Have you ever felt a deep, personal hatred towards an NPC?

Ace of Spades

Jul 12, 2008
Dumag Gro-Bonk from the Shivering Isles for glitching beyond repair. "NOW IS NOT THE TIME FOR BUSINESS" "NOW IS NOT THE TIME FOR BUSINESS" "NOW IS NOT THE TIME FOR BUSINESS" "NOW IS NOT THE TIME FOR BUSINESS" "NOW IS NOT THE TIME FOR BUSINESS" 'WHEN IS IT TIME FOR BUSINESS??!!'

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
No. I bear no hatred towards NPC mostly because I know their just a cloud of 1s and 0s. I do bear some hatred towards the writers who write stupid characters though.

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
Yup, Boomer in Socom: Navy Seals. OMG, was he annoying. Everytime I'd try to line up a shot to snipe someone he'd walk in front of me or startle my target. It got to the point where I'd shoot him in the back of the head at the start of every level.

CharrHearted

Aug 20, 2010
BY AZURA BY AZURA BY AZURA IT'S THE GRAND CHAMPION, I CANT BELIEVE IT'S YOU STANDING HERE! Next to me...

Kurai Angelo

Oct 12, 2009
Every time Strong Bad goes all in, I want to punch that masked bastard in the face...
Still... he's fucking awesome when he's not opposite me on the poker table ^^

thespianicism

Aug 7, 2010
FargoDog said:
Every.
Single.
NPC.
In.
Oblivion.

I swear there was a conspiracy to create a landmass populated only by species clones with varying hair styles.
Right here. They ruin the game for me. I want whatever horrible force is about to take over happy land to come on in, just so they can all burn. BURN.

Yeah, I have some issues with that game.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Best of the 3 said:
Anyone from Two Worlds. What the hell are you saying.

Mayhap t'is thy old English nay! Forsooth! AYE! m'lady? T'is the taint!
Ye are be addled in the head lad. *Blank, lifeless stare into oblivion* Tis be normal around these here parts for us to speak'th like this.

I have to agree with you on that one. Worst writing/scripting/acting ever. And i cant stress that enough. We can only hope 2W2 will be better.

Hawk of Battle

Feb 28, 2009
Not an NPC specifically, but a character from a book is the only time I've ever REALLY HATED a fictional person. That person was Lijah "Fucking" Cuu!

What a fucking, fucking bastard!

JimJamJahar

Dec 18, 2009
I am really surprised nobody has actually mentioned the Adoring Fan from Oblivion yet. I mean, seriously guys, you're slacking

samaugsch

Oct 13, 2010
Anezay said:
Fontaine in Bioshock pissed me right the hell off. I wanted to shove a Big Daddy's drill right up his, uh, nose.
You can swear on here -_-, and Sofia from Bioshock 2 ticked me off even more. To quote Yahtzee, she had a voice so smug it made me want to jab a comically sized syringe in her eye every time she opened her fucking mouth.

Nov 28, 2010
Tricky from Starfox. I don't know why. I really, really don't. Maybe it's the voice? I have a thing about voices and his...His makes me want to mount his head on my wall. With a sledgehammer.

Bobobble

May 23, 2009
Roman Bellic, I would agree to his requests to go bowling only to bash the car we're in, till the blazing inferno, that used to be my vehicle, can safely be sent off a pier with it's occupants, excluding myself, still inside. The ensuing marine explosion relieves any negative feelings. A cleansing fire, if you will.

Tattaglia

Aug 12, 2008
That prick Reaver from Fable 2. I don't care if he's voiced by Stephen Fry, he's pure evil. But he's with the good guys? He murders a side character that's been around since the very beginning of the game, tricks you into sacrificing your appearance or the appearance of a stranger, and then shoots the bad guy in the middle of his pre-mortem speech. I wanted to kill him until he was dead, let me tell you...

EDIT: Ninja'd. Well played, above poster, well played.

BlackStar42

Jan 23, 2010
fare777 said:
BY AZURA BY AZURA BY AZURA IT'S THE GRAND CHAMPION, I CANT BELIEVE IT'S YOU STANDING HERE! Next to me...
RRRAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHH!

I think you can guess what my most hated NPC is...

Stephanos132

Sep 7, 2009
Azaraxzealot said:
that Terrorist Batarian from Mass Effect, where can i find him in Mass Effect 2 so i can get my revenge? seriously... i should have killed him, but i was actively changing as i played the game. old me would have done it, but new me grew a conscious to save the hostages

now i want to track this fucker down and make him eat those extra eyes he's got...
That guy was one of the few times I took the renegade option for (hunting him down instead of saving the prisoners). Shot him a few times then left him for the Alliance to loosen his tongue a bit. So satisfying.

As for me, it must be Udina from the same game. What a prick.