Have you ever just finished a game from start to finish in one sitting?

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
This is excluding some NES titles, the ones that required you to actually sit there and beat the game in one sitting. I'm talking about games like Call of Duty, Gears of War, Mirror's Edge, games like that.

I have no idea why, but I beat the first episode of the Penny Arcade game today (I was really close to the end and just finished it up today), and then right after that...I started a new game and I beat it...again...in one sitting. I had nothing else to do =/

I was just wondering if anyone else has ever done something like this? I'm sure many people have, but what game was it?

Bored Tomatoe

Aug 15, 2008
Yup. *Bored Tomatoe buys Bioshock at 7pm on a Friday*
*Bored Tomatoe Finishes watching the ending cinematic to Bioshock at 5am the following Saturday morning*

Audemas

Aug 12, 2008
Call of Duty 4, Gears of War 1 and 2, Call of Duty World at War, Star Fox 64, Super Smash Bros. Melee.

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
James Bond Nightfire, was a huge Bond fan a couple years back and Devil May Cry 4, loved that game so much though it was the same level twice.

Fignutz

Jan 18, 2009
I tend to stop myself from doing that, so I can go back and enjoy the game later.

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
My roommate and I powered through all three Halos in one night. Needless to say we were both very late to where we had to be (him work, me class).

Johnny Xtreme

Jan 31, 2009
Absolutely. There are two games in particular, I bought them for how utterly cheesy they are. The visuals are terrible, the voice acting is atrocious, and the story is pretty bad. Obscure I and II. Despite how bad they are, the fact you could co-op a survival horror made it more fun than it should have been.

Inverse Skies

Feb 3, 2009
Yep. Episode 1 from Half-Life 2 kept me going in one sitting because it was so good (and pretty short). The exact same thing happened with Portal as well.

Jeronus

Nov 14, 2008
I try to but I lose so much sleep that I find myself tired and grumpy until I can get a reasonable amount of sleep. I rarely have enough time to play games without sacrificing some sleepy time.

phar

Jan 29, 2009
Halo 3
CoD WaW
Starcraft (pretty much each campaign)
Diablo 1

Not a complete finish but I swapped my PS3 copy of GTA4 for the 360 version so I could play L&D. I got over 25% through the original GTA4 yesterday. About 6 hours of gameplay. Games pretty simple when you know where everything is..

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
nearly every game I play I aim to go as far as I can in one sitting. Most games I'm successful in that, but I restrain myself from time to time so I can get the most out of the experience.

Shadow Law

Feb 16, 2009
If this ever does happen then two things must be going on: either A) the game was not good or long enough to be a fairly good game or B) you have a horrible case of insomnia and need to contact your doctor right away.