire other team went scout, and it was glorious, I went something like 114-12, because they refused to change their class, so I would just stand on the point they had to capture and never let go of the trigger.

Apr 15, 2009
I was playing TF2 about a year ago as a heavy, got ~40 kills with one life and a total of around 110, it was a good day

Shifty Tortoise

Sep 10, 2008
I thought being "That Guy" was the objective, no? Get as many kills as you can? Assuming it's a deathmatch of course. If that's the case then yes, i've done this many times *flex*

The best i've done legitimately (not that i play any other way) is 290 kills in one life as a sniper on TF2, wouldn't have been possible if i'd been in a game with a time limit. But hell, i didn't get killed :p

That was a fluke anyway, i usually suck at TF2.